2. Skf123
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2014

Skf123 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    If he/she is being serious would you consider the offer? Lol

deejay01 likes this.
  3. PALADIS
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

PALADIS , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Wait what I thought this was a video game.... Dang what have I been doing with my time.

to infinity and BEYOND!!!!!!!!!

4. xrelic
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

xrelic , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Things are heating up since other companies will be releasing new phones but idk if the price will be as good as this one

5. Selkal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2014

Selkal , Jul 16, 2014 :
    A "manifesto" from a member since 6/15. If there ever was a case for TL;DR, this is one.

btw - fwiw, i did read the thread - truly written by someone with a 06/15 sign up perspective. Buh Bye now.

6. wildio
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

wildio , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Not a startup no matter what they say. Do some research, you'd be surprised.

7. inforone
    Froyo Jul 16, 2014

inforone , Jul 16, 2014 :
    But I want my phone now!
    Chill man. Its just a phone. There will be something better coming out everyb3 months from here to eternity. Go buy your G3 or note 4 and enjoy.

sjketchen, deejay01 and xrelic like this.
  8. mkrmec
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2014

mkrmec , Jul 16, 2014 :
    You people need to get a life, it's a phone, it means nothing in the bigger picture.

sjketchen likes this.
  9. Gamusicman
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

Gamusicman , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I do agree with the point that IF OP is going to hold themselves out as a "Flagship Killer" then they can't also cloak themselves with the mantra of "we are just a startup". Flagship killer means, killing flagships, being better, faster, cheaper, leaner, etc.

I have a buddy who started a company in his basement and never refused a sale because he couldn't fulfill an order....

I think OP will be fine, especially if they have deep pockets, and the phones look really good. But it shouldn't have surprised them that with the slogan of "Flagship Killer", the phone specs, and the phone pricepoint, that word would get out....especially since they were already manufacturing for the Chinese market...

deejay01 likes this.
  10. nefftizzy
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2014

11. deejay01
    KitKat Jul 16, 2014

deejay01 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Okay, heavily backed offshoot of OPPO. Going after market share outside of China, and bringing attention to OPPO as well. Still. $350 phone with these specs. Things are picking up production wise finally. Just be a little more patient, or go elsewhere.

12. xtl1981
    Donut Jul 16, 2014

xtl1981 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I'll give u 2 likes if I can.

13. rahulapatel
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

rahulapatel , Jul 16, 2014 :
    You posted your opinion and I respect all opinions, good or bad. But what I do not respect is you calling everyone else idiots who decide to wait. Its simple, Nobody has tied you down or forced you to wait so its your choice and similarly the people who chose to wait are doing so by choice.

One of the prominent reason people (including myself) are willing to wait is that for the price, hands down you cannot buy a better phone in the market right now.

On top of that, you use the example of Apple and iphone fans lining up outside stores for 2 days, well I don't know how old you are or how long you have been familiar with the tech/mobile industry but when iphone 4 came out, people waited more than 2 weeks daily running into stores even after having already paid. I am a Apple hater but my girlfriend at that time could not have anything but iphone so it took me almost a month to get her iphone 4 even though my credit card was debited a month ago. And no, they didnt say the delivery truck broke down, they just didnt say ANYTHING. People were made to wait like fools.

In conclusion, leave if you want, its your choice... but do not call people names because they dont make the same choice as you.

14. rahulnigam
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

whitecalvus likes this.
  15. copolii
    Froyo Jul 16, 2014

copolii , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Totally agreed. I signed up, made a few posts and then just left. If I get an invite before I've spent my budget on the next flagship, then I'll buy. Otherwise this moronic marketing campaign can suck it.

There are better ways to not be stuck with 5 million unsold phones. Take pre orders. Take a deposit. Sell the phone. If someone changes their mind they lose the deposit.

I got my invite last week, Thursday. I bought the phone and was given only an 'express' shipping option ... it's not here yet. Fedex takes 2 days to express ship something from LA to Vancouver. I follow the tracking number given to me and it says the package, MY package, was delivered to Brampton, ON (almost on the other side of Canada). Then on my rant thread someone said 2 days after that delivery he got his phone. Customer service wants me to talk to DHL. DHL says there's no shipment for me. I'm left wondering if this kind of shit is considered 'proper business etiquette' in China ... but I'm already sure this bullshit is not acceptable anyway.
    I'd really like to know exactly what the **** the philosophy of this business model is. People are shoving their money in your ******* face. Take it. Make some ******* money.

16. RedFable93
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2014

RedFable93 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    While not willing to go that far, i would do something crazy

17. copolii
    Froyo Jul 16, 2014

copolii , Jul 16, 2014 :
    That doesn't justify anything. Nobody should have to wait. This is an idiotic system.

18. damian_44
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2014

damian_44 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    Expansys has the Galaxy S4 and HTC M7 GPe for cheap. Plus, the LG G3 is a winner.

19. dwaynea
    Eclair Jul 16, 2014

20. Al52025
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2014