Taste of Pie, Android 9 Community Beta for OnePlus 3/3T

1. zoaibmakandar
    Donut Apr 18, 2019

2. VimalKumar Sadasivam
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

VimalKumar Sadasivam , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Yes.. Have to find out some alternate ways.
    Thank you for support.

3. mlmason75
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

mlmason75 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    As it turns out I just had to restart my wireless routers.

Cast button is now working with all chromecast devices.

4. Paschfire
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

5. zoaibmakandar
    Donut Apr 18, 2019

6. dimovkster
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

dimovkster , Apr 18, 2019 :
    This build is really smooth for me so far. I installed it almost instantly after the release. However, there seems to be one thing that kinda bothers me and I wish it to be fixed for the stable release. Sometimes after the phone has been asleep for a while, the fingerprint sensor is very slow to respond. That doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's really annoying. Apart from that, I'm very happy with it. Great work @Manu J.!

7. rahull.desai91
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

rahull.desai91 , Apr 18, 2019 :
    I just tasted the Pie and I have to admit it has been baked really well . It was worth the long wait. I was on the stable version Android O and thought of updating to Android Pie today when the community build was released.

The installation process is a breeze. The steps are clearly mentioned and I can assure you that your data remains intact if you are already on a stable build of Oreo and looking to update to Android P.

Just a few queries and bizzare outcomes which I couldn't understand. Can someone please explain:

1. Why are the on screen navigation buttons far away from each other. Shouldn't they be closer to each other , like on the 5T - the whole idea to move from Oreo to Pie was to reduce the spacing between the buttons. A friend of mine updated the same on his One Plus 3T and his on screen buttons are not far apart. Guess , it's affecting only certain devices.!

2. Also , i couldn't find the navigation gesture buttons which the 5/5T ,6/6Thave . Why are the 3/3T users getting this step-motherly treatment?

No one wants to eat the Pie half -baked. I hope these issues are going to be addressed and resolved in the stable upcoming update. Everything else seems to be perfect in the community build : the UI, the recents , DND mode and G-lens integration.

I am open to any kind of constructive criticism to help users taste the Pie better. Thanks to Manu J and the entire One Plus team for their efforts in baking the Pie and giving each of us a sweet sweet serving.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019

EpicCon likes this.
  8. Paschfire
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

Paschfire , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Currently, there is no solution. Either live with it for now, or return to stable OOS 5.0.8.

9. Paschfire
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

The 3/3T have HW and SW navigation buttons, making gesture navigation kinda pointless. This feature will likely never make it on our devices.

jnsson likes this.
  10. AnuGeorge
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

AnuGeorge , Apr 18, 2019 :
    Still no OTA update only beta how long this taste of pie will come to an endgame hope this beta is stable to get fast OTA.

11. Alexander_Marinissen
    Donut Apr 18, 2019

Alexander_Marinissen , Apr 18, 2019 :
    I made a backup of my OnePlus 3T on beta software, but can't seem to find where the back up is to transfer it to my PC before installing Pie. The backup seems to work just fine when I try to open it in OnePlus Switch, but in Windows Explorer, the Backup\MobileBackup folder contains one file of 0 bytes. Where'd my backup go? What's worse is that if I can't find it, it'll just be 16 GB living on my phone that I can't delete.

12. Paschfire
    KitKat Apr 18, 2019

Did you perform a factory reset?
    Or, tried erasing saved fingerprints and re saving new?

13. EpicCon
    Eclair Apr 18, 2019

EpicCon , Apr 18, 2019 :
    uh I has a question why didn't the op3/3t got the AR stickers integration, like the one plus 3/3t officially support it right ? I'm just curious.

14. sammerasker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 18, 2019

sammerasker , Apr 18, 2019 :
    There will be NO ota for this release , you have to download it from the main post and flash it as described in the post ...the ota will be stable Pie,

athaarv and Paschfire like this.
  15. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2019

MrHari_theCarguy , Apr 18, 2019 :
    how much time did op5/5t stable pie update take after releasing open beta build.does anyone know.that should give a rough idea when stable pie for 3/3t will be released now that there are no major bugs in the community build

16. rahull.desai91
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

just tasted the Pie and I have to admit it has been baked really well . It was worth the long wait. I was on the stable version Android O and thought of updating to Android Pie today when the community build was released.

The installation process is a breeze. The steps are clearly mentioned and I can assure you that your data remains intact if you are already on a stable build of Oreo and looking to update to Android P.

Just a few queries and bizzare outcomes which I couldn't understand. Can someone please explain:

1. Why are the on screen navigation buttons far away from each other. Shouldn't they be closer to each other , like on the 5T - the whole idea to move from Oreo to Pie was to reduce the spacing between the buttons.

2. Also , i couldn't find the navigation gesture buttons which the 5/5T ,6/6Thave . Why are the 3/3T users getting this step-motherly treatment?

No one wants to eat the Pie half -baked. I hope these issues are going to be addressed and resolved in the stable upcoming update. Everything else seems to be perfect in the community build : the UI, the recents , DND mode and G-lens integration.

sarayevo likes this.
  17. rahull.desai91
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

u r right..i am facing the same Bluetooth issue

sarayevo likes this.
  18. zadock
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2019

zadock , Apr 18, 2019 :
    This build works perfectly! There are some things to improve like slow unlock by fingerprint and face unlocking.

The status bar icons are too small but this is not important.

19. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2019

Topper_Gas , Apr 18, 2019 :
    I sense the OP is moaning because OnePlus haven't released the stable build, I guess there's always got to be somebody complaining about something!

sammerasker likes this.
  20. rahull.desai91
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2019

the on screen buttons are very far from each other.. why is this happening?