Tempered Glass for the 7 Pro

1. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair Jun 29, 2019

Apocalyps_Comet , Jun 29, 2019 :
    I will say that now that I have it installed illast night that it feels so much better than the preinstalled screen protector. The Whitestone also fits perfectly in my Poetic Affinity case.

2. F_Guillermo_Eduardo_Orte
    Froyo Jun 29, 2019

3. Steliosknd
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

Steliosknd , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Hello everyone

Still no tempered glass from official store of OnePlus 7pro, could you please suggest good tempered glass for 7pro?

Thank you

4. raj9779
    Froyo Jul 5, 2019

raj9779 , Jul 5, 2019 :
    hey you have been using this tempered glass. How is it..............?? Pl provide review.

5. L1567073031847
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

L1567073031847 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    I tried Spigen Glass for my OP7Pro and was totally terrible, not clearly transparent and great reduction of touch sensitivity. I had to remove it in a day. Stay away from that one.

xbryan likes this.
  6. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

Apocalyps_Comet , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Here is a review of the Whitestone Dome for the OnePlus 7 pro.

Appearance: Glass is perfectly clear and I forget that it is on the phone most of the time. Granted this is do to my primary case. One the of the other cases I have it is slightly more noticeable due to being a slim case.

Feel: Feels as if there is nothing on the phone. Being the protector is glass it's as if nothing is there. It does not interfere with the finger print sensor at all. My primary case bumps straight up to the protector on the sides so I do not feel the side of the protector when edge swiping. The top and bottom has a slight gap to my primary case but not enough that I feel it when swiping in from the top or bottom. My secondary case has a larger gap being a slim case. With this I do feel the edge of the protector occasionally.

Case friendliness: So far I have tried 3 cases with the protector. Poetic Affinity (primary case), TQHH OnePlus 7 Pro Gradient glass back case,and the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro.
    Poetic- A perfect fit for the protector. Almost no if any gap on the sides. Too and bottom has slight gap but not unsightly. Do not feel the edges of the protector with this case on as stated earlier. THQQ- A great fitting case. Minimal gap on the sides with a larger gap on the top and bottom. Being a minimal case this does not surprise me as it wraps less around the edges of the phone. This does allow a slight feel for the top and bottom of the protector.
    Unicorn Beetle- This case does not work with the Whitestone. Being it is a larger case it overlaps the protector. Resulting in the slightest amount of force putting pressure on the protector. Within minutes of putting it on I noticed the corner of the protector wanting to lift, I immediately took it back on and pressed the corner of the protector back down before any damage could be done.

Hope this helps everyone. I do have the OnePlus free case that came with the phone but have never used it. I also have another no name case coming sometime toward the end of the month.

7. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

Mikey_1273 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    I have the pure gear tempered glass protector that the T-Mobile store sells on mine. I have had it since two days after I got the phone in mid July. At first I was just ok with it. it is good and clear. it doesn't seem like it messes with touch sensitivity.
    the cons are:
    it's edge adhesive only.
    I can see a line around it where the adhesive is.
    It has a black band at the top and bottom.
    mine never really stuck to the sides well. seems mostly glued at the top and bottom. some micro lint collected under edges on the sides from my pockets even though I have an OtterBox symmetry case on.
    yesterday it came loose, I managed to press it on for now.

I definitely don't recommend this one $40 and not lasting.

looking for recommendations for a replacement. I see Whitestone is sold out on their site. not sure if that's even the best it's got mixed reviews and don't look easy to apply

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019

8. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

I love mine and ordered mine through Amazon. It's been on my phone since the June 28th.

Mikey_1273 likes this.
  9. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

Whitestone or pure gear?

10. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

Mikey_1273 likes this.
  11. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

thanks that was the one I should have bought but it was more expensive and oh the glue to mess with. how did the installation go for you? was it messy or difficult?

I see Whitestone had a post labor day sale but for our phone was sold out this morning.

12. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

I did not have any major issue.

The recommendations that I would give is make sure your work area is clean and clear and does not have dust, hair, dirt floating around.
    Biggest thing is to make sure you take you time, I recommend ready the instructions and watching a video a couple times to make sure you have the process down.
    The other big thing would be to make sure your work surface is level. Mine was slightly off so the liquid wanted to run faster to one side than the other.

Mikey_1273 likes this.
  13. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

Apocalyps_Comet

I did not have any major issue.

The recommendations that I would give is make sure your work area is clean and clear and does not have dust, hair, dirt floating around.
    Biggest thing is to make sure you take you time, I recommend ready the instructions and watching a video a couple times to make sure you have the process down.
    The other big thing would be to make sure your work surface is level. Mine was slightly off so the liquid wanted to run faster to one side than the other.​

nice thanks I will have to see if I can get it from Whitestone directly soon. shame it is currently sold out, they only have the replacement glass with out the light in stock. the sale was 30%off. it's also priced cheaper directly by $5 than Amazon.

14. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 10, 2019

Mikey_1273 , Sep 10, 2019 :
    This morning the Whitestone Dome site had the single full kit back in stock for our 7pro. Currently pricing is $ 44.99
    However there is a post Labor Day sale offering UpTo 40% savings on select models. On all Samsung S10 versions and OnePlus7pro the offer is 30% off with promo code POSTLBR30. (replacement kits are not included in the offer)

www.whitestonedome.com

With free standard shipping I was able to get mine for $31.50, that's less then I paid for the PureGear one at the T-Mobile store that's only edge glued and coming off after about 2 months.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019

15. Apocalyps_Comet
    Eclair Sep 11, 2019

Apocalyps_Comet , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I decided to put on the included OnePlus case to see how it was with the White Stone. It's fits perfectly with a slightly larger gap at the bottom compared to my go to case.

I also got the Unicorn Beetle case to work with the White Stone with some modification. Popped out the built in screen protector and used a Dremel to shave off some of the plastic around the screen opening to widen it, allowing it to fit around the protector.

Mikey_1273 likes this.
  16. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2019

Mikey_1273 , Sep 11, 2019 :
    good work. I have the clear OtterBox symmetry case as well as the UAG Plasma series ice case and Ringke Fusion black camo case. I will try those on with the White stone dome when I have mine and get it installed.

Apocalyps_Comet likes this.
  17. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2019

Mikey_1273 , Sep 11, 2019 :
    nice work. When I get my Whitestone dome and get it on I can try the 3 cases I have and post how those fit.

OtterBox symmetry case, clear
    UAG Plasma series, ice
    Ringke fussionX, black camo

Apocalyps_Comet likes this.
  18. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Mikey_1273 , Sep 14, 2019 at 4:30 PM :
    my dome glass came in the post yesterday. unfortunately the installation tray was cracked and the bottom where the phone lays down in is now uneven. not sure if I should try to install it on the phone like that or wait until I see if it should be exchanged. I have a ticket in with Whitestone.
    1568475029304.jpg

AndreDre25 likes this.