Tempered screen protector

1. rohitmanikath
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2015

rohitmanikath , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Those who have already bought it, is it necessary to use a screen protector even though we get an inbuilt screen protector??

2. EXAWOLT
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

EXAWOLT , Aug 27, 2015 :
    The only reason to have another protecting film, is if you bear the risk of scratching the screens surface. Otherwishe it's very tolerant as it is

ShaneH2735 likes this.
  3. EXAWOLT
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

EXAWOLT , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Or if you have a reflective screen protector, so that the screen is visible to the direct viewer only.
    Do anything anywhere

4. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Aug 27, 2015

keithnyc , Aug 27, 2015 :
    It's a great temporary screen protector, but if you're like me and prone to knocking your phone around or dropping it, a "tempered glass" screen protector will also act as a shock absorber and take the impact of a hit to the screen (as opposed to your OP taking the full impact). Last year, I dropped my OPO and it hit the side of a container...the tempered glass screen protector cracked, but my OPO screen was protected.
    The tempered glass screen protector sold at the OP store seems very good; I've also heard very good things about some of the brand name tempered glass protectors as well.

5. mikelekos
    Eclair Aug 27, 2015

mikelekos , Aug 27, 2015 :
    I just took out inbuilt one. And put tempered. Just to be sure. Lol

Kalyan SM likes this.
  6. amruthamba fnu
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2015

amruthamba fnu , Aug 27, 2015 :
    For my OPO, i just used whatever came with the phone... i dropped it a lot many times, but it is still safe and very functional..

rohitmanikath likes this.
  7. spot01
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2015

spot01 , Aug 27, 2015 :
    I have orzly tempered glass screen protector on my OPO but haven't had any need of it in the time I've had it.
    Thinking of going naked when I eventually get my hands on a OPT

8. Spectre_Nine
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2015

9. kniVesss
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2015

kniVesss , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Yeah those things are great, I cracked two last year. I just buy any generic brand of eBay for about $3-4, just make sure it says '9h' in the description, and opo2 :).

billq likes this.
  10. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Aug 28, 2015

keithnyc , Aug 28, 2015 :
    agreed.

11. Kalyan SM
    KitKat Aug 28, 2015

Kalyan SM , Aug 28, 2015 :
    Any visible difference in screen clarity with Tempered Glass Screen Protector vs Factory installed one?

Also, is it best to remove the Factory installed screen protector before putting on the Tempered Glass Screen Protector?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions:)

12. Android the Greek
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2015

Android the Greek , Aug 28, 2015 :
    The
    The quality is great for both but already seeing scratches on the preinstalled one that annoy me

13. rweddyco
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2015

rweddyco , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I was wondering the same myself, but with both you would have a noticeable height around the finger print & earpiece/camera area. I also think this would affect touch screen sensitivity.

I am under the impression that factory installed is plastic so I would believe that glass would be better on clarity, sensitivity & durability.

I am installing my Nillkin tempered glass today & I will be removing the factory one.

14. Gassers
    Donut Nov 3, 2015

Gassers , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I find the realise there was a factory installed screen protector so I put the orly tempered glass on the top.

No problem with the sensitivity of the screen and not much height on the home button.

15. rweddyco
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2015

rweddyco , Nov 4, 2015 :
    OK I removed the factory protector... it just a plastic thin protector.
    I have installed the tempered glass and feels soo much better!
    Also seems to be more responsive on both touch & finger print, but this could be placebo since it has only been a few hours....

I will post back after a few days use.

16. sunitoliver
    Donut Nov 4, 2015

sunitoliver , Nov 4, 2015 :
    I installed the oneplus tempered glass protector and seems near impervious to fingerprints and smudges. The factory installed protector was a magnet for those.

17. LeMelly
    Eclair Nov 4, 2015

LeMelly , Nov 4, 2015 :
    I strongly suggest replacing the stock protector with a tempered glass one. The one that comes with it is very soft and is easily scratched. Tempered glass feels better, looks better and serves as a shock absorber when the phone is dropped. I don't really even notice it is on the phone half the time. I bought the OP official one, and it was pretty easy to install. It doesn't add a whole lot of height to the phone, so home button is no problem for me.

18. rweddyco
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2015

rweddyco , Nov 5, 2015 :
    OK after a full 24hrs of use, tempered glass is so much better then stock, feels better, touch is more accurate, fingerprint reader is working better....