Tech We're Excited for in 2020

1. Schafer
    US Brand Ambassador Jan 14, 2020

Schafer , Jan 14, 2020 :
    3510.png

Hello again everyone! It’s Schafer (@Schafer) and Jason C. (@scotty137) back with you again. Not too long ago we brought you guys some of our favorite tech products from the past decade. Well as awesome as the past 10 years were for the tech industry, there’s a lot of things coming in 2020 that we are excited about too. Here are some of the ones we are most looking forward to! Feel free to add what you are excited about in the comments below!

foldingphone.jpg

Folding Phones
    In 2019, the first folding phones finally hit the market. Samsung, Huawei, and a couple of others, after years of teasing about building folding displays, were finally able to introduce to the world smartphones that could fold to give users 2 different screen sizes in the same device. Motorola is launching its new Razr foldable phone in early 2020 as well. We are still at the very early stages of this technology but It’s not hard to imagine why so many people are so excited for this to continue to be refined and I can’t wait to see where folding phones go in 2020. No doubt there will be some pretty awesome phones to check out.

5G.png

5G
    Just as with folding phones, we are now at the very early stages of 5G. Myself and a couple other of the Brand Ambassadors have done a couple of posts about 5G that you should really check out. The important thing is that in 2020, we should begin to see this technology begin to come into its own. 5G promises to revolutionize the way our devices, our homes, and even our cities connect and while it will be many years before we see the full fruits of it, there should be some exciting things to see over the next 12 months.

xboxplaystation.jpg

Xbox/Playstation
    Microsoft and Sony have already promised their next-generation consoles, the Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 respectively, are coming next year and both companies are promising to bring some pretty impressive gaming experiences to gamers. Both consoles should provide unprecedented power and graphics performance for console gamers and help usher in the next generation of games.

google_stadia_logo_new.jpg

Cloud Gaming
    Google officially launched Google Stadia this year which is supposed to alow you to play console level, big-budget games from any device you can get your hands on, all through a Chrome browser. It was a pretty compelling notion when it was launched but has met with a lot of bugs and criticism since it launched. Microsoft has also begun testing its Project xCloud game streaming service which already looks to be a lot better than Stadia. Sony is working on something similar as well. Needless to say, 2020 looks to be a really fun year for video gamers.

quantum_ai_hero.jpg

Quantum Computing
    Although this is still in the works and not quite ready for mainstream use, but Google has been working to build a quantum computer. Quantum Computers are completely different from that of a classical computer, aside from the fact that the hardware used is completely different, the biggest difference is normal computers use only 1s and 0s and the data that exists is only one state at a time. However, quantum computers use quantum bits which can simultaneously be any combination of a 1 or a 0 which results in significantly faster processing speed. This new kind of computing can allow for problems to be solved significantly faster than that of today’s supercomputers which can then benefit our society more as a whole than individually.

intel-vs-amd-banner-1.jpg

Computer Hardware
    For the upcoming year, AMD and Intel are racing to release their top-spec, high core count, power-hungry CPUs to the public. It is expected that AMD will release a new CPU to their Threadripper Lineup the 3990X (64 Cores, 128 Threads) along with many other Zen 3 architecture CPUs. And on the Intel side, we are expecting to see Intels Comet Lake series which is their new i3, i5, i7 10 series chipset. As for GPUs, Nvidias 3000 series will take the place of their 2000 series lineup. So if you are a computer nerd like me, 2020 holds some serious tech for anyone that is in the market to create a powerful computer.

tv8K.jpg

Televisions
    Every year TVs get better and better. Whether that is the size or the resolution, 2020 will be an exciting year for the TV market. 4k TVs are slowly becoming the norm making the prices of TVs to come down and the standards to become higher. We will likely see higher resolution TVs in the new year ranging from 6k to 8k which will completely change the way consumers see things. Having such high-quality TVs will push filmmakers to record with better quality cameras so that you will have the best viewing experience possible. The new year will bring some amazing tech that not only the wealthy can use, but a broader range of people.

2. R1569940065233
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

3. Haritha Shree
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

4. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2020

RogerOriginals , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Jan 15, 2020 :
    In addition to these, I'm especially excited for in-display cameras that help get rid of notch and pop-up cameras in smartphones. Seeing Xiaomi and Oppo already putting out prototypes, I hope their commercial launch isn't too far away.

