System Update for OnePlus TV Q/U Series[OTA7]

1. Sophie Z.
    TV Software Product Manager Staff Member Apr 23, 2021

Sophie Z. , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Hi everyone,

It has been half a year since we released the OTA 6 for Q/U series. It’s time to bring you something new. I guess many of you have noticed that we just released the OTA 7 for 55Q1/Q1Pro/U series. We suggest you upgrade to get a better user experience.

With the seventh OTA update, you can take photos or shoot videos by using the built-in Camera app. We’d also like to introduce an interesting method of controlling your TV – Using Connect app on OnePlus Watch as a remote controller. For example, you can use OnePlus Watch to turn on or off the TV and control the volume. More functions will be updated in the future so please stay tuned.

For OxygenPlay, we're bringing a new Sport Zone for sports lovers to enjoy exciting sports games. In addition, you’ll be able to give ratings to contents you love. Your ratings will be important references so don’t hesitate to grade the videos. There will also be a new channel – Republic Live to OxygenPlay so that you can enjoy Click and Play without jumping to other 3rd party apps.​

For more details, please check the changelog:
    1. Add a built-in Camera app: Allows you to take photos or shoot videos and share them to your phone.
    2. OnePlus Watch: You can now control OnePlus TV using “TV Connect” app on OnePlus Watch.
    3. OxygenPlay: Add Republic Live Channel, Sports Zone, content rating, etc.
    4. The Bluetooth lag issue: For users who have a lag when connecting to Bluetooth earphones, please try this: Setting-> sound-> Bluetooth delay. Press the direction key to adjust to level 4.
    We are planning to push OTA7 incrementally as per below. It may take a little time for some to get the update, but we are looking at a better user experience:

April 20th: Accomplish 40% of TV units
    April 24th: Accomplish 30% of TV units
    April 30th: Accomplish 30% of TV units

All the TV units will receive the update by 30th April. Anyone who doesn't have it after that day, please sent out your SN number to me via private communication. We will help as soon as possible. Hope everything goes well.

Never Settle.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021

B_Wrath, atharva476, Amanrae and 3 others like this.
  2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 26, 2021

Stickied Post
    Venky61 , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Here's the detailed changelog of OTA7

• A dedicated App for Camera has been added in the TV. You can connect any USB Webcam and capture photos/videos with the help of this App. These photos/videos can be shared to your phone by scanning a QR code from the TV. The Camera App offers a Timer for capture, Couple of Frames for adding fun and Video recording up to 3mins/video. The picture and videos captured by the WebCam can also be quickly accessed from a dedicated Camera Folder in File Manager.
    • Support for Controlling TV from Watch has been added. Open TV Connect App on watch and start controlling the TV. You can control Volume and Turn TV On/Off.
    • A dedicated Sports Section has been added to Oxygen Play. It has sports content majorly from SonyLiv. Has information about Results from completed matches and details about upcoming matches. You can even set Reminders for your fav matches.
    • User can now Rate the Movies/Series on Oxygen Play and all the rated movies will be listed in the MyVideos Section of Oxygen Play. Long Press the Title and along with Title Details/Watchlist option, you now get the Rate feature.
    • Republic TV Live has been added to Oxygen Play. Open Oxygen Play and in Home Section scroll down to find the LiveTV Row.
    • Resolved Android TV Data Saver App not updating in the Playstore.
    • Added option to correct Bluetooth Delay. Settings<Sound<Bluetooth Delay. When there is a delay in the Output from BT Devices, user can set the value to 4 to get the Audio in Sync. From my personal experience, having the value set to -5 reduced the Crackling and Audio Sync issue too. Some users reported that this setting did not solve the issue though.
    • Security Patch updated to February 2021.
    Do let me know if you find any other feature being added or bug being resolved, will add it to the list.

3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 17, 2021

Stickied Post
    Venky61 , May 17, 2021 :
    Hey Guys,
    OnePlus TV Q and U series users now can link their TV to their RedCableClub from the Profile Section of "Oxygen Play" App and claim 1000 RedCoins, provided you have not reached your 4 devices limit in the account.

[​IMG]

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update Sophie...

This feature is really fun to use.

For users who have crackling noise while using BT devices with Youtube or any App, keep the Bluetooth delay to -5, it helps. If it still happens after changing the BT delay value, restart the App. This technique seems to work for me and hope it helps you all too.

Todd W. and B_Wrath like this.
  5. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 23, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the update @Sophie Z.
    This was nice :cool:
    Ahh yeah! Ratings!! :D
    The casting issue in connect app which happened on clicking Cast when the TV is already in Multicast has also been fixed. It works good now.

Also, this BT lag temporary fix was found long ago, but there is still distortion on YouTube even after following the steps mentioned by Venky.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

6. harshavardhan27
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2021

harshavardhan27 , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Pls kindly suggest if there is any app to open pdf files in oneplus Q series tv.
    Thank you

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 23, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 23, 2021 :
    TV Explorer app is the one I use

harshavardhan27 likes this.
  8. harshavardhan27
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2021

10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 25, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 25, 2021 :
    You can cast easily from phone using the OnePlus Connect App

11. abhijeetn , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 25, 2021 :
    Miracast is for windows..I know that one can cast from the phone..they are two very different things

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 26, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Follow these steps for chromecasting (a bit laggy, but works for playing content)
    Open Chrome on Windows, click on the three dots in the top right corner, select "cast" from the dropdown menu, select "source" as desktop, click on OnePlus TV to start casting

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021

13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 26, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 26, 2021 :
    True... I was also expecting it this time but seems like we have to wait till the next OTA.

abhijeetn likes this.
  14. abhijeetn , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Bro why are you insisting that I use chromecast through a chromium browser...I specifically want miracast..coz it would also allow me to use Samsung DEX.Would it hurt you if Oneplus adds miracast.Also every tip that your giving I am aware of it.

15. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 26, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Okay 👍🏻

16. R1581619979318
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2021

17. ginzon
    Froyo Apr 27, 2021

ginzon , Apr 27, 2021 :
    6 months of wait and this is the changelog.. I guess no one from OnePlus is working at home..
    Disappointed..

18. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 27, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 27, 2021 :
    What did you expect in the changelog? I know that the major bug is not fixed...but anything else?

19. Saurav_Mahato
    Donut Apr 27, 2021

20. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 27, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Wait till April 30th

Venky61 likes this.