Tempered glass and why I'm done

1. B4kken
    Lollipop Jan 9, 2015

B4kken , Jan 9, 2015 :
    ... You're not supposed to have the phone in your back pocket.

When the phone gets dropped or whatever and there's a little, let's say rock, that goes in between the extra bumpers your case gives you the *cheap* glass protector will seem like a blessing.

Again, phones don't go into back pockets.

9843823790849 and meatandy like this.
  2. macem29
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

macem29 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    all relative I guess, to where you are in life, and the world, whether $11 is expensive...
    but I do agree with OP's point that a quality case makes that glass SP unnecessary...
    I use a Tudia TPU case and matte SP, one for protection, the other for anti-glare....
    perfect solution for me for $20

3. dr_bowtie
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

dr_bowtie , Jan 10, 2015 :

yes it was but i had too..... the devil made me do it :D

4. Chevanlol360
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2015

Chevanlol360 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    lol orzly is the one you want to get, any other ones are probably shitty like the one you got.

5. kennayyar
    Eclair Jan 10, 2015

kennayyar , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Me and my friends have this thing we say when someone says something so ridiculous and eye roll worthy that you can't even think straight because there is too much stupid in the room.

So to you sir I say " cool, story bro. good for you"

6. Cooperman
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

Cooperman , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Yeah - and especially if you have gravel in your back pocket and say a diamond glass cutter too.

7. Cooperman
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

Cooperman , Jan 10, 2015 :
    You have friends....?

8. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

TeamVisionary , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Wow what a coinsident. I have the Cruzerlite case and I was thinking about getting the Orzly screen protector for it. Not sure if I should get one now after reading this..

9. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 10, 2015

meatandy , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Xd.
    I wouldn't get out of bed for $11 unless it was directly below on the floor.

lostLambda likes this.
  10. Miketkim
    Froyo Jan 10, 2015

Miketkim , Jan 10, 2015 :
    For those of you who genuinely think that putting a sheet of glass on your phone and expect it to not break when sitting on it.... I wish I had your ignorance.

It's a freak'n piece of glass less than a quarter millimeter thick. What do you expect to happen.

and $11 is nothing. ghostglass is like $30 and I still think that's reasonable price.

lostLambda likes this.
  11. forgetfartuun
    Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2015

12. sbfisher
    Eclair Jan 10, 2015

sbfisher , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Sometimes phones do land on non-perfectly-flat surfaces. One of my phones landed on a pointy rock when it fell (with no screen protector or case). That phone had a little chip in the screen and a hairline crack from right to left for the next two years.

I would've much rather had a cracked screen protector than a cracked screen. A new screen protector is $11, but a replacement screen or replacement phone will be much more than that.

13. rpowel2
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

rpowel2 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Phones not going in the back pocket is the dumbest shit I've ever heard plus there's no evidence to support it causes more harm than being in the front pocket.... When you squat your quads will create same pressure from phone being in front pocket than pressure created when phone is in back pocket. You can't be seruous about the idea that phones can't go in back pocket.

14. rpowel2
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

rpowel2 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    The point is, I'm inside 99% of my day, Home, office and bars... There's no gravel there..... And if gravel strikes my phone in these indoor establishments then it was meant to be.... I have a spare OPO on my nightstand. I don't need a tempered glass protector for my lifestyle. *drops mic*

lostLambda likes this.
  15. xKRYPTx
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

xKRYPTx , Jan 10, 2015 :
    You should be happy the temp glass did its ******* job. You broke an 11$ piece of glass Instead of your phone. And fuckung complaining... Jesus Christ get a hold of yourself mate!

SnottierWhale and netr0pa like this.
  16. rpowel2
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

rpowel2 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    If I lived on a quarry..... I would definitely have tempered glass protector. I would a case load every month. But in live n the city where random acts of gravel are more rare than random gunmen at the local supermarket so I don't need it.

17. rpowel2
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

rpowel2 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Oh and if gravel hurts gorilla glass then I think we all have a serious problem on our hands

18. rpowel2
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2015

rpowel2 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    You dumb ***** I'm not complaining, I'm telling a story. Bending down wouldn't have cracked gorilla glass anyway you dumb mother ******.

19. peteryu
    KitKat Jan 10, 2015

bkieu likes this.
  20. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2015

Montucky , Jan 10, 2015 :
    so, what you're saying is that you put the phone in your back pocket and heard a crack. It made you stop what you were doing and check on your phone, the screen protector was totaled yet your phone was safe.?

If so, I think it did it's job by stopping you before the phone broke from bending. Tempered glass will keep little nicks and scratches off of your phone when you put it in your pocket with keys and pens and the sort.

I have the same screen protector and found it to was easy to apply. 11 dollars is a bargain compared to what everybody else has to pay around the world. You should get another one.