5. O1569139952032
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

Schafer likes this.
  6. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I'm quite interested as we all have followed CES2020 quite closely. Since OnePlus's answer to this was not so consumer friendly I'm quite thrilled as to what OnePlus has got for consumers in 2020.

Departments where OnePlus needs to give attention:
    1) Timely Camera updates (guess this is why company focused on contests related to it)

2) wireless earphones solution (though bullets wireless 2 work pretty but they have got issues unique to them. )

3) Fast charge technology (You might think of me as a mad person but belive me when i say Realme beat them in their own game with X2Pro's insane 50 watt Adapter and battery tech)

4)Loyal customer satisfaction (I'm sure many will agree and yes we want those accessories ready and in stock when we want them and pretty good initiative like RCC for awesome community members )

5) Pricing strategy (Maybe users owning 6T and 7 can tell this better). {I guess they found the solution to this with rumoured OnePlus Lite series,as they move from Flagship killers to Premium flagship products lineup but let's see how that turns out for OnePlus)

I'm a happy customer and many are too...But hey OnePlus we are here to grow together.

Hit that like if you guys agree with me.
    #Oneplus
    #NeverSettle2020

msheu, buck57, Deepak_Maity and 28 others like this.
  7. Helder_DAlmeida

buntycubal, Schafer and ilham_qrsh like this.
  8. ilham_qrsh
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

ilham_qrsh , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Stadia will be the future of gaming. No bulky hardware needed. Simply point and play. hope to see something exciting from OnePlus cloud as well. NeverSettle. 🤘

Schafer likes this.
  9. MIMO1+
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

MIMO1+ , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 15, 2020 :
    I have magazines in the loft that speak about The New Solid State Technology. These magazines now sound so old, everything is moving so quickly. It's all very exciting.

msheu, Schafer and Haritha Shree like this.
  10. Haritha Shree
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

Haritha Shree , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 15, 2020 :
    @SWAPPYONE

I agree with you with respect to the camera updates. we definitely need a 48mp in auto mode too. And I think the pro mode is not up to the mark with my OP7.
    hoping to see many updates in this area.

the pricing also has become like that of a total flagship phone. please! be a flagship killer too.

11. DMB_8766
    Eclair Jan 15, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida and Schafer like this.
  12. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 15, 2020

meatandy , Jan 15, 2020 :
    Speaking of televisions , when if at all , will the US see the OnePlus TV ?

I'm curious to see how far automated automobiles and transportation will expand in the next 10 years.

Additionally , most people don't pay attention of this segment of technology , but the marine electronic industry has grow by leaps and bounds in the last five years and will continue to do so as technology expands towards other industries such as the fishing and Marine applications for the average user or hobbyist.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020

buntycubal, zix47, ilham_qrsh and 3 others like this.
  13. Helder_DAlmeida

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jan 15, 2020 :

SWAPPYONE

I'm quite interested as we all have followed CES2020 quite closely. Since OnePlus's answer to this was not so consumer friendly I'm quite thrilled as to what OnePlus has got for consumers in 2020.

Departments where OnePlus needs to give attention:
    1) Timely Camera updates (guess this is why company focused on contests related to it)

2) wireless earphones solution (though bullets wireless 2 work pretty but they have got issues unique to them. )

3) Fast charge technology (You might think of me as a mad person but belive me when i say Realme beat them in their own game with X2Pro's insane 50 watt Adapter and battery tech)

4)Loyal customer satisfaction (I'm sure many will agree and yes we want those accessories ready and in stock when we want them and pretty good initiative like RCC for awesome community members )

5) Pricing strategy (Maybe users owning 6T and 7 can tell this better). {I guess they found the solution to this with rumoured OnePlus Lite series,as they move from Flagship killers to Premium flagship products lineup but let's see how that turns out for OnePlus)

I'm a happy customer and many are too...But hey OnePlus we are here to grow together.

Hit that like if you guys agree with me.
    #Oneplus
    #NeverSettle2020​

I think you write it well my friend.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

msheu, Vamshi...lucky and KidcAdy like this.
  14. vikukochar
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2020

msheu likes this.

16. michelin
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

Schafer likes this.
  17. anismail2001
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2020

18. caffeinePlease
    Froyo Jan 15, 2020

Schafer likes this.
  19. T1574130559694