Thank you, OnePlus Community! A New Chapter

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Jan 7, 2020

Ruby G. , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Friends,

For the past 1200+ days, I’ve had the incredible honor of serving you. As my time here draws to a close, I’d love to reflect and give a few shoutouts. I started in the OnePlus 3 era as a copywriter, and was privileged to learn from some of the earliest team members (@Emmanuel and @Adam Krisko, to name a few). Since that time, we as a community have experienced so many changes, new technologies, and fun moments together. If you could join me for walk down memory lane, here are 10 of my favorites:

Working with OnePlus, in a company that is always moving at full speed to bring better product experiences, there were days that felt long and challenging. But I count myself fortunate that I always had your support; every encouraging comment, every kindly written PM was a respite for me. And your eventual excitement for a new device release, and satisfaction with new product developments, made every moment of hard work worth it.

There was also the daily joy of logging in and getting tagged in/reading content from you guys: the sharing threads from @Wonderwoman13 (Little Beans!) and @YRJ, delightful satire from @Cheetosdust and @Baymax , the photography delights from @script @cdnfarmer @Shivang Joshi @NeVeR_SeTTLe. (This part could go on forever, there are so many users that deserve a shoutout.)

As I’ve said time and time again, OnePlus users are the lifeblood of these forums. You are what makes our corner of the internet so special. And thank you, for making my time with OnePlus unforgettable.

After January 9, I will transition to an alt account so that I can enjoy life as a civilian on the OnePlus forums. (Looking forward to being as cheeky or salty as I please.) So starting this Friday, this staff account will no longer be active. Never fear though - if there’s any unresolved matters from NA community, please email community@oneplus.com and some awesome folks (@dsmonteiro @Crystal Z. @Trista W. and @Amanda W.) will take care of you.

Over the next few months, there will be some new faces who will join to help continue the work of building our community in the North America region. I'm confident that their passion will bring some great innovations to the OnePlus Community. With a foreknowledge of all of that OnePlus has in store, I look with excitement towards the future, knowing that everything will only get bigger and better from this point on.

Never Settle.

2. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 7, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Erm...?
    Wait. .. What...?

Have to let that sack a moment...

Okay...

@Ruby G.

Whatever you're up to...?
    I wish you all the best and hope you

every once and awhile around here... :D

Looking forward to that... ;)

3. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 7, 2020

4. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Jan 8, 2020

Baymax , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Your contributions to OnePlus will never be forgotten.

Also you'll forever be a OnePlus singer at Baby Grand
    @luigimario @cdnfarmer @Kytharsis

Wishing you the best in your new ventures. :)

Vansh99, MosheG1, luxuskamel and 20 others like this.
  5. Android450
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2020

Android450 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Ruby! Thanks for everything you've done these past few years You won't be forgotten, not like you'll let us if you pop in from time to time :p

I wanted to thank you for your kindness and enthusiasm you've shown this whole community it was a pleasure getting to meet and work with you over the last year.

The best to your future endeavors you'll have this hamster cheering you on!! :D
    HamsterDance.gif

Never Settle!

6. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jan 8, 2020

Trista W. , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Thanks to all your company, empathy and encouraging words during my first months here. I have to say, I got touched a lot by Ruby's passion, optimism, hard work and excellent professional skills. For a long while, you have been my beacon and it's a great fortune to have you as a teammate. Wherever you go, all the best!:kissingheart:

7. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 8, 2020

meatandy , Jan 8, 2020 :
    We wish you all the best wherever your future journey leads you .

Hope to see you around
    the forums soon®®™ :p
    @Ruby.94 :D

8. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 8, 2020

luigimario , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Dear Ruby,

Although everyone will be glad to chat with you when you pop in from time to time, you will be greatly missed around the forums as the best facilitator of community engagement and togetherness.

All your fun games, contests, and other threads helped bring so many people together to get to know each other and have a fun time. Your kindness and willingness to help people with their problems brightened many people's days, and your creativity for new ways to engage the community were always will received.

While OnePlus will be losing a great asset, I'm sure they are more than grateful for all your contributions just like us members of the community are.

