Survey Time !! User Experience Survey

1. G_Manish_Chandola_
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

G_Manish_Chandola_ , Apr 12, 2019 :
    OnePlus 3/3T usually don't get gallery, File manager, launcher and Camera update. we would appreciate if those default apps will get regular updates by play store instead some system update channel.

2. Aaditya _007
    Froyo Apr 12, 2019

Aaditya _007 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Would hope that Oneplus releases an always on display feature in settings as optional. People who like it won't argue about the battery life being slightly less than the ones who don't activate it.

ezxnity likes this.
  3. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 12, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    FOR THE 6/6T
    bad battery and ram management.
    picture quality should improve.
    camera app not stable, hanging issues.
    portrait mode takes around 3 secs to open.
    sorting apps not possible inside folders.

but I know this survey will be used to make the next gen phones better.

4. dev_aashish_
    Eclair Apr 12, 2019

5. eye842
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2019

eye842 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Not possible to correct or ad more after hitting OK :(
    Q5 doesn't indicate if we should do it on a OnePlus phone with OnePlus launcher or anything else.
    Q17 is giving you a false result from everyone who doesn't use the gallery app. Need to pick two options.

....Done!

B_Wrath likes this.
  6. G_ayush_madan_YhBr
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

K1kk1, gagandipzzz, ditochoza and 2 others like this.
  7. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

8. Blue-agila
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2019

Blue-agila , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Whats that got to do with "using the launcher, camera, and the Gallery App"

9. Blue-agila
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 12, 2019

Blue-agila , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Whats that got to do with "using the launcher, camera, and the Gallery App"

10. NoInspiration
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

11. Darshil_Raichura
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

12. NoInspiration
    Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

13. Vidnomenon
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

Vidnomenon , Apr 12, 2019 :
    I thought we'd get a chance to suggest changes to the Shelf. I use the Shelf just to glance at stuff.
    I'd like to see some integration with Google feed while keeping certain widgets like the Dashboard

X1544222251310 and ravijain87 like this.
  14. G_Guilherme_Fiad_yats
    Eclair Apr 12, 2019

G_Guilherme_Fiad_yats , Apr 12, 2019 :
    I'm very surprised that there was no question what so ever related to sound quality in this survey.
    To me it's the one aspect that OnePlus needs to improve in the new generation and I'm very concerned that it will not happen unfortunately.

ravijain87 likes this.
  15. T1552544810602
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2019

T1552544810602 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Chrome and some apps responding late.
    Tabs on chrome are sometimes unresponsive.
    Phone is heating while playing games plus games sometimes stop working.
    It's just going to be one month and also this is my first one plus phone.

16. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2019

17. ravijain87
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

ravijain87 , Apr 12, 2019 :
    Done,

I have said this in the survey but where I see there could be improvements:

Navigation Gestures: When using gestures, you lose options compared to navigation buttons. Long press on recents for split screen being a much used one for me. Having both left and right swipe up mean back is a missed opportunity. Make one back and the other recents. Then use swipe and hold for a secondary option. this would allow gestures to be a lot more useful than they are today.

Camera: The camera is an area that can be improved, I appreciate this is always a moving target as new phones are always getting better in this area. One thing I would suggest you do is to use full level 3 camera API's for future phones. This would then allow 3rd party apps to best use the built in hardware.

Wish list: I appreciate hardware for the OP7 will be long finalized by now but I hope it comes with duel frequency GPS. In terms of user experience, when in cities with tall buildings and when on motorways with lots of on / off ramps the GPS can get confused as it's not as accurate.

To be fair, these are nitpicking points. I had the OP5 and currently on the OP6. I love these phones as they have the right balance of features and awesome software support / upgrade program that I like. Great job guys and girls!!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

smith.harry1 likes this.
  18. ravijain87
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

I personally use Nova launcher and have the left most screen as Google feed. It would be great if the Shelf could have a better good feed integration as that is one thing that would make me more likely to use OnePlus Launcher. I do have Nova prime so with Gestures and the amount of customisability I don't see myself moving away from that anytime soon.

Vidnomenon likes this.
  19. zakariyais
    Donut Apr 12, 2019

20. ravijain87
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

I would agree with this.

The HTC One (m7) and the HTC One M8 with their duel front firing speakers are what originally brought me to Android from IPhone. At the time, everyone used to comment on how much better my phone sounded than theirs.

Having been with OnePlus for a few phones now, I do find the bottom firing speaker okay but I often block it and it cramps my hand after a while trying to cup it under the phone when I want to listen to something.

I would LOVE for duel front firing speakers to make their introduction to OnePlus though I understand this likely won't happen with the focus being more around screen to body ratio these days.

In terms of headphones, I do have several pairs of high end IEM's. One thing you could consider (and I think you would make a killing if done right) is a Bluetooth adapter for people to plug in their high end IEM's into. They could come with either mmcx or 3.5mm connectors (mmcx makes more sense for high end). you could bundle it with a pair of OnePlus Bullets with their decent capabilities but be very upgradable as people require.

G_Guilherme_Fiad_yats likes this.