System Update for OnePlus TV Q/U Series[OTA7]

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 9, 2021

Venky61 , May 9, 2021 :
    Lol... Let's see who's making blind comments in this case...

First of all the video you shared and the marketing strategy you are talking about is "use and throw". As the software makes the devices slow, users are not left with any other option than upgrading it. This concept is applicable for phones and you blindly want to apply this for TVs too.
    Now let's see how applicable this can be for Android TVs.
    Point 1: If a TV Product manager thinks that a TV user will upgrade their within 2 years because of slow software, then they better look for a different PM.
    Point 2: Let's for the sake of argument assume that you are 100% true and OnePlus has pushed software to slow the TV. TVs come with something called HDMI which do not rely on the so called Software. User can easily buy A Fire Stick or GoogleTV or Apple TV or even Android Stick which is new in the market and run the TV like new without any sluggish behaviour. So I don't know how the whole point of focring the user to buy a new Product applies here.

Now you mentioned "Opinion of many users". Can you please show me some users of OnePlus TV who says the TV got sluggish with the update? I am a member of OnePlus TV group having around 30-40 OnePlus TV Q series users in contact and none of the them have such issue of File Manager not working or 4k lagging more after upgrade.
    So, What I mentioned is based on facts and figures and not something blindly by just connecting random dots.
    I am not a OnePlus blind lover to deny if you talk with facts. The TV has many other issue like BT Audio delay, Audio Passthrough issues which we all agree and stand by when a user points them out. I hope you understand that.
    Peace out.

2. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , May 9, 2021 :
    Ignorance is bliss for such folks...even if they say that they don't like the TV, or the latest OTA is unusable, they're the ones who demand an update every 2 months 🙃

3. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , May 9, 2021 :
    For your kind information, OnePlus hasn't launched any premium TV after the Q1. So they literally have no reason to degrade the OS of previous TVs.
    Do your research, use your own brain, then comment on something.

4. AlloTomato
    Honeycomb May 9, 2021

AlloTomato , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    So, you are saying OnePlus is not going to launch any TV's further in premium segment?,

Better think twice before commenting on any one, I posted my opinion on a forum, it doesn't mean that you can comment on me as your wish

5. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , May 9, 2021 :
    Given the market launches this year, it's highly unlikely.
    And unlike phones, TVs don't have a deep Software, whatever is in your TV, it's in front of you.

6. AlloTomato
    Honeycomb May 9, 2021

AlloTomato , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    I hope you remember your own post 😂😂😂

7. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , May 9, 2021 :
    Sure we'll see which segment the TV launch this year will be 👀
    And I'll come back here to tag you if you're wrong or I'm wrong 😉

8. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 10, 2021

suveerupadhyay , May 10, 2021 :
    Dear All,
    I am facing issue with connecting TV using Wireless on 5 GHz.
    I am facing issue only with 5 GHz and when I switch off TV during night then TV doesn't connect to wireless in the morning when I switch on. I tried even doing forgetting network and connecting again but still it does not connect. But if I connect to 2.4 GHz and then try connecting to 5 GHz, it connects.
    I tried this on multiple occasions and around 6-7 times from 10 times, it happens like this.
    This issue started after OTA7 update as previously 5 GHz was working fine.
    I saw this issue is raised by some other user as well.

Amanrae likes this.
  9. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 10, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 10, 2021 :
    Oh...weird, I haven't faced this issue.
    A factory reset may help and also try restarting your router

Last edited: May 10, 2021

10. Amanrae
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

Amanrae , via OnePlus 6 , May 10, 2021 :
    Yes I am facing the same issue on my 55U1 after the update. Have to manually connect like 10 times and reset the wifi adaptor of tv multiple times to get it working.

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 10, 2021

Can you restart the router also, and check once please?

12. Amanrae
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

13. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 10, 2021

14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 10, 2021

Venky61 , May 10, 2021 :
    Which router model and broadband you guys using?

Amanrae and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  15. Amanrae
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  16. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 10, 2021

I am using Airtel Broadband with Nokia router (dual band tower model with dual antenna).
    I am not facing such issue with 2.4 GHz till now post OP TV software update. People having issue with 5 GHz connectivity can use 2.4 GHz and see if it works.

17. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 10, 2021

I tried restarting the router but didn't helped. I am managing with 2.4 GHz connection which is working fine.

18. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 10, 2021

Hey guys, I haven't seen any other user complaining about this in the forums.
    So you guys should place a service request on the OnePlus Care App by the following steps-
    1. Download OnePlus Care app by clicking here
    2. Find Serial number on the box of the TV or in TV Settings and register your TV on the app
    3. Raise a Service/Repair request
    4. A service number will be given and a technician will be assigned
    The rest will be taken care of by the OnePlus Service centre!

19. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 10, 2021

Venky61 , May 10, 2021 :
    As both are on Airtel Fiber, there can be some setting in the router/network that's causing it. I have 55u1 with ACT fiber and not facjng it. It would be better to contact CS of both OnePlus and Airtel so as to get the right solution from one of them. I have confidence on the later 😋

20. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread May 10, 2021

I am also thinking to raise complaint but not sure how to convince the Airtel support as I am not facing this issue with any of other devices (Laptops, mobiles, Tablet, etc) connected on 5 GHz and moreover it started only after update of OP TV to OTA7. Also reproducing the issue is a challenge in order to show to the engineer. I can try with doing factory reset of TV and see if issue still persists.