T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

1. Marvelite
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

Marvelite , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Thanks again for reaching out and checking back with me. I just hope that going forward I won't be receiving the HW and build no. mismatch error.

Chumdini likes this.
  2. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 2, 2019 :
    well since I have a converted device I'll jump head first and install it even if it bricks my device then report here.

Marvelite and ironass like this.
  3. Marvelite
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

Marvelite , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Sure Thank you

ironass and Chumdini like this.
  4. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2019

ironass , Dec 4, 2019 :
    If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and have joined the Open Beta test firmware programme... then this should be coming to you soon...

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable Android 10 OxygenOS firmware, 10.0.1, for OnePlus 6T, McLaren and OnePlus 6 users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog:

[​IMG]

Android security patch = October 2019 (TBC)

Camera version = 3.8.75 (TBC)

This is the 14th official, stable, update for the 6T in 393 days. 1 update on average, every 28 days

(N.B. OxygenOS 10.0.1 is not available for the T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

5. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2019

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019

6. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2019

7. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

TypewriterChaos , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 5, 2019 :
    So just to confirm: those of us on 9.0.17 converted from TMo to International can now use Oxygen OS Updater to get 10.0.1 without getting hardware mismatch error?

Also does safety net failure mean this upgrade breaks Google Pay etc?

8. Ogreen32
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

Ogreen32 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Thank you all for your insight. I'm wondering if someone could help me with a couple of questions.

1.) I have successfully converted to the global rom and I've been on it for the past few months. I updated to Android 10 using oxygen updater and I have no issues (outside of the Google pay app which is a known issue).

2.) My phone is paid off and I wanted to go back to the stock TMobile image so that I can have TMobile sim unlock my phone for me. This is where I run into issues. I've followed tutorials to use the msm download tool but when I use the tool it gets stuck at waiting for device. I've downloaded the drivers and I've tried using different mirrors for the tool and it still gets stuck in the same place.

3.) Does anyone know how to get the phone to be recognized by the tool?

4.) If I did a regular factory reset would it by any chance take me back to the stock image ( I don't think so but figured I'd ask) or would it just take me back to version 9 of the international version? I hope this is enough detail for some one to help out. If not let me know what else you need from me and I'll provide extra details. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. I appreciate it.

9. kjjm
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019

kjjm , Dec 11, 2019 :
    All I can say regarding the MSM tool is to keep trying - reboot your PC, try a different cable (though stock cable should work best), etc. It should work, but I haven't tried it on mine yet. I did the conversion/bootloader unlock/sim unlock from the XDA forum a while ago and I'm now on 10.0.1.

If you're on 10 and do a factory reset it will only give you a wiped, fresh version of 10, not take you back to a previous version.

10. Ogreen32
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

Ogreen32 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to leave it as is for now but I'll give it a try again at some point. I know I had to switch a couple of cables to do the initial conversion. But I did learn that after holding the volume up and down and getting the black screen. I was able to hold volume up and power to reboot my phone.

11. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2019

Chumdini , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 11, 2019 :
    you will need the t mobile msmtool.

12. Ogreen32
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

13. Chumdini
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2019

Ogreen32 likes this.
  14. Ogreen32
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

15. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019

TypewriterChaos , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I'm not sure if you watched the video that I did to convert in the first place, but they noted that on some pcs you need to use a USB 2 port for the tool to see your device. This was the case for me. Maybe you're not using the same port you used to convert the first time?

16. Ogreen32
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

Ogreen32 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Thanks. I figured that out when I did the conversion. Definitely had to do some digging to find that out. Thanks for the response. I think I'll just keep it as it is. That tool just isn't liking me.

Chumdini likes this.
  17. Ogreen32
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Ogreen32 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Quick update: I plugged my phone in again tonight planning on a long night of trying, but it worked on the first try. Thanks for all of the feedback. Now to unlock the sim. Thanks again!

Chumdini and ironass like this.
  18. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 17, 2019

ironass , Dec 17, 2019 :
    If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, and have joined the Open Beta test firmware programme... then this should be coming to you soon, either OTA or via Oxygen Updater...

OnePlus have just started the Open Beta 3 roll out for Android 10 OTA for the OnePlus 6 & 6T to test new features and fixes that may or may not, come to future firmware updates. You will only receive this test firmware OTA if you are already on their Open Beta releases.

Changelog

System

• Added the notch display options under Settings>Display>Notch display>Hide the notch area
    • Updated the GMS package
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019.11
    • Improved system stability and general bug fixes
    OnePlus Care (India only)

Android Security patch = November 2019

Camera version = 3.8.75

This is the 20th Open Beta release for the 6T in 338 days = 1 update, on average, every 17 days.

(N.B. Open Beta is NOT available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant firmware)

Chumdini likes this.
  19. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 17, 2019

Chumdini likes this.
  20. ironass
    Lollipop Dec 19, 2019

ironass , Dec 19, 2019 :
    If you have converted your T-Mobile (USA) model to the global version, as per post #1 of this thread, then this should be coming to you soon, either OTA or via Oxygen Updater...

OnePlus has begun the OTA, (Over The Air), rollout of their new stable Android 10 OxygenOS firmware, 10.3.0, for OnePlus 6T, McLaren and OnePlus 6 users.

As always, there will be a limited roll out initially, followed by the global roll out in a few days.

Changelog

System

• Upgraded to Android 10
    • Brand new UI for Android 10
    • Fixed the automatic reboot issue
    • Added the notch area display option in the settings (Settings>Display>Notch display>Hide the notch area)
    • Fixed the issue with lock screen appearing even after unlocking the device with the password
    • Fixed the issue with Navigation bar after upgrade
    • Fixed the Digital wellbeing option missing in settings
    • Updated android security patch to 2019.11
    Fingerprint
    • Fingerprint unlock functionality improvement
    WiFi connectivity
    • Fixed the issue of WiFi connection to 5GHz networks
    Android security patch = November 2019

Camera version = 3.8.89

This is the 15th official, stable, update for the 6T in 406 days. 1 update on average, every 27 days

(N.B. OxygenOS 10.3.0 is not available for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant)

Caomhin likes this.