Other Switching from S21U to 9 Pro, bad idea?

1. G_Jeff_Merheb_qZnO
    Froyo Jan 15, 2022

G_Jeff_Merheb_qZnO , Jan 15, 2022 :
    Hello
    Yesterday I wanted to swap my 10 months old S21U exynos with a new 9 Pro for 0$ as the price decreased.
    Though I am holding my horses because of the following reasons, unless you have answers?
    -I thought the battery is now better on 9 Pro thanks to A12 but it's very confusing, there are still people saying it's horrible and other pretty good, personally I get 7h SOT without gaming and AOD On with my samsung
    -Cables!! Is OP still picky on USB cable that can give Warp charge? If yes I would have to buy 1 or 2 more
    --Android 12! I thought it was out and in a fixed version but it looks it's not the case at all, is it that bad?

subsidiary likes this.
  2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 15, 2022

Aaron2017 , Jan 15, 2022 :
    Hi, about battery, well you kinda gave the answer yourself. Some will say it's great, others will say it's terrible. As we all use our phones differently, with different apps, different settings applied etc, nobody's battery usage will be the same. OxygenOS 12 has been released yes, but it's a bit complicated at the moment. Thankfully another user was so kind to create a thread with a full summary of the state of the OxygenOS 12 rollout so far
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ries-and-what-happened.1534008/#post-23933710
    If you should switch is also hard to say... If you like the s21 ultra and Samsung's software, i see no reason to change. It's still on hell of a phone, even with the Exynos chip.
    Don't know of you're aware or not but there will be some changes in OP's software, because of the merge with Oppo's ColorOS codebase, as well with the OxygenOS 12 update, I'll link those threads to check out if you want
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/explore-more-on-oxygenos12.1500773/
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-12-faq-find-your-answer.1519491/
    But ultimately the decision is yours alone to make i'm afraid.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022

Gor. and Caomhin like this.
  3. Trita11
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2022

Trita11 , Jan 15, 2022 :
    I say stay calm.
    I own a Oneplus 9 Pro 256Gb for which I paid 1,000 euros.
    It was my worst decision.
    The phone is not worth half the price.
    It's full of bugs. The battery is pathetic, I'm not happy with the camera at all (I have a Huawei P30 pro that still takes better pictures than the Oneplus 9 pro)
    The only good thing is fast charging (35 minutes to 100%)
    It is rumored that Samsung S22 will come everywhere with Snapdragon.
    I say wait a minute.
    OnePlus is dead.
    It's not worth the money

subsidiary likes this.
  4. Turbospeed440
    Froyo Jan 16, 2022

subsidiary likes this.
  5. G_Jeff_Merheb_qZnO
    Froyo Jan 16, 2022

G_Jeff_Merheb_qZnO , Jan 16, 2022 :
    Yeah I nearly abandoned this idea
    The thing is that none of the 2022 phones convinced me till now.
    The 10 Pro is apparently even worse than 9 pro in terms of cameras, it would just have a better battery. The mi12 Pro is pretty deceiving for telephoto while the mi11 Pro was by far better but not globally sold. The s22u is retaining the same cameras as s21u and super ugly back, no will from samsung to change the years old mistakes of tiny statusbar (ridiculous small fonts), double tap to select a menu and changing country for the samsung shop
    Too bad huwaei lost google support

subsidiary likes this.
  6. krishnakumar09
    Froyo Jan 16, 2022

subsidiary likes this.
  7. Marucins
    Froyo Jan 16, 2022

Marucins , Jan 16, 2022 :
    Unnecessary rush.
    Who buys an old phone from the beginning of the year when newer models are around the corner. Unless the current situation is the reason and it is a pity to spend money because inflation is crazy high.
    As a colleague writes. You can see for yourself that the situation with Android 12 showed what is really happening inside the company.
    I do not know whether to sell and buy something else or stay. It is you who must make this decision. Just be careful that with the next purchase you do not burn even more.

subsidiary likes this.
  8. subsidiary
    Froyo Jan 17, 2022

9. Turbospeed440
    Froyo Jan 17, 2022

Turbospeed440 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 17, 2022 :
    I'd probably buy a Motorola before another op phone. I truly can see them loosing a lot of people because they layout of 12 sucks.