Taste of Pie, Android 9 Community Beta for OnePlus 3/3T

1. amralomari
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

amralomari , Apr 23, 2019 :
    I'll sure, but I'm travelling now and need to stay on stable until I return back home, I've asked so Dev. may fix it quickly [e]1f601[/e]

2. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

Topper_Gas , Apr 23, 2019 :
    What's actually draining your battery, have you taken any steps to rectify the issue as just saying "fix this bug" is hardly helpful?

ghostofcain likes this.
  3. Ysfzone
    Froyo Apr 23, 2019

4. G_Samiul_Sakib_vnRF
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

G_Samiul_Sakib_vnRF , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Could not make any online call in massanger , whatsapp, imo with the headphone c9nnect. It says call failed in every where

kpoyser likes this.
  5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

ghostofcain , Apr 23, 2019 :
    What you've finished beta testing this one in less than a week?, bravo.:D

gazz1701 and Auristic like this.
  6. ridzalm
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

ridzalm , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Did you mean the icon circled in red? I have auto rotation turned off but in YouTube, I can force the video to playback in landscape by tapping on that icon.

Try clearing YouTube's cache/storage.

Screenshot_20190423-230350__01.jpg

7. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2019

ghostofcain , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Pinned post 1st page, don't tell me you didn't even read that far?

Neddard likes this.
  8. G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2019

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj , Apr 23, 2019 :
    no no.. when the auto rotate is off and we turn the phone to landscape we get the rotate screen option on the bottom left (when in landscape)..

what you've shown is the full screen option in YouTube..

9. ridzalm
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

ridzalm , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Now I get it. What you meant was this icon. I think you must have Pie navigation gestures enabled for that icon to be visible.

Screenshot_20190423-232132__01.jpg

10. G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj , Apr 23, 2019 :
    yeah and OP3 doesn't have the gestures..
    and hence I figured it out..

we need to enable the on screen buttons in order to have that icon.. and I prefer the hardware buttons, so I'm missing out on that nifty feature...

ridzalm likes this.
  11. astralbee

astralbee , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Design, performance and functionality are fine. For once I'm actually agreeing with those who say the battery drain is bad. I've given it a few days and charge cycles. Stand by isn't bad but SOT is really poor. The fact that most people seem to have done a clean install rules out many of the usual reasons.

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj likes this.
  12. davehuhu
    Eclair Apr 23, 2019

davehuhu , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Have to agree. Apart from one visual glitch (part of screen remained in view after switching to split screen) I have not encountered any real bug. But the battery drain is quite bad.

Did a clean install, installed everything and recalibrated the battery. Still, after a few cycles, cannot make it last one day.. not even close.

After boot on standby it only loses a few percent in several hours, but with normal use I cannot get a proper Screen On Time. E.g. now at 4% after 2:55 SOT. Ok, some Pokemon play (heavy battery use), but nothing serious. on previous versions I would usually make around 4 hours SOT, sometimes more.

13. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

MarkLR , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Guys, unfortunately I spoke to soon about the build being perfect, as I have a huge issue with Bluetooth! I was at home for the Easter Holidays, and used BT extensively with my wireless headphones and other wireless stuff I have and everything seemed just fine, but in my car the BT connection just doesn't work at all! It connects and disconnects every 5 seconds or so. I think it may be some kind of compatibility issue with my shitty car, but anyway, it worked 100% perfect before. A colleague of mine has an OnePlus 6 on Pie, I'm going to ask him to test his phone on my car and see if it works, that would rule out an incompatibility with Pie (if it works, I'll know tomorrow when I see him).

As for troubleshooting, I tried pairing from scratch, changing the BT related settings in dev options, and messing around in the apps I use for streaming (Poweramp mostly) but it's totally broken. I also searched the thread and read the last 30 pages or so plus other random pages but I can't really find much that can be of use for me, or someone having the same issue as me.

