T-Mobile 9.5.9 update

1. cbrvnm
    Donut Jul 24, 2019

cbrvnm , Jul 24, 2019 :
    I just got the update a few hrs ago and all it did was update to July security. I've seen a couple of OP7 Pro releases for the international version with what appear to be big updates, but none recently for T-Mobile. Is this normal? I thought I read somewhere that TMO usually updates like a week or so after international update release, but I have not seen this.

1563947439876.jpg

2. B1546731694372
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2019

H1542153384332 and cbrvnm like this.
  3. Arjun Choudhry
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2019

Arjun Choudhry , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Just see the update size. 322 mb is way too much for just a security patch update. There would definitely be other changes, they are just not written in the changelog. Also, till the time an Official thread is not created for an update, it is recommended to discuss about the new update in the Official thread of the previous update, instead of creating a new thread, as the thread becomes redundant once the Official thread is made.

4. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2019

Liehjan , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Think the change log is lying, that 322MB is huge to only be a security update

5. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2019

6. V1560222053207
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2019

7. BluGuy
    Donut Jul 24, 2019

BluGuy , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Welcome to the Tmobile version of OnePlus.... All the recent updates for the 6T on Tmobile have just been security patches and fixes for enhanced messaging.

8. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Official threads are not usually made anymore for TMobile version of firmwares. That's why you'll see an abundance of these.

TGardner likes this.
  9. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad , Jul 24, 2019 :
    The one thing I'll say is, I agree with some of the previous statements that 322mb is far too large for a security patch update. What I've seen in the past is TMobile being very minimal in the wording within change logs. Does it mean that it only has that? I don't personally think so but you never know. What I can confirm is that the camera version from previous firmware to this one stayed the same. I'd be interested if anybody would chime in on what camera version the international model has. Seeing that 9.5.9 added a list of camera fixes and improvements.

10. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2019

Bones.Marley , Jul 24, 2019 :
    Guys I can't suggest enough to convert your T-Mo7 Pro over to the international version (as I did) if you want the official updates direct from OP. Now you can convert without having to unlock your sim and bootloader or rooting phone. After the massive update (9.5.7 or 9.5.8 one of them) which was nearly 3gb and T-Mo decided it was only going to send out 298mb of it, that was when I said screw that. I WANTED all the camera tweeks, not jus what the dicks at T-Mo felt we should get. I compared pics between my 7 Pro(T-MO) to my cousins 7 pro(unlocked) and there was def a diff. especially in low light (auto & nightscape) and noise in general when zooming in any pic (day/night). Also DC dimming popped up on my phone once I converted.

11. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2019

xMcMx , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I'm on 9.5.10 and the camera version is 3.4.19

12. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad , Jul 25, 2019 :
    So definitely TMO version on much older. 3.2.101. Not sure why they're not updating this app. Did the same thing on 6T.

H1542153384332 likes this.
  13. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2019

Bones.Marley , Jul 25, 2019 :
    Read what I wrote a couple posts up. It's your best bet.. and it's reversible in case you ever have to claim insurance or anything that would require you to send it back into TMobile

14. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad , Jul 25, 2019 :

Bones.Marley

Read what I wrote a couple posts up. It's your best bet.. and it's reversible in case you ever have to claim insurance or anything that would require you to send it back into TMobile​

Have no desire to switch to international firmware, but thanks for the tip.

15. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad , Jul 26, 2019 :
    I'd also say a big difference between the T-Mobile and International versions in favor of TMO is that it's running July security patch rather than June on international version.

TGardner likes this.
  16. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

Bones.Marley , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Well to each their own. Me personally, I'd rather get the full updates considering to use my back cameras quite a bit. I put it up there incase anyone wondered if it was possible.

17. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

Bones.Marley , Jul 26, 2019 :
    I'm like 90% certain all they did was take the June patch update and change the date. As far as I know, google send the patches to the OEMs and they send them to carriers with w.e else they throw in the update (if anything at all) afterwards. I've only known of google sending patches directly to carriers when they have older phones for sale which are out of their expected 2 year updating cycle, that is IF the carrier asks for them. So when the July patch goes thru to international version I see T-Mo sending another patch with maybe a few things that were in the international update. The 10% that I think I may be wrong on is if OP sent July patch to T-Mo. I don't see why they would (odder things have happened) but I doubt our phone's security is too priority over at T-Mo for them to seek the patch out themselves, sadly

18. G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2019

G_Jesse_Jameson_KOad , Jul 28, 2019 :

Bones.Marley

I'm like 90% certain all they did was take the June patch update and change the date. As far as I know, google send the patches to the OEMs and they send them to carriers with w.e else they throw in the update (if anything at all) afterwards. I've only known of google sending patches directly to carriers when they have older phones for sale which are out of their expected 2 year updating cycle, that is IF the carrier asks for them. So when the July patch goes thru to international version I see T-Mo sending another patch with maybe a few things that were in the international update. The 10% that I think I may be wrong on is if OP sent July patch to T-Mo. I don't see why they would (odder things have happened) but I doubt our phone's security is too priority over at T-Mo for them to seek the patch out themselves, sadly​

Was able to confirm that TMobile is indeed rolling out July patch to many of their phones not just the 7 Pro. So looks like they're pushing an actual July security patch.

H1542153384332 and TGardner like this.
  19. Bones.Marley
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2019

Bones.Marley , Jul 28, 2019 :
    Well that's a very welcomed surprise on my end.. part of the reason why I've stayed with them so long is cause throughout the years they've improved on lots of things other carriers don't bother with, even the little things like this.. oh and theyve been paying my Netflix account for almost 2 yrs now so there's that lol

20. Weirdpepperguy
    Froyo Jul 31, 2019

H1542153384332 likes this.