T Mobile USA LTE?

1. GetMe1
    Froyo Apr 18, 2014

GetMe1 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    I know it has LTE, anyone know this will be compatible with TMobile LTE?

2. samito7186
    Froyo Apr 18, 2014

3. OMEiAM
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2014

OMEiAM , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Yep! It has all of T-Mobile's bands for 3G (850/1700/1900/2100 MHz) and the LTE band (4).

4. foefive
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

5. saminpgh
    KitKat Apr 18, 2014

6. darkangelism
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2014

7. jollinshah
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2014

8. gt5679a
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2014

9. surfstar=cfc
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

10. dreamshake
    Froyo Jun 4, 2014

dreamshake , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Seems like the OPO and Nexus 5 are perfect fits for T-Mobile's plan structure. I can see people on the Big 3 who really don't have much reason to wait...300 is actually a lot more than you'd pay for most of the newer high end phones that are on subsidy.

Any other thoughts? What's the situation like in other countries?

networkdood likes this.
  11. memed
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2014

memed , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Well that is simple: I will save money with OPO beacause I can switch contracts to the cheapest (or feature/coverage leading) carrier at any time I get disappionted or new plans hit the market.

If you are for sub'sed phone in germany you are at 25 EU/Mo at least and have 24 month contract you can not terminate early and thats gets renewed I you do not cancel it 4-6 weeks before the 24mo period ends.(german contract model) So if you choose a carrier wrongly you are stuck.

If not you "only pay what you need" (tm) - that is down to 15 EU/Mo like me with zero contract time. That is: I can switch provider with in one week, taking my mobile number with me at usually no cost.(german prepaid model) Here I can also book extra options on a monthly basis, like my dataplan, and my carrier refills my prepaid account automaticaly when it gets lower that 10 Eu - so I have nothing I must care about - as long as I am happy with my carrier.

With a 24mo contract you do get a retail priced 300 Eu phone for something like 240 Eu if you calculate it - but that only points out that that quite a lot of customers do not demand a new phone after 24 month and also your second phone won't be as expensive.
    So after all contract model is keeping you at the carrier, while prepaid pressures the carriers (all of them) to stay competitive - because I can switch any week, up to 4 times a year :)
    I am on prepaid because I like to pay what I cause in cost to my carrier and I do not want to take a bett on the selection of the next phone, or have to remeber to cancel period or hope for the new plan to become available to me.

-M

dreamshake and Beedeezy14 like this.
  12. russ725
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2014

russ725 , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Funny, but I do think about this a little. I do wonder how many people just deal with a subsidized contract phone as a way of life, kind of like a car payment. Seems to me with the success of Google's Nexus devices, the tide may be turning in another direction. I know I'm not going back. I guess time will tell.

dreamshake and Rytyshy like this.
  13. LostPorcupine
    KitKat Jun 4, 2014

LostPorcupine , Jun 4, 2014 :
    I assume you're in the USA. I have a string of questions...
    1. Who are the big 3? I assume Verizon and AT&T, but who's the 3rd?
    2. If it's Sprint, then how are you qualifying "Big"? Sprint is pretty much a tire with a nail in it at this point.

3. Not a question, but a point: You're paying for more than the "Subsidy" price on the other 3 networks. They're tacking a good $20 a month (at least) to your bill to pay for the cost of that subsidy. After 2 years you've effectively paid off your phone (covering the difference between the subsidy price and full price). This is just like buying a phone through T-Mobile, only T-Mobile tells you up front what it's doing. There's one big other difference though; if you keep your phone for more than 2 years (or phone is paid off) on T-Mobile, your price drops SIGNIFICANTLY. Do the same with the other carriers? They'll happily keep charging you as if you're still paying for their subsidy.

happyhippy likes this.
  14. slimgym20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2014

15. milkdude
    KitKat Jun 4, 2014

milkdude , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Tmobile no longer subsidizes phones,so your correct,if your gonna jump,nows the time to take your upload_2014-6-4_15-37-37.jpeg

16. oneplusoneplus
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2014

oneplusoneplus , Jun 4, 2014 :
    I'm on T-Mobile and will still need a backup T-Mobile branded phone for wi-fi calling.
    Let's see...wi-fi calling or lack of is the elephant in the room. My solution, carry an extra phone when traveling and need wi-fi calling.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014

17. markjg
    KitKat Jun 4, 2014

markjg , Jun 4, 2014 :
    ya

18. MGomes78
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2014

MGomes78 , Jun 4, 2014 :
    I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon about 4 months ago and will never look back! Even more so when companies like this release top-tier phones for $350!

Dexter Morgan, Navineous and Rytyshy like this.
  19. kingkong
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2014

20. Rytyshy
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2014

Rytyshy , Jun 4, 2014 :
    Love the $30 a month T-Mobile plan. Only 100 minutes, but unlimited text and data with 5GB LTE per month.

foots and Navineous like this.