System always reboots into TWRP

1. Muhsin_Sultan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan , Jun 22, 2019 :
    I was using OxygenOS for over a year and decided to try something new, a custom ROM.

I chose Pixel Experience and flashed it with Magisk, works like a charm and loved it

After a while I couldn't decrypt my phone in TWRP even after putting the right password, so I thought I would just factory reset via TWRP.

While doing so I lost my OS, so I reflashed OxygenOS then tried again, and managed to flash everything as usual, but after completing everything, when clicking reboot system in TWRP, it always double reboots and then reboots into TWRP again.

Quick google search yielded possible solutions which included flashing OxygenOS and redoing the whole process, which didn't work. From what I understand it's a boot image issue but as mentioned reflashing OxygenOS didn't help.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I thought of the possibility of flashing OxygenOS (which returns the stock recovery) and relocking then unlocking the bootloader, but hopefully someone who knows how to circumvent this issue helps.

Thanks!

2. pbergonzi
    KitKat Jul 7, 2019

pbergonzi , Jul 7, 2019 :
    See XDA-Developers for all things OP6T.
    First, it is wise to remove your screen lock before booting back to twrp--it's just easier, though it may be less risky with newer versions of twrp.
    There are occasions when returning from a non-stock ROM to a stock ROM, when it is necessary to reflash Magisk before re-booting system. I do not know if this current case is one of them.

Muhsin_Sultan likes this.