The app that changed "it"!

1. mlulic
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2019

mlulic , Sep 27, 2019 :
    Hello all!

We have all noticed that a lot of people use different apps for different stuff, but most of us never gave a shot to try them out, and see what's the deal with it. Why do you use XYX music player instead of YXY? Why do you use ZAZ launcher instead of AZA launcher? This is how I got the idea for this topic...

Let's try to make an optimal OnePlus app set, in order to ease up the search for others!

[​IMG]

The idea would be to post the reply with the application where the first line is the application type; below that just nuke the description and the Google Play URL so we can check it out.

Let's give it a shot, and see what can we do!

2. mlulic
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2019

mlulic , Sep 27, 2019 :
    APP TYPE: BROWSER

I would like to start with an app that has really blown me away, and it's a simple but powerful browser which has everything!

There are not many browsers which support 90Hz refresh rate, even Chrome is locked; and let's not mention the amount of new "secure" and "private" browsers available today. Brave browser is certainly one of those, but still you need to earn points, it's not really that light on the size, and the icon just makes you say "Pls no".

I would like to present the app which I accidentally stumbled upon (it has a free version, and a paid version; and I assure you, it's worth the money); probably the best yet mobile browser: Frost!

[​IMG]
    As it states, Frost+ is the best private tabbed web browser for Android, with a hidden, password protected image and bookmark vault as well as extensive privacy features

Now, this thing is a beast when it comes to privacy. Sensitive stuff is always password protected within the browser itself, there is no saving anything until YOU approve it; ad blocking works like a charm, default search engine is DuckDuckGo, it's fast as hell, limits access to insecure certificate webpages with prompting, and after using it for a few minutes you get the feeling how it's quite elegant when you get used to it.

I have tried at least 20 different browsers before this one; and I believe I have found the one I will stick to permanently. Neither of ones I have tried had it all... Collecting tons of history, cookies, glitches, slow loading, etc... Absolutely no issues here. Once you exit the app, all is cleaned!

Another thing which is worth mentioning, every reported bug is addressed in a swift manner, and you get personally contacted by the developer, so they are really working on this thing like it should be done; and I do hope they get the credit and acknowledgement they deserve!

Feel free to try it out for yourself with free version, I think you will be positively surprised!

3. akp2016
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

akp2016 , Sep 27, 2019 :
    APP: KLWP

Yes Kustom Can, Custom Live Wallpaper Creator, Your Style, Endless possibilities

Make your Android Launcher look unique with Kustom the most powerful Live Wallpaper creator ever! Use its awesome WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to create you own designs and display any data you need, at once, and with wonderful animations too! If you were looking for Rainmeter or Conky on Android, this is it! Need just widget but as powerful? Check out KWGT.

With Kustom you can create customized watches like Digital and Analog Clocks (with seconds hand), Animated Patterns, Live Map background, Weather Widget, Material Wallpaper, Text Wallpaper, sophisticated CPU/Memory meters, randomly changing images, scrolling images, gyroscopic effects, astronomical data and much much more. Imagination is the limit.

4. mlulic
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2019

5. nizamsyed786
    Froyo Nov 7, 2019

nizamsyed786 , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    App Type Browser!!!

I used many browsers for downloading , surfing web but none of them were my favourite except Opera Mini with VPN . Yeah it is inbuilt with VPN And Also with a Powerfull AD Blocker.

Chrome can't block ads but Opera Mini will do
    1573102360256.jpg

1573102360281.jpg

6. Last edited: Nov 7, 2019

7. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2019

BYG BYRD , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    PicsArt Changed whole [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]2665[/e]️

These are Mine on OnePlus 6 ....i created over whole night
    1573106917308.jpg

1573106917360.jpg

1573106917399.jpg

8. MosheG1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 7, 2019 :
    I'm a big fan of Pocket casts for my podcasts, you can create a free account and sign in on any device and have all your podcasts there waiting for you. you can also control the playback speeds it will even cut out the lulls in the conversations and it will even automatically cut out the intro to the podcast to save literal hours of your time if you are a big podcast user. it will tell you how many hours you've listened to and how many you have saved with their time saving features.

