System update for OnePlus TV Q1 and Q1 Pro [V1.10.0T2001090305]

1. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 17, 2020

Venky61 , May 17, 2020 :
    The stores got opened already in Chennai? :eek:
    Great to know that though...

Before I can comment on your experience, did you get to take a photo of the Software/System version? Android Security patch and OTA version month are not identical.
    Also what were file extensions you played from your pendrive?

Last edited: May 17, 2020

kichavas likes this.
  2. kichavas
    Eclair May 17, 2020

kichavas , via OnePlus 7T , May 17, 2020 :
    Yes.. the stores are open.. Here are the pics I took.. I played ".mp4, .ts, .m2ts, .webm" files.. none of them played smoothly..
    1589722042050.jpg

1589722042200.jpg

1589722042285.jpg

3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 17, 2020

Venky61 , May 17, 2020 :
    That version is indeed the latest one which was pushed in Feb 2020.
    It's a known fact that the default video player struggles to play few HDR and Dolby Vision files especially when it's .m2ts and mkv. The team is working to improve the playback for .mkv and .mp4 files.
    Regarding the brightness, I am not sure. I have watched many series on Netflix that are Dolby Vision Titles and did not face any such issues. I did not feel the necessity to tune any of the default settings. Possibly the default tuning set by each manufacturer is different and considering the other TVS beside, this might have been appeared dull.
    Regarding the logo, 1+ TV also displays for DV titles but none for HDR10+. This may be included in future if the team decides to, I guess.

Other than that could you try to watch video from OTT apps by casting? If so, how was the experience?

kichavas likes this.
  4. kichavas
    Eclair May 17, 2020

Venky61

That version is indeed the latest one which was pushed in Feb 2020.
    It's a known fact that the default video player struggles to play few HDR and Dolby Vision files especially when it's .m2ts and mkv. The team is working to improve the playback for .mkv and .mp4 files.
    Regarding the brightness, I am not sure. I have watched many series on Netflix that are Dolby Vision Titles and did not face any such issues. I did not feel the necessity to tune any of the default settings. Possibly the default tuning set by each manufacturer is different and considering the other TVS beside, this might have been appeared dull.
    Regarding the logo, 1+ TV also displays for DV titles but none for HDR10+. This may be included in future if the team decides to, I guess.

Other than that could you try to watch video from OTT apps by casting? If so, how was the experience?​

Unfortunately OTT apps like Netflix and prime are not configured with login on the tv.. also no internet in tv.. I had to share my hotspot even to check YouTube.. but with that I was able to play only 1080p.. I forgot to cast it from mobile. will chk it in next visit.. but need a common wifi for that.. let's see.. will update here ..

What's surprising was, I even downloaded vlc which even stuttered with my files.. but no such issues on other tv I checked..

5. sbhmnaik
    Froyo May 17, 2020

sbhmnaik , via OnePlus 5T , May 17, 2020 :
    @kichavas
    Yes the default player struggle a bit while playing files...Did you try 4k files?....I guess vlc and MX struggles a bit with 4k..
    I didn't face similar issue with Kodi player...but very large size files there may be issues.
    I guess the Dobly vision and Dolby audio file issues were resolution for certain formats...maybe if possible you can share the downloaded link...
    I never found the brightness to be a problem ...color reproduction is a bit different and it does vary from computer to company... moreover if you like Samsung display then you can like this tv as it has that bright greenish picture...whereas if you like LG displayed which is also used in Sony that has kind of blueish tinge... to the picture. Which tv did you compare it with...SAMSUNG FRAME?

Venky61 likes this.
  6. kichavas
    Eclair May 17, 2020

Yes.. I tried 4K HDR and DV files.. I compared it with another Chinese brand .. it's strange that TV looked better. .. Just not to look like I am promoting the other TV I have edited the name . If you still need let me know I will DM you..

Last edited: May 17, 2020

7. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb May 18, 2020

sharadksingh , via OnePlus 5T , May 18, 2020 :
    After hotfix update,Still video stuttering issue not resolved in Prime 4k Video . I think it's processor issue.if it was software issue then 7 months are more than enough to resolve the issue.

kichavas likes this.

8. Venky61 likes this.
  9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 18, 2020

Venky61 , May 18, 2020 :
    If you are looking for local file playback support with the default video player for Dolby Vision and Dolby Audio files, then I would say there's a long way to go for the development frankly. But if you are looking for 4K HDR file playback, then Kodi and bunch of other media players manage the media well (MX player and VLC struggle). The difference in the playback could be due to the codec support. This being the first device, it would take time to make it right and check all the boxes.
    If you are looking for playback on OTT apps, the equation changes as the Stores don't show the performance from them. That's where the maximum of our watch time will be invested in according to me. And playback of 4K on OTT needs very high speed internet for smooth playback too with unlimited data, so do keep that in mind.

kichavas likes this.
  10. kichavas
    Eclair May 18, 2020

kichavas , via OnePlus 7T , May 18, 2020 :
    thanks for the suggestion.. will keep that in mind..

Venky61 likes this.
  11. D1570586273320
    Cupcake May 18, 2020

D1570586273320 , May 18, 2020 :
    I am facing these issues as well since last update in Feb and didn't get this hotfix yet.

12. Venky61

Venky61 , May 18, 2020 :
    Please respond to the direct message sent to you.

13. Mukesh Pooja
    Donut May 18, 2020

14. Venky61

Venky61 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hi... You should be getting it by the end of the day, don't worry :)

Catherine W. likes this.
  15. Mukesh Pooja
    Donut May 18, 2020

16. Mukesh Pooja
    Donut May 18, 2020

kichavas, Catherine W. and Venky61 like this.
  17. kar4869
    Donut May 18, 2020

kar4869 , May 18, 2020 :
    Same here..Just received the update..thanks Catherine.W, ...thanks 1+ team

18. kar4869
    Donut May 18, 2020

kar4869 , May 18, 2020 :
    I have one more issue..i don't know if i'm the only one facing this..or..if there is already another thread regarding this..i'm unable to customize channels on home screen..the option says you can add and remove channels..but i'm unable to do neither of them. The apps which show up on customize channels pane don't show up even though are switched on. Anyone else facing this issue ?!

19. Venky61

Venky61 , May 18, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Did you try by pressing the left button till it shows a (-) symbol for the channel and then selecting it? That will remove the channel.
    Which channels are you facing not being shown on Homescreen after turning ON?

20. kar4869
    Donut May 18, 2020

kar4869 , May 18, 2020 :
    Sorry..i'm able to remove existing channels..as you said..but new apps i download are not showing up on customize panel to add them to the home screen. I think all apps doesn't can't be added to home screen. For example, I was able to add spotify to the home screen before but now it says channel is empty. There are other apps which i want to add to home screen but those apps are not showing up as source to add at all.