T-Mobile 6T Android 10 update.

1. movielover76
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2019

movielover76 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    do you think there's any hope of T-Mobile quickly updating the 6t after OnePlus releases there 10 update? so far TMobile has been pretty bad when it comes to updates wondering if anyone has heard anything. I'm thinking I might upgrade to the 7t and sell this no update getting TMobile 6t.

2. movielover76
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2019

movielover76 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    only advantage to the TMobile 6t is integrated Google discover in the launcher ( which i use all the time) but I know that can be fixed with a third party launcher on the regular version.

3. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Sep 17, 2019

Kytharsis , Sep 17, 2019 :
    Doubtful.

drl431 and ironass like this.
  4. narceoneplus2
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2019

narceoneplus2 , Sep 17, 2019 :
    No matter what phone you purchase through T-Mobile, the updates will be the same: SLOW! It's NOT OnePlus' fault. Samsung, HTC, Motorola, all of those carrier devices have the same problem. I've been with T-Mobile for years and it's always been the same. Hate to tell you the truth, but buying the OnePlus 7 Pro from them will be the same results as well. Just get it through OnePlus directly.

ironass likes this.
  5. ironass
    KitKat Sep 17, 2019

ironass , Sep 17, 2019 :
    I wrote this, now, prophetic post a week after the OnePlus 6T launch, back in November 2018...

"Updates are likely to be a lot slower to the T-Mobile (USA) variant as they will need to be adapted for and certified by the carrier first and we all know how well that works with other phone manufacturers.

So, whilst T-Mobile (USA) variant owners will receive a slightly subsidised phone it will not provide the stock OnePlus experience that the global model offers.

I predict that once some T-Mobile (USA) variant users realise this, there will be a wailing and the gnashing of teeth that we have witnessed over the years with other U.S. carrier models.

Bottom line... "If you want the full, unfettered, OnePlus phone experience... pay the full price and get yourself the Global model."
    Source

It now looks like OnePlus are going the way of Samsung et al, and following T-Mobile (USA) and Sprint, they are about to do a similar carrier model deal with Verizon (USA)...

Verizon may sell OnePlus phones next year, possibly the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019

GeekChampeon and narceoneplus2 like this.
  6. KTaylor62
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2019

7. Weirdpepperguy
    Froyo Sep 21, 2019

Weirdpepperguy , Sep 21, 2019 :
    Now that Android 10 is released for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7, I wonder how many weeks that it will take T-Mobile to release it? Any guesses?

8. GeekChampeon
    Donut Sep 25, 2019

GeekChampeon , Sep 25, 2019 :
    I'm highly optimistic due to the merger painpoints, but I believe it's possible. I research and study a lot on T-Mobile and the downfall of the Sprint/T-Mobile merger are reasons to not give up hope. 7 years ago T-Mobile would have almost went out of business. since John Legere arrived, The customer ran industry took dangerous risks with jump on demand and cheaper plans etc. I've been with T-Mobile for 5 years and I've seen the numbers put up against "dumb and dumber" a.k.a. att and Verizon. Thriving off customer service TMUS has built it's platform around giveaways and listening to customer problems and solving them with immense superhero skills. I'm pretty confident that it's imminent T-Mobile will deliver this update in a timely matter. if you have a flagship device that is payed off and unlocked you might get the update sooner rather than later. Although it's a secret how updates are delivered and security packages due to bugs. just keep checking for updates because it's a 80 to 90 percent chance it will be ota in about a week.

Reid2 likes this.
  9. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Sep 29, 2019 :
    We will see. As I have commented before hopefully they don't hold it in hopes people will JUMP to the 7T