Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. parag265
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2017

2. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Dec 30, 2017

3. robinsc
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2017

robinsc , Dec 30, 2017 :
    sorry you did not understand the use case. when two Sims are in one phone you can only have one call at a time. you can't for example pick up up a second call without putting your first call on hold. with two phones you can keep the first call running while you use the other phone. if you join many conference calls you will appreciate the utility of this. if you don't then perhaps you are not a power user and you can make do with a single phone.

4. mrpacs
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2017

mrpacs , Dec 30, 2017 :
    Hated it. So I downloaded and installed the Google dialer from XDA. Swipe up to answer is now back.

robinsc likes this.
  5. robinsc
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2017

robinsc , Dec 30, 2017 :
    that is a partial solution since the call notification popup does not work unless you are rooted because of the missing Google dialler framework.i too have reluctantly gone this route but I need to switch to the phone app manually if I recieve a call when the screen is on

MaximilianoDB and mrpacs like this.
  6. mrpacs
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2017

mrpacs , Dec 30, 2017 :
    Very true. It's annoying but I'm simply launching the dialer to answer calls

robinsc likes this.
  7. UdayChandu
    Donut Dec 30, 2017

UdayChandu , Dec 30, 2017 :
    you can use this phone for your work purpose too. by enable Google device policy.

8. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 30, 2017 :
    this is one reason I haven't switched. it's a pain.

robinsc and mrpacs like this.
  9. mrpacs
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2017

mrpacs , Dec 30, 2017 :
    It's a pain, no question. But - I think that swiping down is more of a pain so I went with the lesser of 2 evils.

robinsc and G_Nick_T_FTnG like this.
  10. robinsc
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2017

robinsc , Dec 30, 2017 :
    I too have inclined in this direction and am now using the Google dialer

mrpacs likes this.
  11. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 30, 2017 :
    What people need to do is be real. Stop pumping OP's tires.

It's still a great phone, but a terrible decision to change the function of a core app.

Cars don't switch core functionality across brands. It's always steer right to go right and left to go left. Imagine you bought a car that was reversed then hopped in your buddies car to drive his drunk butt home.

How many times have you gotten cold water from a tap because the plumber piped the lines reversed yet it takes you a while to realize why no hot water is coming out?

What if a company changed the numbers on a remote control or telephone to match the layout of the numbers on a computer keyboard, yet your other TV had a remote with the traditional format? Would it irritate you in the dark?

In the same scenario. if you were a data entry clerk used to the number format and you've been keying in for years.. but then your company decided to buy keyboards that had a keypad with a telephone layout. You'd slow your productivity to a crawl.

Now all these scenarios sound unrealistic and stupid right?

Exactly.

gotshoaib, hpilot and Henrik Boy like this.
  12. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

Y1511446669413 , Dec 31, 2017 :
    I agree why to make effort to change what is muscular memory for most people after years of use .

plain stupid

gotshoaib likes this.
  13. robinsc
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2017

robinsc , Dec 31, 2017 :
    right now everything is tied at 4 votes which might be an indicator that this is a controversial decision on the part of one plus.

14. 5t_karybek
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2017

5t_karybek , Dec 31, 2017 :
    I used to swipe up to answer on my last smartphone. Would be better to use option to choose swipe direction.

gotshoaib likes this.
  15. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Dec 31, 2017 :
    The mobile app doesn't have a vote option that I can see. I'm guessing it wouldn't be tied if it did

16. allisterr
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2018

allisterr , Jan 1, 2018 :
    When I first got my 5t I was ending calls all the time because it was in the opposite direction. I guess we'll get used to it.
    I just find swiping down isn't as easy as swiping upwards on a large phone so it's more annoying when answering calls.

But if all else fails muscle memory will eventually kick in.

gotshoaib likes this.
  17. ilya_lukhtanov
    Froyo Jan 1, 2018

ilya_lukhtanov , Jan 1, 2018 :
    what's wrong with you? you are so lazy and not adaptive? must be very hard to live with this :D all my life I used standard swipes, then got op5t and needed JUST ONCE to swipe wrong direction to understand and learn CORRECT one. you always can look at screen - there you can see a tips in each directions...

18. ilya_lukhtanov
    Froyo Jan 1, 2018

ilya_lukhtanov , Jan 1, 2018 :
    p.s. but feature to customize is needed I think in this case, where developers decided to change "standard" behavior

19. jacobkktan
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

jacobkktan , Jan 1, 2018 :
    I personally prefer swiping up to answer, literally rejected 70% of calls just because of muscle memory

gotshoaib likes this.
  20. hxt.nguyen
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018