Suspected frame limited to 60fps while gaming.

1. maple_mak
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

maple_mak , Feb 11, 2020 :
    Razer Cortex has a new feature that able to show fps while gaming. I have discovered something weird.

I heard some games support high refresh rate, like VainGlory, Dead Trigger 2, Real Racing 3, etc.

As the video below is shown, the phone captured 90fps almost every app, but tried Dead Trigger 2 with Max settings, the frame is locked to 60fps.

I had also tried Real Racing 3, Subway Surfers and Riptide GP: Renegade, those games also locked to 60fps. Not sure that was this issue comes from Razer Cortex, the game or the OxygenOS. I will try to feedback to Razer Cortex and looking into it, will update the news for everyone.

• Update 1: Thanks to my friend suggested me to try the PUBG China version, which also supports 90fps, and yes, it doesn't have locked frame issue. This is weird.[​IMG]

• Update 2: I had using an app that able to force 90Hz for my OnePlus 7T, as the result, Dead Trigger 2 and other games that supports higher refresh rate, are able to run with 90fps. Refer to the video below:
    If don't trust the video above, you may Google to find an app that able to Force 90hz for your OnePlus device, see it for yourself. I understand force 90hz on gaming will cause battery drain, but we have Warp Charge which still retains fast charging speed while gaming, so who cares?

I hope OnePlus team developer can do something about frame limited issues on massive games.

Games list which supports high refresh rate: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/09/15/android-games-phones-high-frame-rates-90-120fps/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020

2. Hyperspacey
    Gingerbread Feb 11, 2020

Hyperspacey , via OnePlus 7T , Feb 11, 2020 :
    Frame rate locking is down to developers and it's unlikely OnePlus would be able to affect that; I also doubt they would release any app or OS feature to bypass frame rate limiters as it can have unintended side effects.

Sheppards likes this.
  3. n30n8te , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Feb 14, 2020 :
    You can use jOnePlus tools(which can be activated through adb of you don't have root on your device) to force apps use 90hz if there any support provided for high refresh rate screens.

4. RebelWolf
    Donut May 7, 2021

RebelWolf , May 7, 2021 :
    If you're referring to game developers, than not true. For example Call of duty mobile has added support for 120fps on any and all devices that support it. However OnePlus 9 for example which supports 120 fps is locked to 60fps with the expection of pubg due to their partnership.