swipe up unlocks phone from lock screen??

1. Mrwebber
    Eclair Jul 24, 2017

Mrwebber , Jul 24, 2017 :
    I have Nova launcher installed and have been loving it. but it seems I can unlock my phone with a swipe up from the lock screen. any finger too

now, I may be being a noob, but I can't seem to find a way to turn this off. it's not a gesture option. it seems to be a major fail from either my or OP's front.

2. LorenStuck
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2017

3. Mrwebber
    Eclair Jul 24, 2017

yes, finger print lock. I can swipe up on the clock and it just opens the phone. only just noticed it in the last hour or so.

4. LorenStuck
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2017

Mrwebber likes this.
  5. Mrwebber
    Eclair Jul 24, 2017

I have turned that off. as I'm not sure how it detects when it's on your or not. that seems to of done the trick. what a Twitter.

6. Mrwebber
    Eclair Jul 24, 2017

LorenStuck likes this.
  7. iRadiate
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2017

iRadiate , Jul 24, 2017 :
    that's the cool thing about smart lock.
    use it once you understand how it works.

8. Mrwebber
    Eclair Jul 24, 2017

I did use it... but it still allowed my phone to be unlocked by swiping up even when it wasnt on me. I left it on the side and tried it and it still opened the phone.

9. iRadiate
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2017

iRadiate , Jul 24, 2017 :
    isn't that the whole point?

smart lock allows you to unlock your phone if it's in a trusted environment..e.g.location or connected to your car or headphones.

are you saying that even without all that the phone has no security?

if so that's a hell of a bug. doesn't help you but my phone locks and unlocks exactly when it should

10. 0061
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2018

11. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Jan 25, 2018

MJ_Vikram , Jan 25, 2018 :
    Turn off Smart Lock in Trusted Agent and check ..

12. r8j3
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2018

r8j3 , Jul 13, 2018 :
    Same thing happened to me :(
    Solution/workaround:
    Settings -> Security & Lock screen -> Smart Lock
    * Trusted place
    * Trusted devices

If you have any settings in either of them, this could cause the behavior mentioned.
    Trusted place: If you have any location saved in your trusted places, my case I have my home address, then the "swipe up" by anyone in the saved location will unlock it.
    Trusted devices: If you have any Bluetooth devices (Fitbit, computer, headphone, ...) that have been saved in Trusted devices, will allow "swipe up" by anyone, if you device is within 100 feet or so.

To test either of them:
    * Trusted place -> turn off GPS and test
    * Trusted devices -> turn off Bluetooth and test.
    (don't allow face recognition during testing)

This is NOT a bug but a feature.:)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

13. Exceedurlimit
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2019

Exceedurlimit , Jan 24, 2019 :
    Hi. Thanks! I now understand why my phone (I've just got a Oneplus 6T) simply unlocks when i scroll up.

However, I do find it a bit unusual that my smartwatch essentially keeps my phone unlocked all day. If i pop to the kitchen to make a brew my watch stays connected. While i may only be gone for say 5mins (or longer if i get chatting :)), that gives someone more than enough time to have a good look through my phone?!

Would it not be better to allow my watch to stay connected with my phone (and allow it to sync and do everything else) but not keep my phone unlocked (without having to turn off bluetooth) ;)? Alternatively, give me the option to chose if i want my smart watch to keep my phone unlocked.

thanks

14. shree2325
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2019

shree2325 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 15, 2019 :
    hey guys I faced the same issue. it's to do with smart unlock. u got to turn off the on body detection. also chk if u have added any address to trusted location.

this shld fix the issue.

15. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 15, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Why go digging up old threads for some unsolicited advice?

16. shree2325
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

shree2325 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 16, 2019 :
    I faced a similar issue. and why do u bother? are u an admin to this thread? if u can't contribute then just keep ur self at Bay. if u r an admin then mark this thread inactive.

17. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 16, 2019 :

shree2325

I faced a similar issue. and why do u bother? are u an admin to this thread? if u can't contribute then just keep ur self at Bay. if u r an admin then mark this thread inactive.​

You're not contributing when the answer was already given in the topic in a previous post.

On body detection and trusted places are both apart of smart lock, which was mentioned already.

Literally every topic where people can unlock their lock screen with a swipe has a feature of smart lock on.

18. shree2325
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

19. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019