TGIF! One Invite to Giveaway in < 2 Hrs

1. Arshik
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

Arshik , Sep 5, 2014 :
    The trains, cars in general (class general), if there are no seats available, people quietly go on the luggage rack. Tested on my own experience - on the luggage rack can hold up to 3 people + luggage =)
    In class sleeper cars on the two side shelves can hold up to 5 people - two on the top, 3 on the bottom and in the reserved seat where we are going in Russia, four, 6 shelves here but sleep and sit on them, six, and 9-10 people and a bunch of sleep, sleep well in the aisles on the floor and in the vestibules of the toilets and entrances. Each car on the 2 types of toilets - western style (toilet) and Indian (a hole in the floor).

2. Spectre51
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2014

3. schkopp
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

schkopp , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Alcohol consumption is banned in five Indian states; drinking age varies from 18 to 30 in the others.

4. thehip222
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

thehip222 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I find the village of Shani Shingnapur to be the most interesting. The houses don't have doors and the people don't keep anything locked. This could never happen in any other place!!!

5. TazDev
    Jelly Bean Sep 5, 2014

TazDev , Sep 5, 2014 :
    I heard that cows wander the streets untouched and some people worship rats. :)

6. wibble1
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

wibble1 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    India has (to my knowledge) never invaded another country. Peace not war people!
    :)

[Disclaimer: India refers to the country with it's current boarder. I do not refer to 100's of years ago the area was a collection of kingdoms.]

7. Alessio.de
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

8. Klaxa
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

Klaxa , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Indira Gandhi: India's first and only female Prime Minister. Assassinated in 1984.

9. maxu007
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

10. stephenmagee
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

stephenmagee , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Many Indian wives will never say their husband’s name aloud, as it is a sign of disrespect. When addressing him, the wife will use several indirect references, such as “ji” or “look here” or “hello,” or even refer to him as the father of her child.
    I had an invite, but gave it to my dad as his phone was dying. I'd love it if you could send one my way!

11. xperte
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

12. Kvazquez
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2014

Kvazquez , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Most interesting thing about India there women are beautiful and not all are hairy!

13. Tsi
    Froyo Sep 5, 2014

Tsi , Sep 5, 2014 :
    "Be the Change You Want to See in The World" Mahatma Gandhi

14. realPino
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

realPino , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Hi,
    the most impressive for me is, that most indians don't eat beef, because of their holy cows.
    Don't even think about touching a cow ;)
    But India is one of the biggest suppliers of beef ...
    So, would you like to supply me an invite? :D

15. gooobiePLS
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2014

gooobiePLS , Sep 5, 2014 :
    The most interesting thing... The awesome cart food they have... that no foreigner should eat! LOL... stomach flu much? :(

16. apelann
    Jelly Bean Sep 5, 2014

17. michelvdven
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

michelvdven , Sep 5, 2014 :
    Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one night stand
    But I still need love, 'cause I'm just a man
    These nights never seem to go to plan
    I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand

Oh, won't you, stay with me
    'Cause you're all I need
    This ain't love, it's clear to see
    But darling, stay with me

Why am I so emotional
    No it's not a good look, gain some self control
    Deep down I know this never works
    But you can lay with me, so it doesn't hurt

'Cause you're all I need

'Cause you're all I need

'Cause you're all I need

18. dsuneel52
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2014

dsuneel52 , Sep 5, 2014 :
    most interesting in India is "Pathetic traffic ". Recent awareness program from Aamir Khan..

19. PennAsn
    Eclair Sep 5, 2014

PennAsn , Sep 5, 2014 :
    A friend of mine from college once spent the better part of 6 months in India studying tabla and he's quite adventurous in general. At some point during his trip, he came down with some severe food poisoning and remembered at some point through his sick haze lying on the floor shaking in a cold sweat because he was so sick. He managed to get through it but upon returning to the US, his physician told him he had more than a dozen parasites in his body. Despite that harrowing experience, the trip is still one of his best memories and it shows in his tabla playing. He said he met some of the best people in the world there would leap at the chance to go again.

Here's hoping!

20. JaneOne
    Donut Sep 5, 2014

thehip222 likes this.