Thank you. For everything.

1. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Jul 30, 2020

Carl , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Community_ThankYou_Nord_1080x520.jpg

The title says it all.

From the moment we debuted our first Instagram post under the OnePlusLiteZThing name (we still think that was genius, by the way), we’ve been overwhelmed by your support. If you’re reading this, you’re the reason our community is a special place and continues to make us a better OnePlus each and every day.

This might be hard to believe, but turn the clock back about seven months and we didn’t have our product figured out, we didn’t have a team, and we didn’t really have a plan. All we knew was that we wanted to go back to some of the earliest ideas we had at OnePlus by delivering a great product at a reasonable price. In the end, we came up with a device that’s pretty much everything you could ask for. At a pretty great price.

Before we showed you our newest smartphone, we gave you a name – Nord. For many of you, that was all you needed to join us on this new direction. Each and every leap of faith warmed our hearts – we know it’s not every day you’re asked to pre-order something based on a name alone. But then again, Nord isn’t your everyday smartphone…

Now, we had an inkling you’d be fond of OnePlus Nord, but not like this. Your excitement and willingness and join us on this new journey was so powerful, it even broke records. Here’s a list of everything we’ve accomplished so far, together:
    • We gained over 1 million followers on Instagram in less than a month (it must have been the memes…)
    • Nord received 4.1 million ‘notify me’ requests on Amazon India (the most in Amazon history for a smartphone) and was also the most pre-booked smartphone on Amazon India. Ever.
    • 620,000 of you tuned in to our launch event at one time, and over 6 million of you watched it in total
    • The New Beginnings documentary will be featured on Amazon Prime Video across the globe
    • Nord achieved the highest Google Trends queries in India for any OnePlus product
    • On launch day, our India product page received the highest number of page views in OnePlus history (40% higher than our previous record)
    Basically, a lot of you like Nord. And yes, all of this has come before general sales.

OnePlus Nord is pretty much everything you could ask for. You’ll see for yourself on August 4.

2. deep0611
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

3. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2020

4. manojsurya99

herget, 3rick, imtiazpasha76 and 5 others like this.
  5. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 30, 2020

6. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 30, 2020

AbhilashSaikia , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I wish I could thank you but, we need better Customer Support.

Anyway, congratulations! Let's see if the Nord is really worth the hype and buzz.

7. AKHI326
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

AKHI326 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Shed some light on indian preorders,there are so many questions by your community members ,but none of you clarifying it @Pete

8. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 30, 2020

9. Girish.Pranav

10. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 30, 2020

11. mrsteve1
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

mrsteve1 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I received mine a couple of days ago and so far like the phone. It's narrower than my OP 6T which makes it easier to use one handed. Your marketing was great as usual but you really should have made choosing the free gift more obvious, people paid £20 for the pre orders before details of the phone were even announced. You said you wanted to reward loyalty. Buds is a good way of doing that but a case feels likes bit of a disappointment knowing you could have had buds. Maybe think again before doing this again in future. 🧐

SujayBK, jayesh1440, Laree and 10 others like this.
  12. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 30, 2020 :

Please address the issues🙏 Coz the people whom you are so proud of buying the phones, will start complaining as soon as the issues start to arise. You have hit the mid-range segment market now and there are lots and lots of people who are buying this.

13. AKHI326
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

herget likes this.
  15. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

nerdkabir , Jul 30, 2020 :
    How I wish that it was Indeed a good Launch of the most awaited line of phone by OnePlus. They Hype it generated, was immensely well received, all over the globe. I sold my OnePlus 6t a day before the Launch as i was certain that OnePlus was going to knock it out off the park. I bought the AR Launch Invite, bought the Preorder with full enthusiasm. But it all turned out to be a Huge let down. Here are the reasons why, Inspite of 1300+ messages in the “OnePlus Nord: Availability in India” Thread of all the Loyal Customers facing huge concerns: (NONE OF THEM WERE SOLVED OR EVEN ADDRESSED):

1) The Preorders: The word preorder conveyed only one meaning to all of us, that its an advance amount to prebook our OnePlus Nord Phone. The excitement of getting our hands first before others was the exciting part, beside the goodies OnePlus was offering. But all went in the drain as soon as @Joel Jacob announced that preorders doesn’t guarantees that a phone has been reserved for us.

