Taste of Pie, Android 9 Community Beta for OnePlus 3/3T

1. amritrajsingh13
    Eclair Apr 23, 2019

amritrajsingh13 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    1556016553970.jpg
    i am not getting option to enable volte.. i tried clearing cache and storage for settings and also cleared cache by re-starting in recovery mode.
    any idea. ?

2. Srdjan Kostic
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

Srdjan Kostic , Apr 23, 2019 :
    1556016726589.jpg
    guys, what is wrong with battery ? I'm using pie since got out, and my batery is worse then before...

3. E1556015727530
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

E1556015727530 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    I have experienced some problem with notifications after update to Community Beta Pie. I'm using 3T.

WhatsApp didnt show incoming calls
    App Anydo not showing set tasks for exact time
    App Twilight - I can't enable Night Mode for this app from notification bar. I have to open rhe app and enable it from there. But then i can disable night mode for Twilight from notification bar.

View attachment 1004238

4. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2019

RogerOriginals , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Dial #*#*4636*#*# on your phone dialler, tap on 'phone information', then scroll down and see if 'VoLTE Provisioned is on'

5. Ismael_Rodrigues
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

6. amritrajsingh13
    Eclair Apr 23, 2019

amritrajsingh13 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    no it is disabled...
    please suggest

7. RogerOriginals

That is odd, I use Airtel too and my phone has VoLTE settings available. Try reflashing the downloaded ROM file again, and if it doesn't work then you'll have to do a factory reset (back up all your phone data to some computer first)

cybersuyashjain likes this.
  8. RogerOriginals

Facebook is the biggest battery hogger, it'll drain your battery like anything. Try using the FB lite version, it'll consume less battery.

vishvanjay likes this.
  9. 06hirenparekh
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

10. mukeshcse4005
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

mukeshcse4005 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    while on call in speaker mode.. I am not able to drag down the notification bar to check recent messages or notification.. is anybody else facing this..

vaibhavgupta207 likes this.
  11. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Apr 23, 2019 :
    The explanation is already given. Read through the thread.

ghostofcain likes this.
  12. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

MarkLR , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Guys, this update is too good. If you keep this up I will never ever replace this glorious phone (original OP3, not the T version) with a new model. Seriously you should learn from Samsung and Huawei, updates should ruin the phone, make it slower and unusable, not make it better.

Anyway, some great features that I wanted for a very long time have been added, such as customizable do not disturb with auto rules, these modifications to the behavior of the alert slider, and the ability to pick any color for the accents is a welcome addition. The only long time issue that's still present (and has been there since day one actually) is 720p and 1080p video not having stabilization, only 1080\60 and 4k are stabilized.

That being said, the only downgrade I notice after a couple days of use is the fact the volume slider popup no longer shows all the bar, just the multimedia bar. I don't like this tbh, but it seems to be a quirk of Android 9.

As usual I did an upgrade install without factory reset or anything, everything just works, and battery life seems identical as before. Only bug I noticed so far, some permissions requests are in English even if another language is selected as system language, for example, I had the clock app ask me for permission to "set and clear the alarm..." written in English while the rest of the popup was in my system language (Italian).

13. wospino
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2019

14. harshitmalhotra007
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

harshitmalhotra007 , Apr 23, 2019 :
    i would like to report WiFi issues. the WiFi after android P update on my op3t doesn't ping like it used to and takes time to open up websites or download app. the wifi generally takes time to ping to server which creates a delay in opening things through app only. this however works fine on google play and google search but not on applications like Instagram.
    the only way it gets fixed is first i perform a random search in google and then run the application normally.
    fix needed

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

sammerasker likes this.
  15. Shooper
    Eclair Apr 23, 2019

Shooper , Apr 23, 2019 :
    SwiftKey beta is working fine. I don't use anything else.

16. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , Apr 23, 2019 :
    In the volume slider pop-up, if you tap the cog wheel at the bottom, it brings up all the sliders in Settings.

Is this what you need/miss?

ssagheer likes this.
  17. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

MarkLR , Apr 23, 2019 :
    I read that you have to get into the settings menu to adjust individual sliders in one of the posts in page one. I just said I don't like this change, but there's nothing we can do about it unless OnePlus develops a custom volume popup with all the sliders (I would prefer that instead of having the shortcut to settings). Other than this, the update is just fine.

ssagheer and keithgpowell like this.
  18. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

B_Wrath , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Exactly. All thanks to Google giving more preference to media volume.
    And looking by how oneplus likes to keep the OOS near stock, I don't see them developing a custom volume bar.

Auristic, ssagheer and keithgpowell like this.
  19. Geofrey Kazaula
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

Geofrey Kazaula , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Hi All,
    i have flashed Oxygen Os community beta, its is asking a password/pattern during boot then goes straight to home screen without asking finger print or unlock pattern untill i lock by pressing power button.
    i flashed using TWRP as i was on a custom Rom.
    Any way to fix this?

20. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Keeping OOS near Stock, probably explains why OP won't put am/pm consistently everywhere when digital time is displayed e. g. in Notification Bar and also drop the leading zeros.