T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

1. skagmonkey likes this.
  2. ®ich
    Eclair Oct 2, 2019

3. ®ich
    Eclair Oct 2, 2019

®ich , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 2, 2019 :
    Sorry meant to say, "Finally got the .17 update." Hope they push out Android 10 soon.

4. ®ich
    Eclair Oct 12, 2019

®ich , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 12, 2019 :
    Heard anything about when the Android 10 will release?

Probably silly question, anyone heard if TMO will release 10?

5. Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 12, 2019 :
    tmo will release it. I think I read Sprint and tmo will release first from the carriers.

6. ®ich
    Eclair Oct 12, 2019

7. ®ich
    Eclair Oct 13, 2019

®ich , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 13, 2019 :

ironass

If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and running the global model's firmware... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable OxygenOS firmware, 9.0.17, for OnePlus 6T and McLaren and 9.0.9 for OnePlus 6 users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog

System

Fixed the crash issue with Screen Recorder

Re-activated the calling function after the network has been reset.

This update will improve the overall system performance to prepare for later versions

Android Security patch = August 2019

Camera version is still 3.0.16

This is the 12th official, stable, update for the 6T in 322 days
    (The T-Mobile carrier minority variant has only received 8 stable updates in 331 days)

(N.B. OxygenOS 9.0.17 is not available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant)​

I decided to test going back to TMO stock. Which was good as I used the device unlock app. After I paid off the phone didn't bother to do it. So that's done and converted back to international version. Now I'm back on 9.0.11 but check for updates not showing 9.0.17 ☹️ you think patience or maybe i can grab the file?

nevermind. forgot at this point I could go to their site and grabbed the file [e]1f601[/e]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019

Chumdini likes this.
  8. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2019

ironass , Oct 19, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

WARNING! :eek:

DO NOT INSTALL THIS GLOBAL MODEL OPEN BETA UPDATE ON A CONVERTED T-MOBILE (USA) CARRIER MINORITY VARIANT

It has now been confirmed that this global model Open Beta 1 will NOT work on the converted T-Mobile (USA) model until a work around is found... probably after the eventual release of the stock T-Mobile (USA) Android 10 firmware

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 1 roll out for Android 10 OTA for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

Changelog

• System
      • Upgraded to Android 10
      • Brand new UI design
      • Enhanced location permissions for privacy
      • New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
      • Full Screen Gestures
      • Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
      • Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
      • Game Space
      • New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
      • Smart display
      • Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Smart Display)
      • Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
    Please note: This Build is only for OnePlus 6/6T unlocked Non Carrier variants, and please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB of available storage space.

Android Security Patch = 05 September 2019

Camera version = 3.8.72

This is the 18th Open Beta release for the 6T in 292 days = 1 update, on average, every 16 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019

9. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 19, 2019 :
    it doesn't work for the converted tmo running the beta. bricked my device . had to use msmtool to reboot and go back to beta 17.

ironass likes this.
  10. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2019

ironass , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Sorry to hear that @Chumdini.

I had a feeling that the bl**dy winky, wanky, T-Mobile (USA) mega locked down bootloader might cause problems.

Looks like converted users will need to wait for an Android 10 T-Mobile (USA) bootloader workaround similar to the one for Android Pie in post #1.

That may mean waiting until T-Mobile (USA) issue their version of Android 10, sometime in the future.

I have amended my post to reflect your findings.

Thank you! ;)

Chumdini likes this.
  11. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Oct 19, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 19, 2019 :
    at least it was bricked for science

12. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 19, 2019

ironass , Oct 19, 2019 :
    You will, for evermore, be known as, "The one that took one for the team!" :eek:

Chumdini likes this.
  13. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 1, 2019

ironass , Nov 1, 2019 :
    Just a heads up!

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable Android 10 OxygenOS firmware , 10.0, for the global OnePlus 6T, McLaren and OnePlus 6 users.

WARNING! :eek:
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS GLOBAL MODEL UPDATE ON A CONVERTED T-MOBILE (USA) CARRIER MINORITY VARIANT

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

[​IMG]

Camera version is 3.8.72

This is the 13th official, stable, update for the 6T in 360 days

(N.B. OxygenOS 10.0 is not available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant)

14. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    breaking my heart here.

15. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 2, 2019

ironass , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Hang in there though, until T-Mobile (USA) issue their version of Android 10 and the bootloader, etc; can be used for a conversion to the global firmware. Believe you me, it will be worth the wait to get global Android 10. I was about to switch to the OnePlus 7T Pro but after receiving the global Android 10 on my 6T I am hanging fire as it has changed my phone into a beast! [​IMG]

16. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 2, 2019 :
    u don't think downgrading to an earlier version , unlocking the bootloader and sim unlocking it would let me run this do u ?

17. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 2, 2019

ironass , Nov 2, 2019 :
    You are suggesting using an Android 9 bootloader on Android 10. That is part of the TMO problem now.

[EDIT] Oxygen Updater confirm that it is a no go on the Android 10 update for converted T-Mobile (USA) users...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019

Chumdini likes this.
  18. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 2, 2019

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019