Taste of Pie, Android 9 Community Beta for OnePlus 3/3T

1. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2019

keithgpowell , Apr 23, 2019 :
    keithgpowell

RogerOriginals

Ah the notification settings are a bit different in Pie. When you open up the Download Manager in Settings > Apps > Show all apps > Show system, tap on Notifications, their will be 3 sub options there: "in progress", "done" and "queued". For each of these options, tap on them and under 'Behaviour', set them to either "show silently" or "make sound".
    This will allow notifications for downloads via play store.

You must have x-ray vision to see those extra hidden options or you are a wizard/witch.

Tried various options but still the delayed down loads and no icon in the bar but do get notifications message when app finally installed.

I will put up for now and trawl through the bug reports.

Thank you.

Well, well, well!

Knock me down with a feather!

Google Play store suddenly has started to work properly without delays. Apps are downloaded and installed very quickly as they should do.

Seems to me as I thought it has been a problem with the Google store and not with π itself? Unless it was π taking a lot of time to sort itself out after installation.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Addendum:

Play Store also now working well on my other Android devices. So blame it on Play Store!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

RogerOriginals likes this.
  2. athaarv
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

athaarv , Apr 23, 2019 :
    You seem to have a bad installation. In my case it's precisely the opposite

3. athaarv
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

athaarv , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Honestly the community BETA has done wonders for my device. My phone is a lot snappier and I've gone from having to charge my device 2-3 times a day to only charging it once a day. If you didn't, I feel like a factory reset was essential before you downgraded to Oreo. Do bear in mind you need to give your device a few hours at the least, if not a few days, to settle down

G_Ramendra_Kumar_lEky likes this.
  4. Sajke
    Eclair Apr 23, 2019

Sajke , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Admittedly I did a local upgrade to Pie and wiped only cache in recovery. I did however give it a good couple of days before realising the heavy drain was not subsiding. Funny thing is, when rolling back to 8 I didn't need to wait a settling period before seeing a dramatic improvement in battery life, in particular SOT where it was most noticeable. It was instant.

5. Sajke
    Eclair Apr 23, 2019

Sajke , Apr 23, 2019 :
    Perhaps this may have been the key to experiencing better battery life. I gave it a good chance, 3 days or thereabouts before calling it quits. I didn't find Pie to be any better in regards to performance, on the contrary there was some noticeable lag and of course, the drain. This however could be attributed to not doing a clean install. I will consider doing so once the stable is released.

6. U1546086237119
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

7. s.thallapally
    Froyo Apr 23, 2019

s.thallapally , Apr 23, 2019 :
    everything looks good except some changes with new software update,it will take some time to adapt.
    but I got a big issue with my phone microphone when I use "earphones "I couldn't able to make calls in general and WhatsApp. please help me. thanks in advance.
    1556059835627.jpg
    whenever I used earphones I'm getting problem. I checked my earphones with other mobile , working well. even I tried using another earphones the problem is same , I could make calls. after updating the problem occurred.please help me

Buzz417 likes this.
  8. Ysfzone
    Froyo Apr 24, 2019

Ysfzone , Apr 24, 2019 :
    NEW TIPS FOR BETTER BATTERY LIFE

Go to Settings/Apps/Google play services

and tap the 3 top right dots and Uninstall Updates then Clear data and restart phone..

This method to Reset GOOGLE PALY SERVICE

and update to latest version compatible with PIE

--------------------

i got +1h of SOT after this Step

9. ridzalm
    Donut Apr 24, 2019

ridzalm , Apr 24, 2019 :
    You have to disable pin on the screen lock. Then re-enable it. It will ask whether to enable pin during startup.

Screenshot_20190424-082028.jpg

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 24, 2019

ghostofcain , Apr 24, 2019 :
    It's almost as if you didn't bother reading, even the first page of, the thread?

Auristic and gazz1701 like this.
  11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 24, 2019

B_Wrath , Apr 24, 2019 :
    There is no need for the tone of yours. If you find something wrong, you can always point it out and I can correct it.

12. ankush82
    Donut Apr 24, 2019

ankush82 , Apr 24, 2019 :
    i have enables the setting in Advanced optimisation to disable the wifi when phone is in sleep mode. But it's not happening. my wifi is always on even when the phone is in sleep mode.

13. wslfelix
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2019

wslfelix , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Umm...need a bit of help.
    I had my oneplus 3T's bootloader unlocked, and I followed every instruction in the installation procedure. I moved the zip file to internal storage, I went to recovery, selected the file and pressed yes even when it told me it's a downgrade and will wipe my data.
    But when my phone enter the "updating, please wait" screen, it just suddenly jumps back to the "select a file from internal storage" page without any notice...
    What have I done wrong here? Is there sth wrong with my software?
    Hope I could upgrade soon, please help thanks.
    (P.S. my phone is now on the latest open beta)

14. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 24, 2019

B_Wrath , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Did you read the opening post properly? Bootloader should be locked.

Auristic and ghostofcain like this.
  15. wslfelix
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2019

wslfelix , Apr 24, 2019 :
    oh woops I thought that was just for stable versions...sorry

16. shantanucse18
    Froyo Apr 24, 2019

shantanucse18 , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Flash OP recovery, lock bootloader (please Google for more details). Then try beta build.

wslfelix likes this.
  17. jinz035
    Eclair Apr 24, 2019

jinz035 , Apr 24, 2019 :
    I too observe these issues after the community beta installation, except third party application crashing. I did not see that issue yet. I followed the procedure given by oneplus . Could you please let me know what is meant by a bad installation?

18. Gdsingh94
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2019

Gdsingh94 , Apr 24, 2019 :
    remove the lock screen pin... add again there will be a option do you want to use it on start up.. select no

19. Buzz417
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2019

Buzz417 , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Same issue here..we have to report

s.thallapally likes this.
  20. ridzalm
    Donut Apr 24, 2019

ridzalm , Apr 24, 2019 :
    Screenshot_20190424-104054.jpg
    I don't think this setting is meant for when the device sleeps but rather when the user sleeps, as briefly explained here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-5-1-4-ota-for-the-oneplus-5-5t.878016/

Here is an excerpt from the forum.