Tethering Issues?

1. prabal34
    Eclair Dec 12, 2014

prabal34 , Dec 12, 2014 :
    I just bought this phone less than a week ago. I have a 30 GB plan with AT&T and have the appropriate provisioning to tether. However, the wifi AP drops intermittently across both my laptops. It will be working fine for a few minutes initially and then windows reports that it is having connectivity issues. I have to turn off tether and then turn it back on again. This keeps going for hours on end.

When I switch my sim card back to my MOTO G (cracked but working screen) all my tethering issues go away. I believe there is something wrong with either the hardware or the software on this ONEPLUS phone. Is anyone else having the same issues? How did you get past it?

Can I (Should I) return this phone due to this issue? Tethering problems is an absolute deal breaker for me as I travel for work and need to have connectivity at all times around the clock.

2. prabal34
    Eclair Dec 12, 2014

prabal34 , Dec 12, 2014 :
    I am also having issues with the camera not working after a while and the phone also stops going into landscape mode. All of these issues require a complete shut down and then restart. It then will randomly stop working again (takes minutes to hours for issues to show up again)

3. prabal34
    Eclair Dec 22, 2014

prabal34 , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Looks like my tethering starts having issues when I receive a text or call. I have tried all settings, modes, and security (or no security).

4. prabal34
    Eclair Dec 31, 2014

prabal34 , Dec 31, 2014 :
    I was away for the holidays when they responded. They automatically marked it as closed and shut me out of the ticket. Horrible service. I have to start all over. They wanted a video to prove what was going on first. So i have to go develop that first!!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

5. prabal34
    Eclair Jan 8, 2015

prabal34 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Here is a link to videos. First shows how my camera stops working and my intermittent tethering issues. The second video shows how my wifi locks up. Hardware lockups require reboot or a shutdown to fix. The tethering issue cannot be resolved.

First Video - Camera crashes and Tethering issues

Second Video - Wifi Stops working

6. chaudhari.chetan
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2015

7. naveskum
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2015

naveskum , Nov 5, 2015 :
    I have issues with internet tethering via USB or wifi. I don't have internet connectivity issue in mobile however when i connect via mobile tethering internet wont work in other device. Please give solution for same. I frequently use this tethering option. flash wont work in camera App. correct this issue.