Tapatalk Being Removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Martin , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Today I bring you guys some potentially bad news. We've been running with TapaTalk enabled since a month or so, but as originally stated it was only for a trial period after which we would evaluate if it fit our needs.

Unfortunately it does not. TapaTalk lacks support for our custom OnePlus Account which would be quite a headache for us to deal with. To make TapaTalk work for us we'd have to make significant changes and it's simply not the correct time for that right now.

In addition the code is honestly not very good. There are numerous bugs and the TapaTalk developers are just barely responsive with bug fix releases taking months. To add insult to injury a security error was added into an already existing version instead of releasing a new version - tricking people into thinking they already had the fix applied while they didn't.

While we can appreciate that some people find TapaTalk useful it is a nightmare to run it for us and as such we have made the decision to disable TapaTalk support as of Monday the 7th.

In future we will definitely be exploring the possibility of a custom app that will work well with our set up, but until then our forum is responsive and should work well on mobile phones. If you have any problems using it on a phone please don't hesitate to let us know and we will see about getting a fix coded up for your issue.

2. jak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2014

jak , Jul 4, 2014 :
    OK. It was broken.

What we would need is a list of messages unread since the last visit, that'd be great. Tapatalk has that.

Otherwise, the website works just as well.

Jeffy, lgoptimusyohan, mahvi and 2 others like this.
  3. Akshay
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Akshay , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Aww.. :( I was actually quite liking to use it on my phone rather than use a laptop/mobile browser every time.. :(

But at least you have valid reasons :)

mr_rüxbin and Arrjaan like this.
  4. gnatok
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

iwilsker likes this.
  5. moedinha
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2014

moedinha , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Aslong as it helps to stop the constant login / logout of the forums , i don't mind.

moch1 and epenricefsp like this.
  6. toni88
    KitKat Jul 4, 2014

7. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Community Expert Jul 4, 2014

8. Electronsclipper
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

9. PuresGift
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

10. kenozz
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

kenozz , Jul 4, 2014 :
    I think your right Martin

And I don't say that very often do I ?.........

11. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Jul 4, 2014

12. designpatrol
    Froyo Jul 4, 2014

13. MrAndroid

MrAndroid , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Not a big loss, I'm pretty happy with how the forum works from a mobile anyway.. Tapatalk is amazing for other places, but OnePlus have made a good job having a forum that works very good on a smartphone!

14. lenolan
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

lenolan , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Thanks for telling. Good decision. Your priorities should not be tapatalk at the moment

doubleabeepbeep likes this.
  15. jodo97
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

jodo97 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    I tried it but on my ipad, but noticed it wasn't very good. At least now i dont get the banner asking me if i want to open in tapatalk

16. inffy
    Nordics POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 4, 2014

inffy , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Shame, but I understand the decision.

Tapatalk, is pretty horrendeus app if your forums is even a little bit customized and setup and admininstrating is a pain in the ***.

17. Infinityespi
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2014

18. Martin
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Martin , Jul 4, 2014 :
    You should say I'm right more often, it's usually a safe bet!

mralbert, harv_frank, Vinkel and 6 others like this.
  19. Dima_2005
    Froyo Jul 4, 2014

20. jevonsw

jevonsw , Jul 4, 2014 :
    since I failed to login OP forum via Tapatalk I already stopped using it, no harm to me

doctorwhovian likes this.