I've currently listened to about 8 hours worth of podcasts and have saved around 6 hours! that's a lot of time!

1573108017000.jpg

9. Pranjal.Goel.16 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 7, 2019 :
    APP TYPE: MUSIC PLAYER
    I use Black Player as my default music player. I've used couple others also including Poweramp pro but didn't like them personally.

Blackplayer is best because :

- Customisable themes
    - Material Design
    - Shuffle music based on your listening habits
    - Sleep timer
    - Add any option to the now playing screen
    - Regular updates and new features every month
    - Option of Crossfade audio also available.
    - Great Equaliser
    - Interactive UI
    - Free version is available
    - Allow to revamp almost all the settings you can wish for.

Link - https://bit.ly/2pFoMwq

1573108202944.jpg

1573108202975.jpg

1573108202905.jpg

1573108203040.jpg

1573108202855.jpg

10. Ravi Krishan Meena
    Eclair Nov 7, 2019

13. Akshaysarode31
    Donut Nov 7, 2019

14. F1573117139734
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2019

15. Syed Afzan
    Donut Nov 7, 2019

Syed Afzan , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 7, 2019 :
    APP: Boost (for reddit)

It's reddit, but with more features and customizability, there are many features to brag about but the one I like the most is hiding posts after seeing them
    1573117924308.jpg

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 7, 2019 :
    most music player apps are just a skin for the built-in music player. This means that they will all use about the same amount of battery power. also, the player has nothing to do with what type of headphone you use it won't make any difference whatsoever

so what makes Stello any different than any other music player?

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 7, 2019

theshinybeast , Nov 7, 2019 :
    Good man. Common sense and a bit of knowledge go a long way. Both of which have been lacking on here for years.

18. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

App Type: Music Player
    POWERAMP
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer

No, this doesn't go against what I just said above. PowerAmp has its own Codecs and its own playback code. It doesn't use the OS media player like all the rest (VLC also has its own codecs). PowerAmp doesn't try to stream, doesn't play video, doesn't engage in social media or any of that sort. It's just the best music player ever.

It plays any audio format, even playing video formats as audio. It supports high resolution audio files as well as high resolution audio hardware. It can support freaky visualizers, the ROM's EQ, Viper, or its own EQ (or tone controls, reverb, limiter, etc), integration with Tasker, whatever media buttons you have, and has a great "swipe to next track" that's great in the car. You can even cast your music to a Chromecast and use Google Home to change tracks!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019

19. Kenshi_blind_MDYH , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 7, 2019 :
    elanglois

most music player apps are just a skin for the built-in music player. This means that they will all use about the same amount of battery power. also, the player has nothing to do with what type of headphone you use it won't make any difference whatsoever

so what makes Stello any different than any other music player?

well stellio is not just a skin for the built-in music player, by the way , the OnePlus 6t doesn't have a built-in music player unless you're referring to Google music.
    if I follow your line of thought , it would mean stellio is the same as power amp and so on....I mean no offence but that is an ignorant thing to say
    using the same codec (which by the way I don't think stellio does) doesn't necessarily mean that the output will be similar (as an analogy two cars having the same engine are not necessarily identical )
    and i never stated that there was a link between the player and the headphone...I said they sound good with the bullet v2 headphones and that is an opinion
    edit: stellio has an equaliser, support AGC, reverbs and so on

1573124966847.jpg

1573124982253.jpg

1573124988408.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019

20. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2019

No. You are totally off base in calling me ignorant because you have no idea what I'm talking about.

When I say built-in music player, I mean the media playback API built into the Android operating system. Music players tell the OS what you want to play and the OS handles the actual decoding of the files and sending the digital data to the proper output device. I am not talking about an app! Because the OS does all the work, all music players will use the same amount of power, support the same files, and sound exactly the same.

Secondly, every Oneplus phone comes with a music player. Years ago, they shipped with two, but there is no point in including BOTH Google Play Music and also their own (poor quality app). But again, I'm not talking about an app.

Again ... there is nothing special about the app that would make it more or less suitable for particular headphones.