Tempered Glass Issue

1. morjesta
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

morjesta , Nov 19, 2014 :
    So, i received my OPO and as i took it out of the box and caressed the Sandstone back for a little bit. I put it on a case and placed a tempered glass. So it would be super protected.

I got the tempered glass from eBay also the TUDIA case.

After several weeks of use I noticed i got a unit with the touchscreen issue. (No yellow issue). While typing the touchscreen will missed typing some of the letters i pressed. So i learned to live with this issue, waiting for the OS update that will fixed it.

So, the update was released at last, i was super excited i didn't waited for it to appear on my OPO and flash it. For my disgrace the issue was persistent. I cursed the nordic GODs for my bad unit.

So i was thinking on a RMA, but after seeing several posts i knew it will be a #@$%. So i had to move on and proceed with my journey.

As i was moving back to my old G3 i started returning back to stock the OPO, and as removed the tempered glass i wanted to make sure i didn't leave any picture or information on my device.

And...

THE TOUCHSCREEN ISSUE WAS GONE!!!!! OMFG!

My touchscreen never had an issue, it was the @#$% tempered glass that was making my OPO's touchscreen act stupid.

So, no more RMA, no more cursing and im finally enjoying my OPO at its fullest.

And for the tempered glass.... it didn't run with the same luck.

So, if you still have the touchscreen and tempered glass issue, it might just be the tempered glass.

Attached Files:

sadem31, Whit3Sh33p, Joyyy and 2 others like this.
  2. ThijsOne+
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

udaykiran1986 likes this.
  3. Driver156
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2014

Driver156 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Weird ! but maybe next time buy decent quality tempered glass screen cover, had mine on from new and no issues at all :) moral of story Don't Be Cheap and buy quality :rolleyes:

eyeung003, luked, trikke4life and 2 others like this.
  4. Hawaiian player
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

Hawaiian player , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Thanks for the information.

morjesta likes this.
  5. bnonymous
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2014

bnonymous , Nov 19, 2014 :
    its from ebay... get one from amazon and a glass that has a name on it so you can scream at them if it doesn't work :)

luked likes this.
  6. flaxx
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

flaxx , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Agreed. The tempered glass protector on both our OPO's have not given us any trouble.

7. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Nov 19, 2014

Dr. Indest , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Then why buy an OPO to begin with, if you don't wanna buy cheap?

rritambhar and Joyyy like this.
  8. dynaguy
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

9. morjesta
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

morjesta , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Ooooooooo_ooh_oooh_cat_shrek.gif

NicolasVR, Joyyy and Dr. Indest like this.
  10. ZakariyyaaR
    Eclair Nov 19, 2014

ZakariyyaaR , Nov 19, 2014 :
    OPO is not cheap. For most people it's a bargain. For some its a new experience and even if the OPO came with a price tag similiar to the S5 and iPhone 6 they'd still buy it. For a few its about developing. For others it could be that feeling of having such a rare and beautiful phone.

Laurens Kata and wedad like this.
  11. SunSpear
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2014

SunSpear , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Because price isn't the only factor. The OPO equals or beats handsets that are double its retail price. That gives it added value, and most certainly doesn't make it cheap.

Having said that, this guy should have bought a Rhino Shield. They're not even that pricey.

luked likes this.
  12. srkovach
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

srkovach , Nov 19, 2014 :
    The cost is low on an OP, that doesn't mean it's "cheap." There's a difference in spending too much money for little value vs spending the right amount of money for a quality product. Since the OP isn't an expensive phone, you should be willing to spend a little bit of money for quality accessories.

eyeung003, rritambhar and SunSpear like this.
  13. slowhand
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

slowhand , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Put an AMFilm plastic screen protector on as soon as I received my OPO. The AMFilm went on flawlessly, without a single blemish, but I intended to replace it with tempered glass. A few weeks later, I got the EZGuardz tempered glass, but the AMFilm seemed so firmly on the screen, I left it on rather than use anything sharp to try to lift it off. I put the tempered glass over it and the screen still looks perfect, but a little glossier. Oddly enough, I cannot detect any loss in screen sensitivity with the two layers, even on the keyboard.

14. jthe111
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2014

jthe111 , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Which tempered glass protector did you purchase out of curiosity? Do you remember the brand?

15. morjesta
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

16. jthe111
    Jelly Bean Nov 19, 2014

17. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Nov 19, 2014

Dr. Indest , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Not cheap but, cheaper than more solid phones. The OPO is simply filled with cyanogen bugs. This is stuff you usually would not see on high end phones. In short, you are buying a buggier phone for the lower price tag. When you buy something of lesser quality for a significantly lower price (1/2 off), it can be called cheap in comparison.

18. fullbanner
    Eclair Nov 19, 2014

fullbanner , Nov 19, 2014 :
    A friend of mine had the exact same problem. We purchased our OPO's in the same day. Then we both purchased the same Tempered Glass Protector(Nillkin 9H). I have installed both screen protectors in the phones. My OPO works flawlessly with the protector. My friend after the protector, he started to have issues opening the quick settings bar. Conclusion both phones have different screen sensivity

19. gabiv
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2014

gabiv , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Nilkin is very good for me, costs a few bucks more, no scratch, little too no prints, I like it. Also have the Nilkin case for it.
    For Canada the phone is not that cheap, I just could not resist the temptation, but the LG phones are cool. I bought a G2 just days before I got the invite. Toys....

20. jmagee
    Froyo Nov 19, 2014

jmagee , Nov 19, 2014 :
    I've got an eBay one and once I was sure all air bubbles where gone it's fine.

To be fair should we need screen protectors when the screen is gorilla glass 3 anyway?