System Lag and screen freezing via OnePlus Nord

1. meashuu
    Froyo Sep 26, 2020

meashuu , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 26, 2020 :
    Hey OnePlus
    I'm using OnePlus Nord 12gb+256gb variant since 2 September 2020. And I'm pretty much satisfied with my choice, even though I have faced some problems in my phone which the OnePlus fixed through updates.
    What my one issue has not been fixed yet and that is the system lag and the screen freezing problem.
    I'm facing problem of system lag, delay in application while opening, and screen freezing. Sometimes my screen does not work smoothly as it was working one the 1st week of purchase. As my phone is getting older day by day, I'm facing new issues in my mobile. And one of my major issue right now I'm facing is 'System lag and Screen freezing'.
    My Screen sometimes does not respond properly and effectively, which I was expecting from 90hz refresh rate of screen setting.
    I hope OnePlus will help me out of this and fix my issue as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards

Ashutosh Srivastav.

abelmathew1903 likes this.
  2. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Sep 26, 2020 :
    Many users have same issue. Try to troubleshoot.
    Clear cache, take back up and factory reset.Or wait for the next update, oneplus hopefully working on fixing the issue.

meashuu and abelmathew1903 like this.
  3. UKRYAN
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2020

4. SamMadan531
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2020

5. jyothiram5967
    Froyo Oct 8, 2020

abelmathew1903 likes this.

7. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Oct 9, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Try to Optimize the phone, this helps with Lag, Heat, Battery Drain and much more.

Clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life
    https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

Guide to lower Battery Drain.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/guide-lower-battery-drain.1260498/

8. jyothiram5967
    Froyo Oct 9, 2020

jyothiram5967 , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Already have done it....More over problem is screen flickering and freezing while scrolling through apps

meashuu likes this.
  9. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Oct 9, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Turn off Ram Boost, see if that helps.

10. jyothiram5967
    Froyo Oct 9, 2020

Caoimhín likes this.
  11. M1642195273092
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2022

M1642195273092 , Jan 14, 2022 :
    I have been trying to find a fix for this for a bit. Not sure if I'm having the same issue as described above but it's bad. Pixels and lines freezing in place from earlier rendered frames and flickering lines and such.
    I turned off ram boost after reading your comment and I haven't had an issue for the last fifteen minutes since. Too soon to tell if it fixed it for good I think. But it most certainly helps. Thank you for the suggestion!

I just tested it with refresh rate at 90hz and the problem came back. 60hz refresh rate and RAM boost off is working for me.