tempered glass and screen protectors...

1. husslord
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

husslord , Aug 23, 2014 :
    So I have been put on a few screen protectors and finally got my tempered glass, which I highly recommend! Anyone else notice that no matter how clean or where you install, dust gets underneath the protector sooner or later? Nothing real noticeable, can't tell when the screen is on but when it is off, I see it. Am I doing something wrong?

heinz15 and stockholmguy like this.
  2. rnmhaag
    Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2014

husslord likes this.
  3. mrbearbear
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 23, 2014

mrbearbear , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Nah, I have the same problem. Dust is all around us, everywhere u go.

husslord likes this.
  4. stockholmguy

stockholmguy , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Which brand of tempered glass are you using?

5. ZPPS
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2014

ZPPS , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Just a suggestion but maybe if you applied the screenprotector outside your house maybe there will be less dust. Don't know if this will really work but you can try it

6. husslord
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

I have the Nillikin on....it just seems this phones is a dust magnet...no worries, just my OCD and was wondering if I was doing something wrong?

7. jbudness
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2014

jbudness , Aug 23, 2014 :
    I normally turn on the shower really hot and let it run for about 5 minutes. Take everything you need into the bathroom while it is running and apply the screen protector in the bathroom. The moist air will make most of the dust fall to the ground. You are less likely to get stuff on your screen when doing this. As far as being out and about, I dont know why you would be getting dust under it. You may want to check the edges to make sure they are all the way down.

8. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Aug 23, 2014

ogriff , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Kinky ;)

-Alienkh-, leemartin and jbudness like this.
  9. rrluvs

rrluvs , Aug 23, 2014 :
    N
    Nice

ogriff likes this.
  10. dmalvarado
    Froyo Aug 23, 2014

dmalvarado , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Nice

ogriff likes this.
  11. jbudness
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2014

jbudness , Aug 23, 2014 :
    My wife and I both have the OPO. She has the nillkin 9h and I use the rhino(I know its not temper glass, but it's a screen protector..) Neither of us have issues with getting dust under the protector while out and about..

12. husslord
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

Its just small very light near the earpiece, but thanks!! I may try the bathroom trick! Makes sense!!!

13. husslord
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

I wonder if its my case too? I have it a Diztronic case...tpu rubber, either not a huge deal. No bubbles or anything.

14. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 23, 2014

drmartin , Aug 23, 2014 :
    I haven't had any dust get under any of mine. Did you use the alcohol wipe first? I'm meticulous with dust too. I get in a dark room with a bright led light and shine it on the screen to be sure every little bit is gone. ;-)

15. husslord
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

Yep, I did, very OCD, may order another and try one more time. I also have a bunch of alcohol wipes I got from work that I use when applying screen protectors. I try to avoid some of the microfiber clothes, seems to make it worse. I like the one that came with nillkin

16. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Aug 23, 2014

drmartin , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Yes the microfiber clothes suck! I use the alcohol wipe then a sticker and led light to be sure its a clean application. Tempered glass is a dream!

husslord likes this.
  17. husslord
    Donut Aug 23, 2014

18. jartukovic

jartukovic , Aug 23, 2014 :
    Apply the protector in the bathroom after someone had a shower, dust particles attach humidity on them and fall to the ground, that is why the best place for applying the protectors is the bathroom. Regarding the protector i suggest Orzly 9H tempered glass protector because it has round edges which is perfect for the screen ends

gusuraman likes this.
  19. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Aug 23, 2014

20. leemartin
    Lollipop Aug 23, 2014

leemartin , Aug 23, 2014 :
    I have a nillikin on mine for about 3 weeks. It went on like a dream using the alcohol wipes and sticker and nothing is getting under it yet, but I do have it in a TPU gel Case too.

drmartin likes this.