Switching to Airplane mode disables Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection

1. GabrielA.
    Donut Jul 31, 2018

GabrielA. , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Switching to Airplane mode disables Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. I'm using the above mention alot and I hate when both disconnect, because switching to Airplane mode is supposed to only disable the sim network! Any help with future updates would be much appreciated, OnePlus! Thanks, kind regards, Gabriel
    PS: I should have the possibility in the settings whether I want all communications to be disabled or just the ones I pick!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018

2. hahaha2223
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2018

hahaha2223 , Jul 31, 2018 :
    No, airplane mode always disables all active radio communications (as required by the airlines)

3. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Jul 31, 2018

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 31, 2018

Waveform Modifier , Jul 31, 2018 :
    Pretty sure that's how Airplane mode works. You can selectively turn some back on but if you indeed on an airplane, you should leave those radio transmitted services off.

Walter Wolf and GabrielA. like this.
  5. Dark_L
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

Dark_L , Aug 1, 2018 :
    Your right that's how the airplane mode works. But the "fact" that Bluetooth and wifi are interfering with a planes electric systems is just false. So on a plane go ahead and use you're Bluetooth headphones (from the technical standpoint, if the airline doesn't want that you have to follow their rules)

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2018

Waveform Modifier , Aug 1, 2018 :
    I never said it would interfere with the plane. All I'm saying that is the fact the Airplane mode will automatically turn off everything and that is how almost all airline likes it. I rather not get kicked off the flight and get f' up by the flight attendant than leaving it on.

Walter Wolf likes this.
  7. Dark_L
    Donut Aug 1, 2018

Dark_L , Aug 1, 2018 :

Waveform Modifier

I never said it would interfere with the plane. All I'm saying that is the fact the Airplane mode will automatically turn off everything and that is how almost all airline likes it. I rather not get kicked off the flight and get f' up by the flight attendant than leaving it on.​

Just wanted to clearify that. Most airlines are getting rid of this unnecessary regulation. But that's off topic.
    OP: Airplane mode deactivates all radio transmitting functions of your phone and there's nothing zlyou can do about it. The only thing I can think of is that a app checks Evers few seconds for the status of Bluetooth and/or wifi and enables it once it's disabled.

You are aware of the fact that this is a user forum? No Oneplus employee is officially watching this forum.