System update for the OnePlus TV [OTA5]

1. Sophie Z.
    TV Software Product Manager Staff Member Jul 3, 2020

Sophie Z. , Jul 3, 2020 :
    TVOTA.png

Hey everyone,

While we stay tuned for the latest piece of information on the next generation of the OnePlus TV, we’re glad to announce our latest system update on the OnePlus TV [OTA 5]. This update will be applicable to the Q series and the new OnePlus TV 55U1.

Update version: BOVC101RIN04S01090V1.12.1T2006210016

Change log:
    1. OnePlus Connect support for iOS devices.
    2. Data Saver Plus: An enhanced version of the Data Saver feature, this will help keep a check on data usage through bandwidth control. This will also enable data usage alerts and will monitor monthly usage.
    3. Kids Mode: With this we introduced parental control on apps, limited watch times, and an eye protection function to provide a more kids-friendly experience on the OnePlus TV.
    4. OxygenPlay: You can now long press any poster in the OxygenPlay homepage to see a pop-up window with information; enhanced UI

A big thanks to our 1st batch of Product Ninjas, the key drivers behind Kids Mode/ Data Saver Plus and the optimization of OxygenPlay

Special thanks to:
    Venky
    Aarav Sahni
    Siddhesh Naidu
    Surya Tej
    Micheal Liao
    Utsav
    Raj Shah
    Mohan
    Suhaas
    Mayuri Tupkar

Note: OTA will be incremental, which will reach a small percentage of users today, and followed with a broader rollout in a few days.

Hope you like the updates on the change-log, and as always, more contributions are welcome!

Never Settle.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 4, 2020

Stickied Post
    Venky61 , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Hey Guys,

So the OTA5 for the OnePlus TV Q series has brought so many new features and changes to the interface that was not mentioned in the changelog. I listed them out here for you to easily check them :)

• Data Saver Plus feature added in Settings < Network & Internet. Helpful to monitor data, control bandwidth and have alerts for data usage.
    • Modified Audio Output Settings Page - Now you have more options to select as per the sound output you are using.
    • 2 New Added picture modes
      - AI PQ mode automatically adjusts the picture setting, so except for Backlight control, everything else is Auto controlled.
      - Eyes Protection Mode - Has a low Backlight value set with some tuning done by the team w.r.t gamma, sharpness and color for a lesser strain on the eyes.
    • Modified Log/Feedback Section - The log upload is now renamed as "Bug Report" and you can find this at Settings<More Settings<Bug Report. It has options to select the reason for uploading log and gives the device info.
    • Improved Oxygen Play Experience
      - More content partners added and now you can long-press any image for reading some info about the title before watching it.
      - Modified Watch History interface.
      - Removed App drawer for a more media-centric experience.
      - Upcoming tab added for setting reminders for to be released content.
    • Kids Mode - A separate profile can be created for kids with a selection of Apps to be displayed, timer and security pin.
    • Prime Video App now stays in memory when you click home.
    • TV Shared Album - If you have OnePlus 7/7pro, you can sync your photos and videos to cloud and view them directly on TV.
    • IOS Connect App Support.
    • Improved Video Player
      - While playing any video in the Default Video Player, clicking down button will show the other videos in the folder as a playlist.
      - The videos resume from previous time stamp and if you want to play from the beginning, click OK.
      - The Subtitles selection now shows language of the subs available.
      - Improved performance in the playback of mkv and mp4 HDR files.
    • Format Storage option is back. Now you can expand the storage with external USB/HDD.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020

3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jul 3, 2020

Venky61 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    This is great news. Thanks team for the efforts and pushing immediately after the launch event... Appreciated :)

4. SiddarthaRao
    Froyo Jul 3, 2020

SiddarthaRao , Jul 3, 2020 :
    got the update. AI PQ in picture setting is not customisable we can adjust only backlight. I think oneplus done it intentionally. I am using this mode picture looking nice. will update any findings. thank you OnePlus atleast providing a good picture setting form your side.

willsU, Bouncer71 and Venky61 like this.
  5. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 3, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Waoh. Thanks for the update 😊

G_plusone and Batman360 like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 3, 2020

7. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Lol. I was genuinely surprised... You have very high expectations of my reach :D

"What I know is a drop and what I don't know is an Ocean :p"

Venky61 likes this.
  9. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 3, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Congratulations for the co-created update🔥🔥

Nilak Basak and Venky61 like this.
  10. Shub#9
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Shub#9 , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Also add the feature of opening settings page on any app it is difficult to manage,first we have to left the app n then open setting,so add this also that settings can be open on any app...

Praneeth_Shetty likes this.
  11. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  12. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Great to hear that... It's the team's effort... :)

You can open settings on any page/app. Just long-press the Settings/Menu button on the original Remote.

In the existing picture modes or the new ones?

R1581619979318 likes this.
  13. sharadksingh
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2020

sharadksingh , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Standard mode picture quality is also improved.

14. Shub#9
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Ok it is in this update aur it was from the beginning,i will try it...thank you

15. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    It was there from the beginning.

16. Shub#9
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Ok then my bad, mujhe pata nai tha,sry and thanks for the help...bro

17. Venky61

Venky61 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    No worries :)

18. sanjay0sathyan
    Froyo Jul 3, 2020

sanjay0sathyan , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Its called AI PQ so it goes with the name ... Ai pq decided by Ai

19. Praneeth_Shetty , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 3, 2020 :
    One plus wireless z has to be connected on setting then again switch to app which i was watching.It would be better if there would be a shortcut for setting which will display over any app

20. Nandesh Mohan
    Froyo Jul 3, 2020

Nandesh Mohan , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Hi, I got the update... Improved picture quality...kudos oneplus! I not sure, I didn't saw data saver mode in the setting. Can anyone help me with that?

Venky61 likes this.
  21. rajdesai29
    Donut Jul 3, 2020

Venky61 likes this.