Tasker: autoInput

1. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2015

RideBike , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded tasker and was looking how i could activate my system profiles. (I have one for when i'm home,outside, asleep, driving a car and one for when i'm attending classes.
    I would like to activate them with tasker. So i started looking; first in tasker itself, then i looked in secured settings (a tasker input), and now i'm looking with the autoInput to activate these profiles. I can't find that many instructions/ youtube tutorials about AutoInput so i hope someone can help me here.
    So what I want to do is make a task in tasker to activate one of my profiles mentioned above.
    for my task: see picture.

So where it goes wrong is step 3. I use "easy setup" then i "add" system profiles. so far so good. after that i click on the profile i want to activate.
    now i get a second screen with select element field. When i choose "element id: com.android.settings:id/profiles_pref" it just activates the first profile on the list.
    when i choose "element Text: Class" or "Element center point (x,y)" nothing happens.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

2. bombadier
    KitKat Sep 24, 2015

3. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2015

4. bombadier
    KitKat Sep 24, 2015

bombadier , Sep 24, 2015 :
    You looked there and didn't find a tutorial on using autoinput? Strange
    oh well I am sure a tasked expert will ride to the rescue

5. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2015

RideBike , Sep 25, 2015 :
    I did find tutorials, just not that many. And when I watch the tutorials it seems that my method is the right one. ;) so I just don't know what I'm doing wrong

6. bombadier
    KitKat Sep 25, 2015

bombadier , Sep 25, 2015 :
    Then I suggest you take to the autoapps forums where there is a chance you may get some help, also export your profile as description and post it so people can actually see what you are trying to achieve and help identify what is not working since you say your method is correct

RideBike likes this.
  7. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2015

RideBike , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Thanks. I will look there.

I indeed forgot to add my profiles and problems in the post.

8. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Sep 26, 2015

9. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2015

Back? haven't been away that long ;). just the regular holidays and stuff.
    although I posted less the last months. ;)

aaron.hossain75 likes this.
  10. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Sep 26, 2015

aaron.hossain75 , Sep 26, 2015 :
    :) awesome then:p

11. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 26, 2015

and to be clear, i'm not saying my method is correct. I think my method is correct since it works with apps like deezer,...
    This question is just about the system profiles. (but maybe it just isn't possible to activate them with autoInput.)

12. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2015

RideBike , Oct 8, 2015 :
    So if anyone else is asking him/herself the same question and used the search function. I don't think it's possible.
    All the other functions on autoinput worked, so I guess programming the profiles in tasker and secure settings just is the best option.

13. G1574934706209
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2020