TDK IP300 Smartphone-ready Headphone

1. Ankrhim
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2014

Ankrhim , Dec 3, 2014 :
    I recently bought 2 sets of TDK IP300 headsets (one white, one black) through an auction site to see if these would work with the OPO.

http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-eu/Headphones/In-Ear-Headphones/IP300/#.VH7aF3l0w-U

Today I received them and lo and behold everything works: mic, volume, answering calls, hanging up calls, skip song etc. No problem at all.

Now I'm not a real sound professor (if it produces sound it's fine with me) but they sound OK with me.

The volume control doesn't actually control the volume but manages it in de the control itself.

Build quality is ok I quess. Sturdy flat cables, but the remote feels flimsy. But hey, what do you expect from 20-25 Euro headphones.

[​IMG]

2. Silverchaoz
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2014

Rishi_M likes this.
  3. Robxxx7
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2014

Robxxx7 , Dec 3, 2014 :
    So it either works or it doesn't work ?

4. Ankrhim
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2014

Ankrhim , Dec 3, 2014 :
    It works, every function works as it should.

But normally headsets control the Phone's (software) volume, but this headset has a build in (hardware) volume control.

Robxxx7 likes this.
  5. jayendran
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2014

jayendran , Dec 3, 2014 :
    If it's even as good as the JBL E1+, I'd settle for the TDK ones. $40 is way too much with its issues (users hearing cables brushing against their bodies etc.).

Hope someone does a shootout.

Ankrhim likes this.
  6. Robxxx7
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2014

Robxxx7 , Dec 3, 2014 :
    ah ok ... i'm with you ...

Ankrhim likes this.
  7. Ankrhim
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2014

Ankrhim , Dec 3, 2014 :
    I'm gonna receive my JBL E1+ in a few days. I'll compare the sound and build quality and update here.

jayendran likes this.
  8. Ankrhim
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2014

Ankrhim , Dec 3, 2014 :
    Been using the TDK's for a few hours listening music and I have to say I actually like the sound, though the bass is a bit loud for my taste.

I compared them to my iPhone headset with the exact same equalizer settings and I actually like the sound of the TDK's better.

One little annoying part is that they put the mic/volume control on the left earpiece, while I'm used to right.