System update for OnePlus TV Q1 and Q1 Pro [V1.10.0T2001090305]

1. arun047
    Froyo Mar 31, 2020

arun047 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    @Venky61
    One more observation. In normal Video player, when a subtitle comes, the backlight is going a bit up (I guess around 5%), then when subtitle goes away, backlight comes back to normal. I didn't check in any other streaming apps.

Is anyone seeing that difference?

I could see that in the dark background.

2. RohitTheDevil
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

RohitTheDevil , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Yes I do experience in other apps with subtitle too like Netflix, Prime. I think it needs a fix as it seems to be a system issue not any specific app or native player issue.

Thanks!

Venky61 likes this.
  3. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 1, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 1, 2020 :
    After you turn on the TV, before you show the Stats for nerds, what operations did you do? We need to simulate your operation to reproduce the results.Thanks.

Venky61 likes this.
  4. Catherine W.

Thanks for your feedback.It's because of hardware limitation. Currently there are only 16 lamps. The appearance and disappearance of subtitles will affect all backlights.You can turn off localdimming to see this type of film source.We will strengthen the transformation of the hardware later.

Venky61 likes this.
  5. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 1, 2020

Venky61 , Apr 1, 2020 :
    Yes... It's in all apps. As Catherine explained, it seems like a limitation that we have to live with. :(

6. timmureddy
    Froyo Apr 1, 2020

timmureddy , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 1, 2020 :
    I go straight to youtube and play the 4k video and it keeps dropping frames for some high quality videos. For reference regarding which video, I've already shared the link in one of my earlier comments.

Catherine W. likes this.
  7. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Apr 1, 2020

Angela C. , Apr 1, 2020 :
    ==================================================================================
    Thank you very much for your feedback!
    We take this issue very seriously and want to know the operations about this problem. We try to reproduce it in our lab,but didn't reproduce it by playing the same video under no operations.

From the picture, we can see that the frames were dropped, but we can't observe the phenomenon of stuttering. The stuttering problem may have many causes. We want to better locate the problem and let you have a better viewing experience.
    So, could you help to provide a video about this problem please? In this way, we can see and better understand your problem.
    Looking forward to your reply.

8. suveerupadhyay
    Froyo Apr 1, 2020

suveerupadhyay , Apr 1, 2020 :
    @venky - As per our latest communication, I have kept local dimming as High whereas Catherine suggested to keep local dimming off to avoid brightness fluctuations with sub-titles specially with dark scenes which I am also facing.
    Too much off confusion and customizations for view experiences with different types of contents 😜

Venky61 likes this.
  9. Catherine W.

It is not only the hardware limitation and it also involves complex algorithms,I report your complains to the team again and they start to attract attention on it, hope they can absolutly solve this issue.

10. arun047
    Froyo Apr 1, 2020

arun047 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 1, 2020 :
    Is this solution going to be on a software?
    Is this solution going to work even though we have hardware limitation?
    Is this solution is for current devices or future devices as an upgrade in hardware?

11. timmureddy
    Froyo Apr 1, 2020

timmureddy , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 1, 2020 :
    How do I send a video, I'm able to upload only pic on this forum.

12. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 1, 2020 :
    Ha ha... My bad... You have to keep Local Dimming Off to get lesser backlit fluctuations... but keep in mind that it won't make it zero and it also depends on the backlight value set...Very low backlight can make the fluctuation more prominent. The downside of having local dimming OFF is that you will not be able to enjoy the contrast ratio of the dark scenes... So it's a compromise either way :-/
    As the TV is edge lit the distribution of light is not as smooth as we expect. May be they can find a way to decrease the Subs brightness and optimize it better.
    But not too many customizations as you are thinking actually. I stick to the settings I shared... If you are a regular Subs users, keep it local dimming OFF and Medium and chose what gives you the overall best experience.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020

Catherine W. likes this.
  13. Venky61

Venky61 , Apr 1, 2020 :
    Upload your video to Google Drive/Photos and share the link here or send a personal message to @Catherine W.

14. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Apr 2, 2020

Angela C. , Apr 2, 2020 :
    ===================================================================
    Yes, Thank you @Venky61 .

@timmureddy
    You can upload your video to Google Drive and share the link to us.
    And Could you help to provide the version of the youtube app please?
    You can see the youtube version by this steps: Settings ==> Apps ==> YouTube ==> Version X.XX.XX

Venky61 likes this.
  15. E1585812300138
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2020

E1585812300138 , Apr 2, 2020 :
    Thanks for your attention . Yes ,we are trying some workaround software solution on it. We want to make the back-light change more slowly in subtitle case. We are still work on it in spite of meeting some difficulties now.
    We will feedback to you soon when we get the result

Venky61 and Catherine W. like this.
  16. G_Sam_Tony_JqcJ
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

17. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 7, 2020

Venky61 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Dolby Atmos on Netflix right now is only supported with external speakers that support Dolby Audio. No dolby output for Inbuilt speaker due to the restrictions of the App.

18. Nandesh Mohan
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Apr 7, 2020 :
    Hi
    How I can test Dolby atoms from inbuilt speaker?

19. G_Sam_Tony_JqcJ
    Eclair Apr 7, 2020

G_Sam_Tony_JqcJ , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 7, 2020 :

Venky61

Hi,
    Dolby Atmos on Netflix right now is only supported with external speakers that support Dolby Audio. No dolby output for Inbuilt speaker due to the restrictions of the App.​

Hey,

I use Q1 pro

when I tried to play Dolby Atmos videos on the internal player..it shows audio format not supported can you tell me why?

Do the tv need an external speaker to play Dolby Atmos on apps like prime and Netflix or the internal player?

is it not possible to play Dolby Atmos with the inbuilt speakers and given soundbar?

20. SiddarthaRao
    Froyo Apr 8, 2020

SiddarthaRao , Apr 8, 2020 :
    as we all know hotstar and Disney+ combined become a new app. here my problem is every morning I will get only hotstar app instead of hotstar and Disney+. this is 5th time I am upgrading the app but there is remembrance in our tv. everyday it moved to older version and everyday I tried to update app in play store this is the daily routine. as starting onwards I hate this update again it proved once again. thank you OnePlus providing this shitty update. really irritated with this kind of behaviour on this tv. it is unable to remember 8hrs of data

RohitTheDevil likes this.