T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

1. Sandeerrss
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2019

2. ®ich
    Eclair Aug 5, 2019

®ich , Aug 5, 2019 :
    converting to international version?
    I did it more recently than when the thread was started. super easy. I feel like I get more frequent app updates now.

3. ironass
    Lollipop Aug 8, 2019

ironass , Aug 8, 2019 :
    Still more updates for the OnePlus 6 & 6T on Open Beta

If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and have joined the Open Beta test firmware programme... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 24 & 16 OTA roll out for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

[​IMG]

Android Security patch is August 2019

Camera version is still 3.0.43

This is the 16th Open Beta release for the 6T in 221 days = 1 update, on average, every 14 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019

4. ironass
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2019

ironass , Aug 9, 2019 :
    A big, new, update for OnePlus users

If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and running the global model's firmware... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable OxygenOS firmware, 9.0.16, for OnePlus 6T and McLaren and 9.0.6 for OnePlus 6 users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog

System

• Optimized pocket mode
    • Fixed an issue with apps failing to respond
    • Fixed an issue to unlock apps successfully using fingerprint when the screen recorder is turned on
    • Added Quick reply in landscape mode (Settings - Utilities - Quick reply in landscape)
    • Android security patch updated to 2019.08
    • General bug fixes and stability improvements
    Launcher
    • Added password settings for Hidden Space
    Gaming Mode
    • Introduced brand new Fnatic mode for an immersive gaming experience, More surprises on the way
    Zen mode
    • Added additional Zen mode features
    OnePlus Laboratory
    • Added the DC dimming feature
    Communication
    • Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for Bouygues

Android Security patch = August 2019

Camera version is still 3.0.16

This is the 11th official, stable, update for the 6T in 277 days

(N.B. OxygenOS 9.0.16 is not available for the T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019

®ich likes this.
  5. ironass
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2019

ironass , Aug 9, 2019 :
    You can download the latest full OxygenOS updates from @Funk Wizard's official site on xda developers...

OnePlus 6T OxygenOS 9.0.16

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php? p=78026655&postcount=2

OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.8

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76596831&postcount=2

These downloads can be installed by following the Flashing Instructions, here...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76596833&postcount=3

(N.B. If you cannot open the above links in the OnePlus Community app, switch to your Google Chrome browser)

®ich likes this.
  6. ®ich
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

®ich , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Nice! I can put that zip, or the image file contained, on the root and manual upgrade?

7. ironass
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2019

ironass , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Correct!

8. ®ich
    Eclair Aug 9, 2019

®ich , Aug 9, 2019 :
    Sweet. I'll give it a try.

Felt silly cuz I realized after I sent that msg you had already stated click here for install directions.

ironass likes this.
  9. sonnyhaze
    Eclair Sep 2, 2019

sonnyhaze , Sep 2, 2019 :
    I use Action Launcher. it has a its own "Google Discover" Feed. This feed appears if you swipe right from the home screen. The feature is automatically turned on. Just go into settings and click "Google Discover" Feed. I hope that may help anyone missing the Google feed.

10. sonnyhaze
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

sonnyhaze , Sep 3, 2019 :
    Yes this still works. I did it last night on my Oneplus 6T. I plan today to do the same with my Oneplus 7 Pro

11. Ondrej M.
    Donut Sep 3, 2019

Ondrej M. , Sep 3, 2019 :
    Are you sure? Because when I follow the instructions given and the msm tool does it's thing the phone reboots as it should, without the tmobile bootanimation, but when I insert a sim card it still shows a pop up that says I need to have the phone unlocked.

12. sonnyhaze
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

I'm 100% positive it works. Friday I completed my Oneplus 6T conversion. All international features are working even after update.

Now, I finally sat down and did my OnePlus 7 Pro last night. It recognizes both sim cards and I'm able to make calls and use data with both. In fact when it was done it said I needed to update. which was a good sign I did something right. So I'm running the current version OnePlus 7Pro Oxygen OS 9.5.11.GM21AA.

I gotta tell you though I spent a lot of time researching how to do it. Because certain sites conflicted others but I can share with you only what was necessary. I basically pieced together how to do it off XDA and YouTube videos.

13. sonnyhaze
    Eclair Sep 3, 2019

what are you trying to get it to work on 6T or 7 Pro.? just let me know if you need help...

14. ironass
    Lollipop Sep 3, 2019

ironass , Sep 3, 2019 :
    "This build is meant to prepare your devices for the Android 10 Update which will be released later this month."
    Source

If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and running the global model's firmware... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 25 & 17 OTA roll out for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

[​IMG]

Android Security patch is August 2019

Camera version is still 3.0.43

This is the 17th Open Beta release for the 6T in 246 days = 1 update, on average, every 14 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019

15. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2019

Chumdini , Sep 3, 2019 :
    you're my hero ..big *** update. wonder how long before the 6t will be rolled over to Q on the beta channel .

sonnyhaze and ironass like this.
  16. sonnyhaze
    Eclair Sep 4, 2019

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019

17. ionsip
    Eclair Sep 8, 2019

ionsip , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I got a 6T also and trying to convert to the international version, so following the instructions from the beginning of the tread will get me there? Right now I am running Oxygen 9.0.13. Thanks

18. ®ich
    Eclair Sep 8, 2019

®ich , Sep 8, 2019 :
    [e]1f44d[/e]

19. ironass
    Lollipop Sep 24, 2019

ironass , Sep 24, 2019 :

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable OxygenOS firmware, 9.0.17, for OnePlus 6T and McLaren and 9.0.9 for OnePlus 6 users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog

• System
    • Fixed the crash issue with Screen Recorder
    • Re-activated the calling function after the network has been reset.
    • This update will improve the overall system performance to prepare for later versions
    Android Security patch = August 2019

Camera version is still 3.0.16

This is the 12th official, stable, update for the 6T in 322 days
    (The T-Mobile carrier minority variant has only received 8 stable updates in 331 days)

(N.B. OxygenOS 9.0.17 is not available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant)

®ich likes this.
  20. skagmonkey
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2019