Anyway, if I can help by sending logs or anything like on the good old days of the previous betas I'll gladly help as this is quite a big deal for me. Next week I'm back to my usual wage slave routine (2 hours commute in the car where I will miss my music severely), so I might just factory reset and go back to Nougat.

14. Henrik_Andersson
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

Henrik_Andersson , Apr 23, 2019 :
    This Pie is Amazing ! Works like a charm on my OnePlus 3

I did a Antutu test direct after installation and got 139000. Now after some days use I received 164955.

I had the normal "Battery drain issue" the first days. I took the phone to 0 % and then let it charge up to 100% and started the phone with the batterycabel connected, then continued to have the phone connected for 30 min (even if it was fulloaded). Then I drained the battery down to 0% again and loaded it to 100% again, and started the phone with power grid connected and let it be in for 30 more minutes.

After that the battery has calibrated and it is stronger than ever before.

Before (on Oreo) when I used the Here navigation connected in the car with the charger in the USB, the phone did not increase in %. Now (with Pie)it increase power and load the battery, I connected the phone to the car with 89% battery and used Here navigation. After 1 hours drive (aproximately) the phone was charged to 100%.

Pie is in my opinion great, and the Oneplus team has done a GREAT job with this one. Thanks

When a major update is done, the phone needs time to recover.

I have had no other issues either.

So One extremely satisfied Oneplus 3user here.

It came on M then we had N and O and now P. Name one other phone who got 3 major updates !

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

r.hutton likes this.
  15. Blue-agila

Blue-agila , Apr 23, 2019 :
    By reading

Neddard likes this.
  16. Blue-agila

Blue-agila , Apr 23, 2019 :
    By reading

17. Astare
    Froyo Apr 23, 2019

Astare , Apr 23, 2019 :
    I have replied but no one has noticed. I have downloaded and installed the Pie beta update on my 3t, following the instructions, and it worked seamlessly. Not all the features are included yet but those that are work well. I'm very happy with it. Well done Oneplus.

18. cavalleto
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

cavalleto , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Well, I think I've run out of mobile.
    The beta gave me problems of loss of data connection in mobility. I tried to reinstall the stable version of November 2018 and the phone started doing strange things. Like for example, it would not allow me to login to Google Play (no Google service worked). The wifi connection did not work either.
    I have reinstalled the beta from Recovery and the mobile keeps the Oxygen OS logo going around and around and around. From there it does not come out.
    It's time to change mobile but obviously it will not be another OnePlus (this was my third OnePlus).

19. aayushkumar1996
    Froyo Apr 23, 2019

20. G_Tanveer_Singh_tTxr
    Donut Apr 23, 2019

G_Tanveer_Singh_tTxr , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Thanks OP team for the tasty Pie, really appreciated :)

I know this is not stable update and some issues are expected. Please forgive me for posting here, coz I don't see any other dedicated thread to post the bugs. Surprisingly I haven't faced any issue with the battery performance so far.

I found the below issues so far:

1) Sometimes when call cones and phone rungs, it doesn't allow to directly attend the call but ask to unlock the device first.
    2) Sometimes the call pick button/swipe down gesture doesn't work.
    3)Volume seems to be low in calls, despite being set to full.
    4) I strongly feel that my OP3T heats up more than before (the usual) while put on charge, after this upgrade.
    5) Charging to full also seems slower as comparison to previous stable upgrade.
    6) Battery Saver Notification comes multiple times when you put your phone to charge from 10%. My battery saven turns on when battery level reached 15%. So after putting it charge, the battery saver turns off (expected) but the notification of batter saver is on pops up multiple times until phone charges reach 15 and go beyond.

I know that few of these may starts to work fine overt the time, but just want to point, in case other users have faced any of these issue. I also faced the mic not working properly issue but it has been addressed already so I am not putting it to the list. If anyone find any way to fix any of the above possible issues then please comment.

OP team thanks again for this upgrade.