Tempered Glass for the 7 Pro

1. laiosg
    Gingerbread May 5, 2019

laiosg , May 5, 2019 :
    Just a thought I had... Figured I'd post it here since the OP 7 Pro has a curved screen from what I've understood...
    Is it possible to attach tempered glass on a curved screen? Like, are such curved glasses even available and do they stick well to the screen?

Last edited: May 18, 2019

2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 5, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 5, 2019 :
    There are tempered glass screen protectors for the S8, etc, so I don't see why the situation should be different with the OnePlus 7 Pro - if the screen is indeed curved :rolleyes:

laiosg likes this.
  3. laiosg
    Gingerbread May 5, 2019

laiosg , May 5, 2019 :
    Have you perhaps had any experience with them? Do they apply well? One of my friends had a phone with a 2.5D screen and at the edges the glass simply won't attach itself even though it's a product by a well known OEM designed specifically for said phone...

saso1010 likes this.
  4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 5, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 5, 2019 :
    Wish I could help you more, but I don't install screen protectors.

I remove the ones that are applied when I buy the devices and just use them normally.

However, I have seen a couple that just cover the front of the display and leave the curved parts unprotected and others that are slightly curved. They are not cheap. :p

drl431 and laiosg like this.
  5. laiosg
    Gingerbread May 5, 2019

laiosg , May 5, 2019 :

Cheetosdust

Wish I could help you more, but I don't install screen protectors.

I remove the ones that are applied when I buy the devices and just use them normally.

However, I have seen a couple that just cover the front of the display and leave the curved parts unprotected and others that are slightly curved. They are not cheap.​

Okay, thank you anyway !!

Cheetosdust likes this.
  6. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 5, 2019

Liehjan , May 5, 2019 :
    Whitestone dome glass is a great protector for curved screens... But it's a bit expensive. As long as the protector is full adhesive there should not be any issues with a curved screen.

7. Photoman9988
    KitKat May 6, 2019

Photoman9988 , May 6, 2019 :
    Only problem with Domeglass, is if they are even going to make a screen protector for the OP7 Pro. OnePlus is no Samsung. They might not feel it's worth the time and effort to make one for OP phones.

laiosg likes this.
  8. laiosg
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

laiosg , May 9, 2019 :

Y1554197985823

Curved display with no notch= Apply a screen protector that makes the device looks sleek instead of a tempered glass............................Had already pre-ordered one from gadgetshieldz........
    https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-screen-protectors-guards-covers/

I don't really mind if it doesn't look as sleek as before though. All I would like is a hard tempered glass to protect the screen, that's why I'm asking.

Y1554197985823 likes this.
  9. Rumpelstilzchen77
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

Rumpelstilzchen77 , May 9, 2019 :
    Spigen makes good screen protectors. They also make them for OnePlus devices. Visit their website once new phone is on sale, bet you will find the one there.

laiosg likes this.
  10. laiosg
    Gingerbread May 9, 2019

laiosg , May 9, 2019 :
    thank you I'll keep this in mind if I ever get one [e]1f601[/e] (hopefully yes?)

Rumpelstilzchen77 likes this.
  11. O1557418398175
    Cupcake May 9, 2019

lusifer98 likes this.
  12. Shery4life
    Honeycomb May 10, 2019

Shery4life , May 10, 2019 :
    I have personally used dome glass for note 8 and note 9 and can say from the experience, it's the best protector for curve screen. But it's a bit expensive.

laiosg and Liehjan like this.
  13. Shery4life
    Honeycomb May 10, 2019

laiosg likes this.
  14. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair May 10, 2019

Apocalyps_Comet , May 10, 2019 :
    I have used various glass ones across the S7+, S8+, Note 8, and Note 9 phones for myself and family members.

With this I will say that 90% of glass screen protectors for the curved screen phones are only edge adhesion. This results in losing some of the touch sensitivity of the screen. Also if they are not perfectly on straight it usually ends up resulting in dust or dirt under them or them pre-maturally coming off.

The Whitestone is by far the best one I have found and used, that is if you get it applied correctly and straight. It does not have any gaps, reduction in sensitivity, or haloing if applied correctly. Yes it is extremely expensive for a protector (more than a Zagg), at least the first time purchased. This is do to it coming with the UV light. If you don't need the light you can find the protector and glue for a little cheaper (Zagg pricing). They do offer a warranty on the protectors which I did not know at the time of purchase and did not keep any of the purchase paperwork to claim it.

It took me 2 tries to get it on perfectly straight before curing the glue. This is also the most tedious screen protector I have ever applied do to having to apply the glue myself and not bumping the screen protector before it is put under the UV light and cured. I have read horror stories on applying this protector before I purchased it which resulted in me reading instructions multiple time, watching videos, and walking through it as a dry run before applying it to avoid these.

There was another all screen adhesion (pre-applied) I managed to find online one time and it worked great. problem is I can not remember where or what brand it was for the life of me.

Whitestone Done however currently does not make any protectors for any OnePlus devices. That is not to say it won't happen if there is enough of a demand as they do make protectors for some Oppo devices.

Hope this all helps

Last edited: May 10, 2019

primetunan and laiosg like this.
  15. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb May 11, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , May 11, 2019 :
    Whitestone won't do a OP7 glass coz not enough market size. that's why it's limited to Samsung, Apple, Google & some Huawei phone models.

laiosg likes this.
  16. Liehjan
    Lollipop May 11, 2019

Liehjan , May 11, 2019 :
    But I think they will now, because the 7pro will have a curved screen so there would be a market now. They even have a protector for oppo find x

17. OnePlus OxygenOS
    Honeycomb May 12, 2019

OnePlus OxygenOS , May 12, 2019 :
    I hope so, then just maybe I might consider the OP7pro...

Liehjan likes this.
  18. Wiseguyy
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2019

Wiseguyy , Jun 1, 2019 :
    Ha...Ha...The Whitestone Dome Glass product It's already in Development and will be available...Soooooon. It's a No Brainer (Cost Wise) to make a curved glass protector that has **NO CUT OUTS** like what' needed for all the Samsung phones ...Lookeeee Here. ;)'' [​IMG]https://imgur.com/SJTW2Bz

19. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2019

barnabyj , Jun 1, 2019 :
    before the 7 pro went up for sale, OnePlus had tempered glass protectors listed but then took them down from their store. I imagine they'll be up for sale eventually.

20. F_Guillermo_Eduardo_Orte
    Froyo Jun 1, 2019