Taste of Pie, Android 9 Community Beta for OnePlus 3/3T

1. Shadhir
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

2. B.yashaswi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2019

B.yashaswi , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Thanks for this thing @Manu J. And also i have a doubt as mentioned OTA will be provided those who install community beta build so to install that OTA should we have to factor data reset or it can be done Directly??

Editid not like the Quick tools panel and app drawer ,why the quick tools panel is not edge to edge and also we in one of the open beta of OnePlus 3/3T had a app drawer in which the search button was in round and placed right side of the corner that was perfect now this search apps in app drawer consuming a lot of space why that is required earlier as i said in one of the beta it was the size of the one of the app it was simple want those thing very badly and also the main feature of Android 8.1 was the matching of the app drawer with the wallpaper , this was the main thing that i was waiting for but really sad to see these things not being there @David Y. hope our voices would reach You.

P S: By the way those animations are zing zing amazing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019

3. Bintang12
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

Bintang12 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    No,just no

4. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

chandramoulipolavarapu , Apr 18, 2019 :
    better take a back up of ur data and then start locking ur bootloader and use one of the two above methods for upgrade of pie, as it will wipe all data of ur previous usage , u may be get less chance of bugs, bcos of clean installation

5. Bintang12
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

Bintang12 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    You replied to a wrong person

6. Shemjavan
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

Shemjavan , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Hi, attached herewith is the current status of my phone. tried to install the update using both methods but non of them were successful. No error messages. simply "Installation failed" during the recovery mode process.
    1555558726315.jpg

7. 7778800
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

7778800 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Do i have to take backup of my internal memory too.... Is there any app to backup my applications...

8. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

firstly take internal storage back up , if ur using twrp then use nandroid backup ur all data, but I would like to suggest trying data backup of ur internal storage and use lock the boot loader ...

9. G_Gaurav_Singh_zfTO
    Donut Apr 18, 2019

10. palc

palc , Apr 18, 2019 :
    1. How to enable Default Android gesture navigation? The one that Pixels have. NOT the full screen gestures.
    2. How to report bugs?

11. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

have u unlocked ur bootloader, if yes then u have to lock then try again, apart from that , every system update requires battery charged above 65 or 70 percentage for installation with out any interruption for installation due to less battery , ur Battery status Indicates it is 39%, try charge ur phone above prescribed percentage and try again , if it shows Amy problem then ask here again ...

Shemjavan likes this.
  12. vigneshrpnair
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

13. Fursan Afzal

14. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

settings>buttons>toggle on screens navigation> there u go

15. Pawan_Harwar
    Froyo Apr 18, 2019

16. palc

palc , Apr 18, 2019 :
    I'm getting the default Android buttons. i.e. back, home, recents.
    I want that gesture pill which when you drag shows recent. and the back button pops up from time to time. that's the default navigation in Pie, right? Have OP not added it?

17. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

the. I would like to suggest u to configure ur buttons like long press home button as recents and left capacitive as back buttons , so that u get some what same feeling as it isn't available op 3(t), bcos of capacitive buttons availability...

18. YudhPK
    Donut Apr 18, 2019

19. palc

palc , Apr 18, 2019 :

chandramoulipolavarapu

the. I would like to suggest u to configure ur buttons like long press home button as recents and left capacitive as back buttons , so that u get some what same feeling as it isn't available op 3(t), bcos of capacitive buttons availability...​

I had. But then somehow my capacitive buttons stopped working. xD

20. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2019

the only pilll option available is the option which I mentioned u in my previous reply apart form that I haven't noticed another