Tempered Glass Screen Protector: How to apply it without air bubbles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwoon
    Froyo Aug 8, 2015

Kwoon , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Same as the title. If I clean the screen and then apply I there will be air bubbles?
    What is the best procedure to avoid air bubbles?
    The screen protector costed me 10€ so I don't want to make a mistake.
    Thanks

2. major90
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2015

major90 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Clean screen good with microfiber cloth. Wash hands with soap and don't towel dry just leave it damp then apply protector on. For me it works

3. sparkie
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2015

sparkie , Aug 8, 2015 :
    The best place to do it is the bathroom. Run a hot shower for a few mins, the steam will bring all the dust down. Start by cleaning the screen with an antistatic wipe, then start applying the screen protector from the top downwards while pealing and use the card that comes with it to squeeze the bubbles out as they form.

Benedikt likes this.
  4. Thephoneofphones
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

Thephoneofphones , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Wash your hands. Antistatic wipe the phone (as stated above). Use a compressed air duster. Then followed by the supplied dust sticker. Use a new micro fiber cloth, not one supplied as those tend to be dusty. Dont remove all the film at once and align properly. Press the top and peel back all the film and let the air bubbles push out. With a little effort, you'll have a fantastic looking phone with no bubbles. Good luck!

5. macem29
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

macem29 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    only did it once with the OP glass SP

like others said, clean phone, clean environment

it basically installed itself, no bubbles, it's way easier than the plastic film type

pa5t1s likes this.
  6. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Aug 8, 2015

pa5t1s , Aug 8, 2015 :
    A lot of good tricks in posts above! Now, I've solved this problem once for all: I bought a 'glass' screen protector. Far better and easier to install, for almost the same price...

WA_Bob likes this.
  7. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

Ian_P , Aug 8, 2015 :
    just remember, you will always have a few minor bubbles (or what appear to be) and will never get it 100% perfect. Usually it will state on the instructions they will drop out over a few days.

I must of installed 20-30+ of these over the years, including the glass ones (which are less prone to bubbling)

8. Funk Wizard
    Moderator Moderator Aug 8, 2015

Funk Wizard , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Just align and place it on top and tap in the middle, the gum would do its work. Ive installed more than 10 till date and there has never been any bubbles

psj2013 and gusuraman like this.
  9. 9774
    Honeycomb Aug 8, 2015

9774 , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Tempered glass will automatically stick to screen when applying... Just clean the screen b4 applying the thing...

10. Tehy
    Froyo Aug 8, 2015

Tehy , Aug 8, 2015 :
    It's much easier than those "normal" screen protectors. Just clean your hands and the screen. Then place it on the screen. If it's one of those I have used, you don't need to worry about air bubbles.

11. Kwoon
    Froyo Aug 8, 2015

Kwoon , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Thank you all. I will try when my device come back from RMA

12. aenews
    KitKat Aug 8, 2015

aenews , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Tempered Glass Screen Protectors almost never bubble up even if you get dust under them. In order to minimize any particles stuck under the glass, wipe it properly with an alcohol wipe and microfiber cloth then dab at the screen with sticker tags (hopefully included with your screen protector) to remove any lingering dust. Then under a plastic shopping bag (which attracts dust due to static electricity), apply the screen protector carefully and make sure it is aligned properly. Don't mess up after getting this far!

13. john3293
    Jelly Bean Aug 8, 2015

14. dadomutuc
    Gingerbread Aug 8, 2015

dadomutuc , Aug 8, 2015 :
    It's not the air bubbles you need to worry about. Those can be "moved" out. It's the dust particles you need to be worried about. Make sure there are none on the screen when you apply the screen protector.

15. paull
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 8, 2015

paull , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Once its cleaned with a microfiber cloth its very easy with tempered protectors because their special coating sticks better than the plastic protectors.

16. dsouza_robin
    Donut Aug 8, 2015

dsouza_robin , Aug 8, 2015 :
    its a technic how u fix it first clean the device than fix it slowly make sure u should be in non dust area

17. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Aug 8, 2015