T-Mobile Oneplus 6T Update countdown

1. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2018

BlackKnight2332 , Nov 27, 2018 :
    The countdown for the OnePlus 6T on Tmobile begins.
    Change
    Version
    Updated on
    November 25, 2018
    Size
    1.64 GB
    MD5
    7eebe7b74bd15188b3806e509e4a54a5
    Download
    Please back up your data before flashing your device.
    • What's new?
      System
      Improved unlocking experience

Optimized standby power consumption

General bug fixes and improvements

Communication
      Fixed issues with adding APN on Verizon network

Third-Party Apps
      Fixed issues with no notifications from play store

Camera
      Optimized image processing
    T-mobile is still on OxygenOS 9.0 and not 9.0.5 now I wonder if it will get updated within reasonable time to 9.0.6?

sir1jaguar and UnknownALIA5 like this.
  2. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 27, 2018

meatandy , Nov 27, 2018 :
    What do we need a countdown for ?

Bdp2007 likes this.
  3. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2018

sir1jaguar likes this.
  4. AllMight
    Froyo Nov 27, 2018

G1542945860456 likes this.
  5. SuperA187
    Froyo Nov 27, 2018

MarkMcCoskeyTech likes this.
  6. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2018

7. AllMight
    Froyo Nov 27, 2018

sir1jaguar likes this.
  8. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2018

BlackKnight2332 , Nov 27, 2018 :
    they released one that improved gesture support, fingerprint scanner improvements, and November security patch as well as a few others.

9. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2018

samprocat , Nov 28, 2018 :

BlackKnight2332

they released one that improved gesture support, fingerprint scanner improvements, and November security patch as well as a few others.​

I have unlocked version and I'm on 9.0.6
    And Verizon APN are still not fixed....
    So stop highlight/paste from official unlocked version update page and keep people believe that is what is coming......
    When you see official Tmobile website update page. That is true news.
    Nothing personal
    I hope you getting the intention I'm trying to say here.
    And posting wrong Link's for download are bad business.
    This download link is only for
    Unlocked One+ 6T and not for TMobile branded 6T

G_Mr_.... likes this.
  10. x1tymez
    Eclair Nov 28, 2018

x1tymez , Nov 28, 2018 :
    hezz. I thought there was new update lol. Moving on, if it comes then it come no need for count down.

11. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2018

samprocat , Nov 28, 2018 :
    No problem....it will eventually

12. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2018

BlackKnight2332 , Nov 28, 2018 :

samprocat

BlackKnight2332

they released one that improved gesture support, fingerprint scanner improvements, and November security patch as well as a few others.

I have unlocked version and I'm on 9.0.6
    And Verizon APN are still not fixed....
    So stop highlight/paste from official unlocked version update page and keep people believe that is what is coming......
    When you see official Tmobile website update page. That is true news.
    Nothing personal
    I hope you getting the intention I'm trying to say here.
    And posting wrong Link's for download are bad business.
    This download link is only for
    Unlocked One+ 6T and not for TMobile branded 6T​

T-Mobiles support site hasnt been updated to reflect the first update. I was just referencing unlocked model bc we will get a similar update in time

13. AllMight
    Froyo Nov 28, 2018

14. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2018

BlackKnight2332 , Nov 29, 2018 :
    Yes. I've been with TMobile a very long time and had 40 different cell phones (thanks to Jump on Demand) they are always slow to update their support sites a very few times they have updated before I've seen the software released.

15. AllMight
    Froyo Nov 29, 2018

AllMight , Nov 29, 2018 :
    Not going to argue about who has been with TMobile longer. It doesn't matter how slow they are to update the page. The point is, it's actually available and real when it's there.

Chentio1 likes this.
  16. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 29, 2018

ironass , Nov 29, 2018 :
    Just as I predicted, almost a month ago, here...

"Updates are likely to be slower to the T-Mobile (USA) variant as they will need to be certified by the carrier first and we all know how well that works with other phone manufacturers.

So, whilst T-Mobile (USA) variant owners will receive a slightly subsidised phone it will not provide the stock OnePlus experience that the global model offers.

I predict that once some T-Mobile (USA) variant users realise this, there will be a wailing and the gnashing of teeth that we have witnessed over the years with other U.S. carrier models.
    "

AllMight likes this.
  17. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2018

Ytkuser , Nov 29, 2018 :
    I don't expect this phone to last long with t mobile I own it and am not happy that we are 2 generations behind on builds, and how many more generations are we going to be behind, at the rate one plus puts them out. It ridiculous and I find it very dumb that they have to do a certified stuff. They should just take it and release it at the time one plus does it. or let one plus push the builds.

JCHazard likes this.
  18. YMark
    Donut Nov 29, 2018

YMark , Nov 29, 2018 :
    You don't know much about software testing and support do you? If you were TMO and you had to support hardward and software of your customers phones, you'd want to damn sure test the stuff before releasing to your customers.

I also wish TMO would speed up this process, but it what it is. Otherwise, purchase an unlocked from OnePlus.

19. BlackKnight2332
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2018

BlackKnight2332 , Nov 29, 2018 :
    I know it will be delayed. I don't understand how different the software can really be considering T-Mobile only tweaks the network side of things and installs two apps.

Ytkuser likes this.
  20. Ytkuser
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2018

Ytkuser , Nov 29, 2018 :

YMark

You don't know much about software testing and support do you? If you were TMO and you had to support hardward and software of your customers phones, you'd want to damn sure test the stuff before releasing to your customers.

I also wish TMO would speed up this process, but it what it is. Otherwise, purchase an unlocked from OnePlus.​

in fact I do I'm a beta tester for several companies, and I know it does not take long to do these things , as all the do to them is install a few apps like name Id and other t Mobil apps. it should not take that long as the builds are done. when they get them. it's just ridiculous that they are 2 builds behind, and probably more by the time others are released. there will be allot unhappy tmo customer, that venture the forms and see just how far behind we are. my train of thought is tmo should just let the phone company push the software and if they want to install something push it to the phone after. give the user the choice if they want the software or not.