Tasker profiles

1. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2014

ultimusrex , Aug 17, 2014 :
    I find it silly that it appears at least one or two people with a little Tasker experience have replied to this thread, yet offered nothing in the way of a solution.

Basically, you'll want to create a profile that is triggered by plugging in the USB/charging. I would use a State trigger, Power > Power > Any... Then have it run a task that initiates either an Alert Action "Popup Task Buttons" or a Scene. I've not yet done either of these methods, and the latter seems a bit complicated yet potentially very powerful. I would try the "Popup Task Buttons" Alert Action first. Read the help docs for whichever method you use (the "?" at the top of the screen within an action). Either way, you're going to have to have the scene or popup run one of two other tasks to turn on or off airplane mode. Unfortunately the only way to directly control airplane mode is with the Secure Settings plugin and rooting your OPO. If you don't root it (I haven't rooted), the only option is to use the Airplane Mode option in the Settings Actions, but I'm pretty sure this will just take you to the airplane mode Android settings page, and you will have to manually toggle it on or off, though this way you won't need the popup or scene tasks.

I hope this was helpful.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and saw that you are rooted. So there you go, you should be able to do it with the Secure Settings plugin.

2. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

ShermCraig , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Not sure who you are targeting with your comment, but I'm here to learn about Tasker and how to utilize it. Therefore, my contribution is nil. If anyone has a problem with that, we can take it outside.... :mad: :p

Deactivated User likes this.
  3. ultimusrex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2014

ultimusrex , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Definitely not you, I'm looking more at clayginn, mattc, and possibly zdrifter, since their posts suggested they had at least some Tasker experience... No idea if they really had any idea how to do what the OP was asking for, I guess, or if they even read that part of his post. I didn't mean to offend.

ShermCraig likes this.
  4. ShermCraig
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

ShermCraig , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for clarifying. It's probably for the best anyway - I'm not really interested in taking it outside. :D

5. oneplusseb
    Eclair Aug 17, 2014

cvoid likes this.
  6. paperpixy
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

paperpixy , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Nop, tasker didn't come preinstalled on my phone, I purchased it. I'm just referring to it's existance in whole

THANK YOU!
    I have secure settings installed, going to give it a try. ATM I programmed Airplain mode to activate the moment a charger is plugged in, without a pop up.

It would be also nice to program something like Galaxy S5 Extreme Power Saving mode for long time travels.

I also can't seem to find where the CM profiles are located in Tasker menu, but most of it, as you mentioned requires some digging in the manual.

ultimusrex likes this.
  7. @CallipH
    Eclair Aug 17, 2014

@CallipH , Aug 17, 2014 :
    Here is a video I did to introduce tasker to people. It has some good examples. My channel has several Tasker videos if interested. Hope it helps.

akiles likes this.
  8. moninen
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

moninen , Aug 20, 2014 :
    Is the pluggin you mentioned Profile 4 Tasker +Widget? How did you get it to work? I've searched the internet for instructions, but all I find is people asking for help, but no solutions.

9. mattc
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2014

mattc , Aug 20, 2014 :
    My plugin is called CyanogenMod Profiles Shortcut.

Then in Tasker you can set a task as the following:
    Screenshot_2014-08-20-19-57-30.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-19-57-53.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-19-58-04.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-19-58-15.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-19-58-26.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-19-58-39.png

moninen likes this.
  10. moninen
    Gingerbread Aug 20, 2014

11. mattc
    Jelly Bean Aug 20, 2014

mattc , Aug 20, 2014 :
    In Tasker, they call it Profiles where you can define events.
    Personally I use the Trigger app and call Tasker tasks when needed (e.g. task not possible in Trigger but possible in Tasker)

12. MayooranG
    Eclair Dec 14, 2014

MayooranG , Dec 14, 2014 :
    Find My Phone

You need 2 Profiles & 2 Tasks:
    PROFILE 01 (FIND MY PHONE ON):
    Event: Received Text [ Type:Any; Sender:; Content:find_my_phone_on]
    Link to Task "FindMyPhone Variable"
    Link to Task "FindMyPhone Action"

PROFILE 02 (FIND MY PHONE OFF):
    Event: Received Text [ Type:Any; Sender:; Content:find_my_phone_off]
    Link to Task "FindMyPhone Variable"
    Link to Task "FindMyPhone Action"

TASK 01 (FindMyPhone Variable)
    A1: Variable Clear [Name: %CMD]
    A2: Variable Set [Name: %CMD to %SMSRB]

TASK 02 (FindMyPhone Action)
    A1: if [%CMD ~ find_my_phone_on]
    A2: Media Volume: [Level 15]
    A3: Media Play: [path to yo music file]
    A4: Wait: [MS 700 Seconds 0 Minutes 0 Hours 0] <-- I use the lenth of my music file.
    A5: Goto: [Type Action Number 1]​
    A6: Else If [%CMD ~ find_my_phone_off]
    A7: Flash: [text Find My Phone is deactiveted]
    A8: Music Stop: [Clear Dir Off]​
    A9: End If

Note:
    You send a sms "find_my_phone_on" (without "") to your phone from any phone to activate the "Find My phone mode" And "find_my_phone_off" to stop it.

13. Valenjoy87
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2014

14. mike3run
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2014

mike3run , Dec 19, 2014 :
    You don't need tasker for those actions.

Vanilla Profiles Settings can do those exact things.

Use tasker for like scheduling of voice commanding for instance :)

15. Jazz365
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2014

Jazz365 , Dec 20, 2014 :
    Hi I am new to Tasker and I found it is really really a helpful app and indeed is only limited by your imagination. I did setup some basic profiles like controlling brightness, rotation and volumes. I am really getting some creative ideas to speed up my tasks. However I'm stuck in setting up a profile correctly so I'm requesting for a help.

Requirement- launching of an app (like YouTube, gallery, mx player ) should change the brightness. But at day the brightness should be higher and at night it should be lower. I'm able to change the brightness when app is launched, but can't figure out how to deal with day night time thing. Please help.
    Thanks.

16. mike3run
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2014

mike3run , Dec 21, 2014 :
    Maybe setting a time profile that triggers the actions?

One for daytime 7-19 and one for nightime 19-07?

Jazz365 likes this.
  17. mike3run
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2014

Jazz365 likes this.
  18. Jazz365
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2014

Jazz365 , Dec 21, 2014 :
    thanks for replying. But the case is I want to trigger the tasks when apps are launched. How should I make it to trigger it based on time?
    Using your idea I tried one thing.
    I created two profiles one sets brightness to lower(B1 profile ) and other set it to higher(B2 profile) .
    Again I created one more profile named "day time" and two tasks in it.
    1. Disable profile status B1
    2. Enable profile status B2
    And for this I added two exit tasks (means the time other than day i.e.night time)
    1. Disable profile status B2
    2. Enable profile status B1

But this isn't working. What is wrong I'm doing here? Anyone?

19. Jazz365
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2014

20. bombadier
    KitKat Dec 21, 2014