T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

1. Phanitp
    Froyo Jul 5, 2019

Phanitp , Jul 5, 2019 :
    alright, good luck!

2. Danny0351
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

Danny0351 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    I'm still stuck. It just saying waiting for device.

3. Phanitp
    Froyo Jul 6, 2019

Phanitp , Jul 6, 2019 :
    Did your computer have usb 3.0? as the video stated dont use it with usb 3.0 port. I tried with my laptop that has only usb 3.0 ports and didn't even connect. Usb 2.0 is best.

4. sirius3
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2019

sirius3 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    For me, using a type C cable other than the one provided with your phone worked. I used an older type c from a different phone

5. Danny0351
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2019

Danny0351 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    Well thanks fellows for your help. I wasn't able to get it today I tried different cable different ports but it kept saying waiting for phone to connect. I will try it again another day.

6. lrodr74
    Donut Jul 6, 2019

lrodr74 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    A local update can be made from version 9.0.11 to 9.0.14.?I just converted to the international version but the ota update does not appear.

7. sirius3
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2019

sirius3 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    what I did is I downloaded the free Oxygen Updater app from the store and that took care of the updates to newest OS

8. lrodr74
    Donut Jul 6, 2019

lrodr74 , Jul 6, 2019 :
    thanks

sirius3 likes this.
  9. ironass
    KitKat Jul 9, 2019

ironass , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Still more updates for the OnePlus 6 & 6T on Open Beta

If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and have joined the Open Beta test firmware programme... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 22 & 14 OTA roll out for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

Changelog

System

• Fixed issue with the camera while using quick reply in landscape
    • General bug fixes and improvements
    • Updated Android Security patch to 2019.07 (July 2019)
    File Manager
    • Improved UI
    • Optimized bottom navigation
    • Improved app stability
    OnePlus Switch
    • Supported more types of data migration
    OnePlus Widget
    • Added clock widget on home screen
    Android Security patch is now July 2019

Camera version is now 3.0.42

This is the 14th Open Beta release for the 6T in 191 days = 1 update, on average, every 14 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019

10. ®ich
    Eclair Jul 9, 2019

®ich , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Anyone else seeing slightly less stellar battery life on 9.0.15?

Not sure if it's that or just me or I'm testing the neverending question of, "to quit or not quit apps". [e]1f601[/e]

picopop likes this.
  11. picopop
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

picopop , Jul 10, 2019 :
    Same here, I thought the battery life was just from me being on it alot today..but time will tell
    I Just did the Conversion last night and was really easy once I figured out the Qualcomm driver issue I was having.

12. ®ich
    Eclair Jul 10, 2019

®ich , Jul 10, 2019 :
    Up until 9.0.15 it's amazing! So it could just be me trying to NOT close apps or I'm just using it a lot more lately.

13. ®ich
    Eclair Jul 10, 2019

®ich , Jul 10, 2019 :
    I see that 9.0.14 is still on their site. Can I download it and do a local upgrade back to it?

14. ironass
    KitKat Jul 10, 2019

ironass , Jul 10, 2019 :
    No, I am afraid not. You cannot downgrade that way. You have the converted T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant and if I recall correctly, you cannot use the global roll-back firmware on it. Therefore, you will need to use the T-Mobile (USA) MSMDownloadTool to go back, (this wipes your phone), and then you could do the conversion in post #1 and then download and flash the 9.0.14 firmware in Local upgrade.

15. ®ich
    Eclair Jul 10, 2019

®ich , Jul 10, 2019 :
    Ah. In that case maybe I'll just do a factory wipe with .15 then. Or try closing apps again from task switcher.

16. Marly8505
    Cupcake Jul 15, 2019

Marly8505 , Jul 15, 2019 :
    Hi, I'm From Colombia
    Somebody sold me a T mobile Oneplus 6t, it working very well, till today appeared a message and then there was no señal with Colombian Carriers, message tell I should go to unlock app to unlock, but appears: "unlock failed this mobile device is not elegible for unlock" my question is, with this international rom can I use with other carriers? Sorry for my english

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019

17. ironass
    KitKat Jul 22, 2019

ironass , Jul 22, 2019 :
    Still more updates and features for the OnePlus 6 & 6T on Open Beta

If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and have joined the Open Beta test firmware programme... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 23 & 15 OTA roll out for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

Changelog

System

• General bug fixes and stability improvements
    Screen Recorder
    • Hide floating widget while recording
    • More options added for resolution, fps and bit rate
    OnePlus Laboratory
    • Brand new UI design
    • Added DC dimming feature
    Weather
    • Added popular cities for search suggestions
    OnePlus Laboratory

Settings > Utilities > OnePlus Laboratory

[​IMG]

DC Dimming

[​IMG]

Android Security patch is still, obviously, July 2019

Camera version is now 3.0.43

This is the 15th Open Beta release for the 6T in 204 days = 1 update, on average, every 14 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019

Chumdini likes this.
  18. KingKoga
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

KingKoga , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Do you know if it gives you the ability to use a dual sim? I thought you needed to have a phone with two separate IMEI’s and uploading that software shouldn’t change that amount.

If I swap out the single sim slot for a dual SIM card does that software download allow for the use of dual sim then after? Do you know?

Just Curious,
    Thanks.

19. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

TypewriterChaos , Jul 27, 2019 :
    As far as I know, and I could be wrong as I have not paid off my device (I have monthly trade in credits I'd lose.) you can dual aim if your device is paid off and you get a Sim tray for the phone that holds two Sims. The tray that comes in the phone has one of the two slots blocked off. I tried a dual Sim tray and put in a vzw Sim in the second slot and got a message that I'd need to contact T-Mobile to get a carrier unlock code.

KingKoga likes this.
  20. KingKoga
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

KingKoga , Jul 28, 2019 :
    Thanks

TypewriterChaos likes this.