Terrible release of the 10.3.0 Oxygen OS via OnePlus 6T

1. patrorian
    Donut Jan 21, 2020

patrorian , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 21, 2020 :
    A lots of feature and function does not work at all. so far, there has not been a fix for it. So fed up that I want to change my beloved 6T McLaren.

Fix the dame bugs soon.

2. Kytharsis
    Nougat Jan 21, 2020

Kytharsis , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Can't fix anything if you don't specify ones that need fixing. ;)

Caomhin, Auristic and Liehjan like this.
  3. patrorian
    Donut Jan 21, 2020

Well, if you are the regular user with 6T and the 10.3.0 and upgraded without issue, then it's lucky you.

But I do have problems and I believe they are known issues. So, if the aftersales support is so good, then someone should have come and answer my issue.

4. Kytharsis
    Nougat Jan 21, 2020

I have a 6, thank you very much. Did you format the device since making this thread?

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  5. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jan 21, 2020

Liehjan , Jan 21, 2020 :
    If you find bugs, report them... That's the only way bugs get's fixed...

6. 2old2soon
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

2old2soon , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 21, 2020 :
    since the update Android Auto is broken. It worked perfectly in my Kia Sportage before but now, after about 4 minutes the car screen freezes. Now, to compound the issue I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Android Auto with the result that it shows up in the list of apps in settings but is not in the app drawer. Help!

7. patrorian
    Donut Jan 21, 2020

That's new. Upgrade then format your device? No, I have not done that. Give me a good practical reason why I have to format my device? And how do I get my device back to where it was before formatting?

8. Kytharsis
    Nougat Jan 21, 2020

With every major update, a factory reset is recommended as a lot of things changed under the hood that work better on a clean system. I've went so far as to reflash the update THEN formatted. Have had zero issues.

Caomhin and patrorian like this.
  9. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2020

2pints , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Updates should be seamless with consumer level products like the OP6T there shouldn't be any need to manually clear the cache/format/rest

patrorian likes this.
  10. patrorian
    Donut Jan 21, 2020

patrorian , Jan 21, 2020 :
    What would happen after factory reset? Will I have to reinstall all apps? Will it delete my in-app data like Chat History? Sorry for asking. This is my first OnePlus phone. And the first time I will do the reset.

11. Kytharsis
    Nougat Jan 21, 2020

That's what "factory reset" means. Resetting the phone to factory settings (which means wiping the data).

12. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Jan 21, 2020

Cervantes , Jan 21, 2020 :
    Hi
    some apps have a backup, for example whatsapp
    for another app you can use Switch and save the file in a usb memory or computer

pablofg1978 and Kytharsis like this.
  13. Ramasubramaniam V Iyer , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :

2old2soon

since the update Android Auto is broken. It worked perfectly in my Kia Sportage before but now, after about 4 minutes the car screen freezes. Now, to compound the issue I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Android Auto with the result that it shows up in the list of apps in settings but is not in the app drawer. Help!​

Try switching off the screen saver. Under display section of settings. This should solve your first issue.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

14. 2old2soon
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

15. 2old2soon
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

2old2soon , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    re the problem of Android Auto freezing the car touch screen, what has worked for me is: Go to play store, find Android Auto, select uninstall. now search your app drawer you should find NO Android Auto. now open settings/ apps and in the list of apps you will find Android Auto. this is because AA is now integrated into Android 10 but the update seems to fail to totally delete any previous versions of AA, (I'm guessing). anyway this has worked for me so far, been using it for about an hour with no problems.

Kytharsis likes this.
  16. 2old2soon
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2020

2old2soon , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    re doing a factory reset. that's a bit drastic IMO. But, if you do, the phone should restore itself, and all your apps etc as long as you've been backing up to your Google account. takes a while to complete, maybe overnight, depends how m much stuff you've got on there. personally I've never found the need to do a factory reset after an update.

17. Kytharsis
    Nougat Jan 22, 2020

Kytharsis , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I do it.

18. patrorian
    Donut Jan 24, 2020

patrorian , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I did the factory reset. Been using for 3 days. Have to restart my phone 3 times now.

No ringtone even though it is on! Once I tried to adjust the volume in Setting, the phone hang!

Another found problem: I could not choose and send my friend a photo via Line. Killed the app > still not working. Restart > Good to go again???

Whoever think he/she plans to do the reset. Think twice. I do not recommend to.

By the way, I heard the update is on its way for 6T. Will see how it goes after update. In the meantime, I wish I could downgrade the OS...[e]1f614[/e][e]1f64f[/e]

19. Kytharsis
    Nougat Jan 24, 2020

Kytharsis , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Did you restore?

20. patrorian
    Donut Jan 24, 2020