Sound Switched from iPhone 8P to OnePlus 7T - Disappointed with 7T Sound Quality

1. jcridge
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019

jcridge , Nov 10, 2019 :
    I've been an iPhone users since the iPhone was first released. Made the switch to the OnePlus 7T in October after several years of being disappointed with the new iPhones and iOS. I loved my OnePlus 7T. The screen, the performance, OxygenOS, everything, except for the sound quality. I found the sound quality coming from the speakers to be high pitched and tinny compared to my old iPhone 8P which had deep, clear, and rich audio. The audio on my 7T sounded like it was coming from inside a box or a tin can. When comparing the two phones side by side the audio quality between the two was like night and day. I ended up returning my 7T but have been sad ever since as I really loved the 7T.

As I'm a new convert to OnePlus was my experience with the audio on the 7T common for OnePlus phones or did I perhaps just get a bad phone?

2. MindfreakBS
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2019

MindfreakBS , Nov 11, 2019 :
    While I do agree the iPhone's sound quality is far better, I don't think the 7T's sound is as bad as you're making it to be. (Although it could be because you are used to the iPhone's) What I find amusing is was it SO bad that just the speaker sound quality made you return the device even though you admittedly loved everything else about the phone? You could just use Bluetooth speakers and headphones?

AbeDZ likes this.
  3. jcridge
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2019

jcridge , Nov 11, 2019 :
    I might be an unusual case in that I suffer from tinnitus (too many concerts in my youth) and found the 7T made my tinnitus kick up when using the phone or listening to music over the built-in speakers. So for me, unfortunately, it was a deal breaker :(. I will say that playing music over my bluetooth speakers sounded great from the 7T.

I've read that improved audio is in the pipeline for the OnePlus 8 ("This first leak claims the OnePlus 8 will finally get wireless charging and improved dual stereo speakers, too."), so I'm looking forward to the OnePlus 8.