Battery/Charging Temperature too low to charge (New 3T out of box)

1. clevername
    Donut Apr 4, 2017

clevername , Apr 4, 2017 :
    I just received the Midnight Edition and it doesn't turn on. I thought I'd try to charge the phone but it shows the OnePlus logo for a couple seconds, turns off and then shows the logo once again followed by a message saying: "Device temperature is too low. Cannot charge" in an error screen. Seems like no one else has ever has this issue, any suggestions?

(I've spoken to support and they couldn't help at all, trying to blame the courier for damage during transit. Would appreciate any suggestions for trying to make it work without having to wait for a replacement)

2. radudanaila
    Froyo Apr 4, 2017

radudanaila , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Hey there!
    Do you manage to get into the phones recovery mode?
    If yes, wipe it's cache or do a factory reset.
    Does the packaging the phone came in look deteriorated or wet?

3. clevername
    Donut Apr 4, 2017

clevername , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

I cannot get into the recovery mode (I tried holding volume up and power button as well as volume down and power button but nothing happens.)

The packaging was slightly damaged in the corner but doesn't seem to have touched the phone. It just touched the bottom right hand side of the box which was slightly dented.

Am I doing something wrong when trying to get into recovery mode?

4. radudanaila
    Froyo Apr 4, 2017

radudanaila , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Now I'll suggest you do something I would not usually recommend but you have to be careful.

I think that the phones battery is either completely discharged or the heat dissipation sensor is defective.

So I'll assume that the battery is dead so I'll advise you to plug your phone to AC using it's Dash Charger but keep your eyes on it. If it starts getting hot immediately unplug the charger front the wall. Try letting your phone charge for a while if there's nothing weird happening.

Try turning it on after a while and if it does not work press both volume down key and the power button and see if it enters the recovery mode.

5. Bartnl
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2017

Bartnl , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Press them both together (power + volume down), hold it for a couple of seconds and release both at the same time.
    You will see the Oneplus logo and after that it boots into recovery.

p.s. it's shi**y that this happens to a brand new phone. CS did not respond well.
    But remember you are having a 15 days return policy. Just send it back, wait for the approval that your money will be transferred back and order a new one.

6. Schnuckel148
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2018

Schnuckel148 , Jul 3, 2018 :
    Hatte das gleiche Problem, Kommunikation mit der Hotline zuerst auf Englich, dann ging auch Deutsch.
    Das Handy oneplus 3t, 18 Monate alt, wurde nach 2 Tagen von einem DHL-Kurier bei mir abgeholt, nach Tschechien geschickt und nach drei Tagen "repariert" zurückgebracht, wobei ich den Eindruck hatte, ein neues Gerät bekommen zu haben. "Mainboard default". Super Sevice, allerdings hatte ich ein absolut cleanes Gerät und es kostete viel Zeit es viel wie zuvor zu konfigurieren und einiges an Bildern und Daten war auch verloren.
    Dürfte aber eigentlich nach 18 Monaten nicht passieren!

7. T1600193412243
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2020