take my OP3 + $40 please ..

1. 505681441
    Donut Nov 16, 2016

505681441 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Wtf are you moaning About?? When nvidia launches 980gtx and suddenly Titan comes out then are you selling your house to get one?? Just another phone looking like an old one... iPhone sryphone ring any bells? Just chill and enjoy yar 1+3 like I do.
    In fact I don't care about it cause I'm using mine for about 4 months and never had a problem with it so I'm not thinking about changing it for another year or so.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

jonitfcfan likes this.
  2. j244
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2016

j244 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Rumours where all over the forum but i did not know if I could take them serious, so many rumours are false. The was 3 just being sold in stores in the UK, that made me believe that a new one would be a very unlikely move.

I got what I ordered yes. Had I ordered the 3 some time ago I would not even bring this up but the point is that I ordered it very recently and just received it on the 3th of November. (After waiting for almost 5 weeks)

They could have told me to wait a little more, that my options would change very soon. Something along those lines..But there was no official word from OnePlus.
    Just unofficial rumours.

Simply selling the 3 and then buying the 3t is not as easy as it sounds.
    Who says that the 3T will be without its shipping delays. The 3 sales where halted for 4 weeks in Europe, when it was back on sale delivery time was 5 weeks.

You won't see me opening whiny threads about this, but if asked I will explain why I feel this could have been handled better by OnePlus.

Edit:
    Now that I thought about it some more..I don't even want to exchange my 3 for a 3T I'm perfectly happy with it. My only complaint is with the lack of notification from OnePlus that a new device was just around the corner.

Excuse the long post.

lalit.kultham and gregb like this.
  3. F_張東尼_DtSX
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

4. Deactivated User
    Nov 16, 2016

5. j244

j244 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    There is always something better around the corner. True, but not from the same company. The company who also said they would focus on 1 phone a year. The company that just this month delivered me a 3 without a word of the 3T coming. You can't leave out those details.

lalit.kultham and weedee like this.
  6. Deactivated User
    Nov 16, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016

jonitfcfan likes this.
  7. j244

j244 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Nice that we can just talk about this, we don't have to agree to have a normal conversation. (Read this all "capslock people" out there)

If the upgrate would have been bigger you would feel let down?

I think the size of the upgrade does not matter because they cannot decide for me what I see as important. I just would have liked the choice when I ordered recently.

8. Deactivated User
    Nov 16, 2016

9. j244

j244 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    It does not make much sense upgrading from a 3 to a 3T i agree with you there.

My point is that this is not about upgrading but about having the choice when you first buy the phone. (<--Just a couple of days before the 3T announcement)

I won't lose sleep over it either but i hope that they will be more clear about upgrades in the future. (I already see posts about people saying they'll wait when the 4 comes out to see if a 4T is coming. This does not apply to me because I usually keep a phone a lot longer than a year)

10. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2016

MarkLR , Nov 16, 2016 :
    What makes you think your used and abused OP3 is worth 400 bucks? Seriously, you probably touched it while sitting on the toilet after wiping your butt or after touching your pee-pee, that alone takes a huge chunk out of its value. It's like buying a new car, as soon as you drive it outside of the place where you bought it, you lost like 2000€ out of its price if you were to resell it.

11. McDriver
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

McDriver , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Hi.

I ordered my OP3 on October 28 and i will receive it on November 22. At that time, if someone tell me that for only 39€ plus i would have a litle bit larger battery and an improved front camera I would pay for that.
    I'm not realy mad but I feel a litle bit sad. You can say that I can return it and so on, but that is something that I don't want to go through.
    Someone compared this case with Samsung GS7 and GS7 Edge or Iphone 6 and 6s but in OP3T it's slightly different: the difference between them, in terms of price, it's realy tiny.
    I believe that when I ordered my OP3 (and hundreds of another buyers) OP already new what was coming and the price. They could have avoid this.
    Tell me: with just a 39€ difference, who will choose OP3 instead of OP3T? Almost anyone, I believe ...

Regards.

12. Abhishek Sukumar
    Eclair Nov 16, 2016

Abhishek Sukumar , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Because I got my OnePlus 3 exactly a day before the first leaks, and couldn't return as there was no return policy here in India.
    Happy with my OP3 would have loved to have bought the OP3T.

13. RossThompson96
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

RossThompson96 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    nah even with current pound drop it should be £32 to $40

they're just pulling an Apple

14. Brand79
    Eclair Nov 16, 2016

Brand79 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I am VERY disappointed by this kind of policy... ordered (and PAID) my OP3 at the end of september, and got it FIVE WEEKS later. And now, after few days I have it in my hands, here's the 3t: I would have waited for the 128 gb if I knew it.

Since I waited so long , they could have sent me a mail saying something like "hey, you're waiting for a phone that will be no more in production in a few, but if you agree to spend some € more and wait a little you can have an upgraded model". I would have appreciated.

I'm happy about my OP3, but don't think I'll choose this brand anymore.

15. sarthak61199
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

sarthak61199 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Never ever seen such honest comment. Hats Off

SoniaB likes this.
  16. DavidXanatos
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

DavidXanatos , Nov 16, 2016 :
    investment ?!
    A phone is no investment its a "disposable" device.
    And there is always something better around the corner.

17. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

Radeon962 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    iPhone 6 release date: September 19, 2014

iPhone 6s release date: September 12, 2015

Just shy of 12 months to replace the Apple flagship

18. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 16, 2016

SoniaB , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I already said I meant 6 plus in a post later.
    I did not edit my original post :)

Radeon962 likes this.
  19. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

Radeon962 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    The 6 and the 6 Plus were released at the same time, not within a few months of each other.

lalit.kultham likes this.
  20. am0udi
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

am0udi , Nov 16, 2016 :
    poor description ..

cant call a product that:
    1.you use daily for at least a year ..
    2.spend considrable amount of money to buy ..
    3.put some time into learning how to opreat it ..
    4.resale to get a decent value if you wish to do so ..
    etc etc ..

cant call that "disposable" , its actually called an invesment, a small one but an invesment nonetheless ..

P. S: why would you leave every valid raised point on this thread to pick on a minor issue is beyond me ..