2) Gifts Not Worth 5000inr: @Joel Jacob also wrote “we assure you, the gift box value is worth more than 5000inr”. If that really is the case, please help us understand the Math: if a preorder buyer buys Oneplus Nord, and they opt for GIFT BOX 1: Bluetooth bullets wireless z 1999+ A Nord sandstone case worth 790 and 500rs coupon which can be used only on oneplus.in (and no clarity on the caveat here, like may be 500rs can only be availed if you shop for a certain amount, etc etc), so total amount of gift box 1 is 3289 inr. If the customer choses GIFT BOX 2: Wireless bullet version 1 2999+ a nord sandstone case worth 790, total is 3789. So @Carl @Joel Jacob , please help us 1000’s of Indian Consumers and loyal fans that how does this math work?

3) 499 non-redeemable: @Joel Jacob also mentioned that the Preorder amount is non-redeemable. Now why is that? We Preordered the phone and not the gift boxes, we paid believing that a Oneplus nord is going to be reserved for all the Preorder buyers, as it was a lottery kind of system, it wasn’t an open sale. We waited for ages, set many alarms to buy the preorders. But the amount being not adjusted in the final amount of Nord at the time of purchase is very hurtful andis a huge disappointment.

4) First Gift Box: it has got an Invite Card with a message on it: “Hey, theres a OnePlus Nord with your name on it”, if this message doesn’t mean that a phone has been reserved for you, then We are stupid and really fools to even believe in OnePlus in the first place, to be loyal for years. We thought we all will get a window or an invite code on our ID’s as we were the few (1000’s) lucky ones to have placed the ‘OnePlus Nord Preorders” as it got sold out within a few minutes. But we were treated just like everyone out there, who didn’t purchase a preorder. Than what was the difference? Why ? Also note: When I successfully purchased the Preorder and I happened to read the T&C there, was clearly meantioned that the surprise gift box will contain “headphones wireless bullets z version” and a nord sandstone case, which was conveniently later changed to “wireless headpones bullet verion 1”, Still, the math is incorrect, how is it worth 5000 Rupees? Please help us understand that.

5) Your Customer care support is terrible. Have shot several emails and tried to connect to chat support, every medium failed. Not a single acknowledgement or reply I received from OnePlus support. Never could get through. This was unbelievable. I understand that these are Pandemic times and worksforce is affected, but no response for 2 weeks? How do you explain that? Imagine someone whose livelihood depends on this phone and your customer care takes ages to even respond, forget servicing their phones. Painful.

I so so wanted to buy the Nord but the experience of not just me but thousands out there, has been terribe, I’m being really kind here when i say ‘terrible’. The faith in OnePlus now has been Broken. And you can’t replace it like you do for your Phones.

Just hope that this message is being read by the right people and they really understand that this has been a terrible experience when it comes to “PREORDER”. The AR Launch was amazing and was something i will cherish. Just out of words now, have said enough. Peace out ✌🏻.

( Note: Some people also asked me to add a point of “AR Launch Invite guaranting Amazon gift card upto 1000rs”. I think that is too much to ask and also unethical. Cauz everyone got a chance at “Spin and Win” and got a chance to win cashback of 200,500,750,1000 as cashback, and other few bumper prizes. I understand the Caveat of “only applicable on buying Nord” may be a catch not everyone liked. But than to OnePlus’s point, what ever cashback you gonna get “after purchasing OnePlus Nord” is going to be in the form of Gift Card itself. So i would say the devil is in the details. Hence didn’t put it up there in the above issues. Else the above mentioned points are a clear breach of Trust of Loyal OnePlus customers).

nerdkabir
    TechTalks

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020

16. mspatil.92
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2020

mike_krb likes this.
  17. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 30, 2020 :
    The title you wrote seems familiar 😂🤦🏻‍♂️ I guess I read it on breakup quotes 😂😜

19. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2020

20. sankartk
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

sankartk , Jul 30, 2020 :
    i need JerryRigEverything case for my nord.It's showing unavailable in OnePlus.in.Please help.

21. Moin2200
    KitKat Jul 30, 2020

Moin2200 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Sadly I revieced my nord and it has screen issues...