All the best in your future endeavors! You'll always have a home at OnePlus and in our hearts!

PS- I totally agree with @Baymax, Baby Grand and the OnePlus singers will never forget you!

PPS- @meatandy you just couldn't help yourself tagging the wrong Ruby could you? :p

9. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 8, 2020

meatandy , Jan 8, 2020 :
    It could be her new account handle.:cool:

10. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jan 8, 2020

luigimario , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Sharp eyes. Must have been created recently with zero posts so far.

MosheG1, Ruby G., puccellino and 8 others like this.
  11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2020

G_plusone , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Ruby G

You are one of the reasons why I continued using the forums
    We will miss you very much in the forums.
    Dosa, Pokemon and Dragon Ball gifs remind me of you.
    Will miss the sweet Ruby.
    Looking forward to sassy salty and cheeky Ruby :cool:
    All The Best for your Future @Ruby G. :)

MosheG1, The1Lion, Ruby G. and 13 others like this.
  12. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jan 8, 2020

Starcommander , Jan 8, 2020 :
    I
    @Ruby G. You are the best human I met on this forums. You were my favorite staff member along with @Hee H.

You inspired me to be kind and humble to fellow community members. Your bitmoji thread is still one of my favorite places on this forums.
    This forum is not just another forums. I am upset to see you leave 🥺
    Whenever someone will say about Dosa, I will remember you!

All I can say is good luck to your future.
    Please keep visiting the forums 😔😔😞😞😞🥺🥺🥺

MosheG1, The1Lion, Ruby G. and 14 others like this.
  13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jan 8, 2020

Dresa91 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    wait,...what,....no?!
    This can’t be true:(!

All the best for you @Ruby G. !:)
    It was a pleasure to get in touch with you:) Thanks for your engagement, for everything you did:)
    I will miss you!

MosheG1, The1Lion, Ruby G. and 13 others like this.
  14. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2020

MosheG1, The1Lion, Ruby G. and 10 others like this.
  15. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Jan 8, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Ruby, Thank you for everything you do for us here. You brought many of us together through your contests, writing and even at events. You are kind , caring and as @Trista W. Said, a beacon ... I would add " in this community. " You always had our best interest at heart and helped out answering questions and guiding us.

You touched and enhanced many people lives as you can see here by what everyone writes. If you ever forget, please come back and read this thread or send us a message. You'll be greatly missed but someone is going to be Soo fortunate to get a hard working, kind, thoughtful professional . Hopefully, We will see you around here often. ;)

Maybe we should have a reunion of the OnePlus singers at the Baby Grand. What do you think @luigimario @Baymax @Drewbikscube @Ruby G. ?

Thanks for all your great contributions in the forum and the positive effects in our lives. Btw some of our interactions and some projects led to meeting other people in the forum that played a big part in helping me through tough times. So a special thanks to you Ruby!!!.

All the best in your future endeavours. Along with hamster @Android450 you will have this cdn cheering you on. Take care Ruby.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020

16. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2020

YRJ , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Dear @Ruby G. ,
    Thank you for your time on the forums! I still remember you facilitated the first ever weekend fun time I hosted and it's been all smiles since then.

Tbh, I still cannot imagine that it is over. Your contributions to this community and how you transitioned from a copywriter to thinker of content and finally NA Community Manager, will never be forgotten.
    From the little that I know of you, I can say, you are a wonderful human being, your efforts in strengthening the NA community are commendable. Above all, you are a great friend!

If it weren't for you, and your interesting ideas and contests, I could never imagine myself logging in here everyday. You helped shape a sustainable future for the community forums.

I hope you will pop in from time to time, maybe just say hi or talk about how you liked it the last time you ate dosa at the new Indian place....
    I will miss your 'Just for fun' threads.

The End of an Era. A great one. Indeed.

Whatever you do going forward, I wish you all the best and hope you succeed always.
    All I can say for now is, Thank You!

Best Regards,
    Y

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020

17. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2020

MosheG1, The1Lion, Ruby G. and 10 others like this.
  18. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 8, 2020

19. Android450
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2020

MosheG1, puccellino, script and 4 others like this.
  20. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 8, 2020