T-mobile question (Dual Sim)

1. OnePlusFan1919
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2018

OnePlusFan1919 , Oct 29, 2018 :
    Any word if the OnePlus 6T Tmobile is selling will work with other carriers as far as the dual sim functionality? Or do I need to go through OnePlus directly as I've done in the past?

2. Oneplusukfan
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2018

Oneplusukfan , Oct 29, 2018 :
    T-Mobile said they are only selling one sim not dual-sim so I'm wondering how you can get around this and use both Sims they said the phone is capable but not on their end. so I'm wondering if you just get a different Sim Tray slot holder. if not I will have to order right from OnePlus

3. OnePlusFan1919
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

OnePlusFan1919 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Same here

ahmbamba likes this.
  4. znoxwl
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

znoxwl , Oct 30, 2018 :
    But if there isn't a second IMEI baked in, I don't think a different tray even a different firmware would help.

5. ahmbamba
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

ahmbamba , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Can we get a straight answer, if it is possible to get 6T with Dual sim or not ?

6. phillymade
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

phillymade , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Yes you can get a dual SIM if you buy the global variant from OnePlus. If you buy from TMO, you will get a single sim.

7. beiters001
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

beiters001 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    So OnePlus has caved to the demands of a provider like every other device manufacturer. I was really hoping for dual sims, T-Mobile on their site https://www.t-mobile.com/news/oneplus-6t clearly stated that almost 200,000 people brought over OnePlus devices. Clearly OnePlus devices sell, clearly they don't necessarily need to be in a store to survive as they are on device number 8 if I am not forgetting any. Some other questionable items are T-Mobile is accepting any and all OnePlus devices as a trade in equating to 300 dollars in credit, yet no equivalency for older flagship devices from Apple and Samsung??? Do they desire to remove dual sim devices from customers hands?

Here is the device list copied from T-Mobiles site.

The following devices in good condition are eligible for trade-in:
    Apple: iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
    Samsung: GS8 series, Note 8, GS7 series, Note 5, GS6 series
    Google: Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel, Pixel XL
    LG: V30, V30+, G7, V20, G6
    Motorola: Z2 Force; Z2 Play; Nexus 6
    OnePlus: 5, 5T, 6, 3, 3T, X, 2, 1

I called the store and they told me it only has one sim. I intend to visit a store tomorrow and verify it, I will check for dual IMEI numbers in the software as well as using the *#06# telephone code. Why must they sell out to these companies? Every OnePlus has been dual sim up to this point.... Is the only goal to get into a physical store? Thinking I will gladly keep my OnePlus 6, 3 and 2 out of T-Mobiles hands!

8. phillymade
    Eclair Nov 2, 2018

phillymade , Nov 2, 2018 :
    No need to verify, it already has been. It is in fact one sim and one imei number. I have one in my hands now, and it's been verified by hundreds of others already

ironass likes this.
  9. G_Jason_Shayer_TvuO
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2019

G_Jason_Shayer_TvuO , Jan 20, 2019 :
    I used the recent XDA method to convert my TMo 6T to the international version. Which works perfectly. I ordered a dual sim: Ebay Item number 192772871834. Took less than a week to get.
    I am using 2 Tmobile sim cards. I can confirm that in Settings, About Phone, Status: there is only 1 IMEI number for both Sim Slot 1 and 2 and they are the same. See pics.

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

TEKHD and ironass like this.
  10. soulpurge3702
    Froyo Jan 21, 2019

soulpurge3702 , Jan 21, 2019 :
    different firmware does help just need to order a dual SIM tray as the T-Mobile variant does have 2 sim readers they just don't give us the tray with 2 slots. Currently converted my T-Mobile variant to international with a tool of XDA no root needed or bootloader unlock or sim unlock. that way anyone receiving bill credits can convert without issues or paying off unit.

11. V1578362591042
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

V1578362591042 , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Hey, are you still currently using 2 tmobile Sims in your phone you converted to international? You never got blacklisted? I'm reading in some different forums that even though the software shows the same IMEI number they are actually different. Don't know if this is really true or not

12. Rafay_Jamal
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2020

Rafay_Jamal , Jun 7, 2020 :
    I think that depends on who approves the IMEI numbers for use within the country, as I am Infact running two different IMEI numbers