TGIF! One Invite to Giveaway in < 2 Hrs

1. sreeraj
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

sreeraj , Sep 5, 2014 :
    So I ended up getting one more invite from Oneplus team to purchase the 64GB Sandstone variant of OPO. Since I have already purchased one, I am going to share this invite with one lucky Forum member. The invite is gonna expire in <24 hrs (So the winner will have to claim it ASAP!!). I'll keep this thread open only for couple of hours Starting @ 17:30 GMT.

Coz I won this invite as part of OPO's Bangalore fan gathering event, and also coz Oneplus is gearing up to launch this device in India shortly, all I want you to do is to post the most interesting thing that you've heard about 'India'. One random entry(among the relevant entries) will win the invite [The userID of the winner will be updated below].

So hurry up!! :)

Edit:
    So Many wonderful responses, I wish I had so many invites to give away. :( Thanks to everyone who participated!

Winner: @stephenmagee

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

2. marco.barbieri
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

3. felixbyu
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

felixbyu , Sep 5, 2014 :
    [true story] My dad couldn't eat any spicy food in the past..
    One time, he had a work trip to go to India. Since he couldn't stand the spicy food in India, he chose to eat at McDonald's. To his surprise, even the burgers at McDonald's was spicy... He didn't wanna waste any food, so he took an hour sitting at an airport and finished his spicy burger..
    Since then, he said he could stand spicy food! (but not really hahaha)

4. cyclops_07
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

cyclops_07 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Many Indians find toilet paper repellent and consider it cleaner to splash water with the left hand in the appropriate direction. Consequently, the left hand is considered unclean and is never used for eating.f

5. pfrancescutti
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2014

pfrancescutti , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Hey my S2 died yesterday and I'm scrambling to get a replacement. Throw this poor chump a bone?

Good Karma heading your way :)

6. mokasyn
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

mokasyn , Sep 5, 2014 :
    The Spring festival Holi. Best festival ever and the main reason why I want to visit India

7. arpsachin2
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2014

8. wipe0
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

wipe0 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I have heard that taxi drivers need to change new taxi meter's.

9. theitester
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

theitester , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I saw a lot about natural agriculture in India in the documentary "Good Food Bad Food" was really interesting!

10. hdidwania
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

11. Mehulkumar patel
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

12. RandolBerru
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

13. marco.barbieri
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

14. Markox89
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

Markox89 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    India hosted the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, but has never hosted the Olympic Games.

I'd love to have an invite :))

15. jpetru1
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

jpetru1 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I watched a documentary about Navi Mumbai a city built near the "original" Mumbai to overcome the problem. Pretty fascinating.

16. Kerzenflamme
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

Kerzenflamme , Sep 5, 2014 :
    my friend spent some time in india and apparently if you go to the hairdressers its customary to get a free head and neck massage and also shave if you are a guy! and obviously only a tenth of the price in europe. :p

17. havocxtreme
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

havocxtreme , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I've worked with some of the smarts technology oriented individuals, all from India. They are not only talented, but extremely kind people.Some of the best technology education programs in the world.

18. Kyan
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

19. tadejmrak
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

20. Tejan Goel
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2014

Tejan Goel , Sep 5, 2014 :
    i m an indian so i can state 500 things still i will have 500 more(yes, a wink to a guys who will remember the song "i m gonna be" by the proclaimers)
    but the said thing is beneath all the glitz ,happiness and the diversity of people here, there is the underlying problem of poverty,destitution and corruption
    street food is awesome though

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014